Hutchinson

15 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Hutchinson will not play for SWFC again (caveat: under the current manager)

I think your right , but that's a dam shame if it causes us to go down , we are a sinking ship and if we get a 21 point or even 15 point hit we are goners . we need players like him in midfield ,its in his and our interest that things get sorted , who in summer if he leaves will want to sign him if he aint played in 8 months by next august and if they did im sure he would be having a 50%pay cut.

Hutch isn’t the answer to our midfield problems. And this is the second time he’s been frozen out by a manager. 

I love his attitude and it may be down to passion and speaking his mind, but you’ve got to ask questions when this is the second time it’s happened during his time here.

We need to move on from him in the summer anyway. I’ve been a big fan of his and believe we’ve wasted him playing central midfield. But time to look forward not back. 

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hutch isn’t the answer to our midfield problems. And this is the second time he’s been frozen out by a manager. 

I love his attitude and it may be down to passion and speaking his mind, but you’ve got to ask questions when this is the second time it’s happened during his time here.

We need to move on from him in the summer anyway. I’ve been a big fan of his and believe we’ve wasted him playing central midfield. But time to look forward not back. 

Sorry Sally it is time to look back, Hutchinson is the steadying element in or just in front of our back four. Increasingly Monks influence has been totally negative in terms of providing a steadying influence on our rear guard.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Surely we can’t persist with Pessy in midfield. Ideally we would play Luongo but who knows how long he is going to be out injured for. If it’s a choice of Pessy or Hutchinson for the remainder of the season imo Monk needs to swallow his pride and put Hutch back in the team. If he lets him go at the end of the season fair enough but while we have him he should use him imo. 

21 hours ago, prowl said:

Hutchinson is a good player but no manager can allow a player to undermine his authority. If that happens he's finished.

There's ways of putting your point across forcefully and respectfully but at the end of the day it's got to be the managers call. Imagine for instance Monk wants Hutch to play further forward but he keeps dropping back onto the toes of the CB's. The manager can ask but if it doesn't happen time and time again he can only drop the player. If that leads to a heated discussion Hutch eventually has to say if he will or won't do what the manager wants. if he won't, he doesn't play. I've no idea if this is the problem it might well be something else but at the end of the day we need the manager to be in charge or all the players wll do what they want.

It will all come out eventually but I'll back the manager over a player in most circumstances. We've got a squad that can play really well or really badly and that needs sorting. We've failed for years so somethings got to change if we are going to move forward.

Monk doesn't have any authority at the moment, one wonders if he'll ever recover, he has form as a short term manager.

50 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely we can’t persist with Pessy in midfield. Ideally we would play Luongo but who knows how long he is going to be out injured for. If it’s a choice of Pessy or Hutchinson for the remainder of the season imo Monk needs to swallow his pride and put Hutch back in the team. If he lets him go at the end of the season fair enough but while we have him he should use him imo. 

Well yes Luongo will be in when he returns, no doubt. Pelupessy is a stop gap at the moment. Yes we’d probably prefer Hutch, but like others have said we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Monk may have a perfectly valid reason to which he thinks is of the benefit to the rest of the squad. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well yes Luongo will be in when he returns, no doubt. Pelupessy is a stop gap at the moment. Yes we’d probably prefer Hutch, but like others have said we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Monk may have a perfectly valid reason to which he thinks is of the benefit to the rest of the squad. 

he could well have a valid reason but imo we lack any sort of battle in midfield, we have no real leaders when Hutchinson isn’t on the pitch. So frustrating watching people like Pessy on the pitch that aren’t up to the job. 

1 minute ago, Terryowl said:

Does anyone really think that if we had someone say like Warnock as Manager Sam would be a problem. 

No he wouldn’t cause he’s a strong Manager the type we need.

No and there would be no problem if Bruce had not left. 

The next scapegoat in midfield will be Luongo (already sent off and missed more games than SH) when we find out results not going our way and the forwards are not scoring enough.

It is quite clear that ML is struggling to get to and win tackles is a little weaker physically and probably not as good in tight positions with the ball. Think the more he plays the lower his stock will become a little like Harris.

I really hope that I'm proved wrong and that ML gets his fitness and becomes the midfielder we need to replace SH.

More urgent is the need for a manager that can build a team and playing style whatever. Huddersfield,  Norwich, S2 and Aston Villa amongst others all found one when required.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I think your right , but that's a dam shame if it causes us to go down , we are a sinking ship and if we get a 21 point or even 15 point hit we are goners . we need players like him in midfield ,its in his and our interest that things get sorted , who in summer if he leaves will want to sign him if he aint played in 8 months by next august and if they did im sure he would be having a 50%pay cut.

I know I am right.  I agree with your sentiments, we need him in the middle of the park right now and whilst I’m highly sceptical of Monks performance, and his comments today are an utter shambles, I back him 100 percent on this.  

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

If Sam becomes available in the summer does anyone think a championship club would come in for him?

I think he'd get a lower championship club. Reading or Rotherham etc...