Hutchinson

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Did you speak to him?

I spoke to Pudil, who didn't have a  problem getting in the lift with me and the wife. Westwood just complained about someone else (me) holding him up as he wanted to travel the opposite direction. I didn't have to speak to him. The fact I was there first didn't apply to a highly paid footballer.

I can remember an old family member once saying to me that first impressions count for a lot in life. 

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I think Joey P deserves more respect. ( Not aimed at you by the way)

Yes he is limited, but he is always available, obviously does what his manager tells him and no one could ever accuse him of not giving his all. He tries his best and for that reason alone he deserves more respect rather than some of the awful comments about him.

I could do all of those things so should I bring my boots next week if that's all that's required?

These managers need to manage our better players more effectively... didn't seem to be much issue with Bruce who's used to big egos. And Westwood, Hutchinson and FF are still our better players. The fact that we've replaced them in the team with Dawson, Pelupessy and Nuhui is why we're so awful and ineffective to watch.

I don't even have anything against them leaving but we should aim to bring in players who are equally as good, if not better. Replacing them with cr*p means the team moves backwards which is what's happened 

Just now, NYCOWL said:

Jos lost his mind.

But I think  there was a lot going on that we don't see.

What a shame we lost Steve Bruce. 

Absolutely...It seems to me these "Unsettled" player things tend to come out when its a manager under a bit of pressure....and are all "Agenda" driven...It eventually got rid of Jos...cos..in all honesty..Who was Jos?

Nowt happened under Bruce, because his track record was miles in front of any player....

Would it have happened under Atknson?...Doubt it...

It could happen under Monk....

.I'm with the manager on this...cos its pointless being owt else....

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

If it wasn't for FFP I think we'd be better off paying up their contracts just to get them gone from the club.

Don't think that would matter mate.  If we owed 500k to a player in wages until contract runs out, then FFP would value it the same in one lump sum to pay them off, surely? 

This suggestion we would be top 6 now under Bruce with this squad is just utterly clutching at straws,  don’t forget how he failed at Villa , it’s not a given that he would have been successful here 

8 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I spoke to Pudil, who didn't have a  problem getting in the lift with me and the wife. Westwood just complained about someone else (me) holding him up as he wanted to travel the opposite direction. I didn't have to speak to him. The fact I was there first didn't apply to a highly paid footballer.

I can remember an old family member once saying to me that first impressions count for a lot in life. 

Doesn't make them right though.  How often do we misjudge  someone?  

It could be down to tactics.

Bruce had Hutchinson higher up the pitch.

Under Monk he got deeper and deeper like under Jos. His form was dipping. I and others were making posts saying how he is a defender and shouldn't be in midfield.

Maybe hutch also had a problem with this.

Just speculating. 

But if Lee hutch and Westwood are now banished , that limits us badly and will only end up getting monk the sack if the team can't pick up points. 

Edited by Beholder

14 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Coincidence...

Surprised your not peddling some story about the Chairman telling Monk who can and can’t play or something 

Just now, Royal_D said:

This suggestion we would be top 6 now under Bruce with this squad is just utterly clutching at straws,  don’t forget how he failed at Villa , it’s not a given that he would have been successful here 

I wasn’t happy with the way the Club bent over backwards to get Bruce here. To me, it showed an initial lack of commitment from Bruce.

But I have to say - I ate my words.

Bruce, up to leaving, gave us genuine hope at the time. He seemed like the “real deal”.

Big name managers have a certain charisma - star players seem to fall into line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I struggle with my mental health.  Not only that but I'm also a carer for my wife who has suffered all of her life, and on one occasion almost led to her taking her life. I saved her that night. It was horrible. 

I take medication every day, and have done for the last four years. I've also had counselling. 

I've also had the DWP causing me numerous problems which haven't helped. 

In none of that time though, has it been an excuse. I still have a wife, a child, and a part time job which i have never let me boss or fellow workmates down. 

Everyone is different.