Hutchinson

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

"care".....it seems to me the other 3 "attributes" rather outweigh that mate lol

Yes, but we are talking about attitude as opposed to ability.

I wouldn’t have thought that anyone rated Hutchinson very highly as a footballer?

He’s picked more for his warrior mentality, surely?

He provides back bone for me - albeit, on a good day.

Just now, Ronio said:

A player who puts his body on the line time and time again. Even if it could potentially put an end to his career at any moment.  

We shouldn't freeze him out if that is the case.  Get him on board, which he always has been.  That is surely the best and most logical way forward.  

What are you on about? 

This is the second manager that the bloke has fallen out with. 

You can't have players ruling the roost like that, irrespective of how good they might be. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Remember Rhodes saying something when he was at Norwich that suggested it (our dressing room) wasn't great. 

From the outside looking in, it appears that there is a core group of players who have been around for a while with a questionable attitude. 

Very true I remember those comments. 

This squad are nearly men. It needs a clear out at the end of the season. 

Moreover, Westwood has a major ego problem, FF is a petulant bellend and Hutch is a confrontational and aggressive individual. I bet all 3 are problematic to the group. All 3 need flushing out alongside with just about all out of contract players bar Fox. 

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

A player who puts his body on the line time and time again. Even if it could potentially put an end to his career at any moment.  

We shouldn't freeze him out if that is the case.  Get him on board, which he always has been.  That is surely the best and most logical way forward.  

Thats not our fault...Its not Monks fault..

Hutch has ALWAYS had a short future in the game after his injuries....sure you can sympathise, but you can't be held to ransom by it.

its SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!! FFS!...

You can't let nostalgia get in the way by preferring a favourite player to a manager.....Its not bloody reasonable its hardly good sense...and in no way will it ever work...

If..and i stress "IF"..there has been a fall out, and its an impasse...Its gotta be "Bye bye Hutch"...Thanks for yer serrvice...but this is  SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL CLUB!!..Who the f.ook are you?

It wasn’t that long ago that Westwood not playing was down to Mr C and nothing at all to do with that daft Dutch dwarf. Nando would never play for us again under Monk, and he wasn’t really injured.

Rhodes was going to Wigan, but didn’t. Bannan was going to Leeds, Winnall was returning to Barnsley, Iorfa was leaving to join a Premier League team I can’t remember who.

The only thing some got right before the event was Wickham’s pending arrival. Just saying.

But thanks anyway. 

Looking forward to Nuhiu’s next contract extension lol

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Remember Rhodes saying something when he was at Norwich that suggested it (our dressing room) wasn't great. 

From the outside looking in, it appears that there is a core group of players who have been around for a while with a questionable attitude. 

Might be the class of 2015 clique

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep. 

When did his dad depart? Was it the summer when Jordan moved to Norwich? 

Irritating that some of our fans can't see the bigger picture here. Yeah, Hutchinson has been a good servant and so forth, but if he is a malcontent behind the scenes then you need to get rid of people like that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

100%.

3 players who clearly think they are bigger than the club.

My real issue is with DCs refusal to sell players though, as these 3 all had transfer value at some point, but we've allowed them to milk us of cash and poison the squad.

I don't think FF is a problem in the same way otherwise he wouldn't have played today. When he was on the pitch he did well and Monk was complimentary about him. I think FF's problem was something else.

I can't imagine Lee being a problem for a manager, he seems a proper team man.

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

Just a guess this, but my money would be on Hutchison and Westwood wanting to train when they want, to deal with their injuries etc, and Monk pulling rank. 

I think Westwood's issue is he got dropped and hasn't taken it very well. 

6 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Yes, but we are talking about attitude as opposed to ability.

I wouldn’t have thought that anyone rated Hutchinson very highly as a footballer?

He’s picked more for his warrior mentality, surely?

He provides back bone for me - albeit, on a good day.

If you have a reckless unstable attitude...and are getting sent off or injured due to this attitude...yer "ability" counts for sod all..cos yer not there to show it

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I remember them too. But it would have had more resonance if Rhodes had actually put a shift in, in his first stint here.

Nothing wrong with senior players - taking other players to task if they are letting the Club down.

However, I have no idea if Rhodes’ comments had merit or not.

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This squad are nearly men. It needs a clear out at the end of the season. 

Moreover, Westwood has a major ego problem, FF is a petulant bellend and Hutch is a confrontational and aggressive individual. I bet all 3 are problematic to the group. All 3 need flushing out alongside with just about all out of contract players bar Fox. 

I’ve given FF fair amount of stick over years , but I’m not overly certain he’s the issue here now 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

When did his dad depart? Was it the summer when Jordan moved to Norwich? 

Irritating that some of our fans can't see the bigger picture here. Yeah, Hutchinson has been a good servant and so forth, but if he is a malcontent behind the scenes then you need to get rid of people like that. 

I think it was yeah. Rhodes comments was something along the lines of everyone getting along and fighting for the shirt. Think he called it the best dressing room he’s been in. Certainly gave the impression ours wasn’t great. 

You don’t know what exactly goes on. But I remember at the time Jos went, Hutch gave an interview slating the bloke and saying he didn’t understand English football. Then went onto mimic a moustache to the away fans after a victory. Hardly very professional was it? 

Guest wilyfox

Who cares?! This bunch need outing anyway. But I've heard Hutch threw a punch at Monk that missed and hit Pelupessy, who then stumbled into Rhodes who fell onto Westwood's coćk and died. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Pain in the arse, and that’s why Ireland sacked him off. 

Yep. 

For years we all wondered why others (Forde, Randolph) got picked ahead of Westwood. 

Perhaps it was less to do with ability and more to do with reliability, personality, temperament?