Hutchinson

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That doesn't mean there were question marks over his fitness when we signed him, though.

He'd been a regular for QPR for several years, so there's no reason to suspect he'd be injury-prone.

Not sure why you are being so obtuse on this one? Massimo was one of QPR's star players, with a year left on his contract, we get him for just £1M (allegedly) and our midfield was crying out for a player with all his talents. Our caretaker manager must have thought he was on to a winner yet in answer to the questions being asked he is saying that Massimo is not starting games and being put on for 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there at the start of the season when he should have been clocking minutes up with the rest of our fully fit players, because he was being "managed"! Yet to you that does not mean that there are question marks about his fitness? Sorry mate but I reckon that at least one of our new signings this January will play more than 78 minutes over the next 4 games and at least one of them definitely has question marks over his fitness! I am not going to argue this point with you, I was only pointing out what we were told, you can draw whatever conclusion you want to, but short of Bullen telling you in person that he didn't play Massimo, because Massimo was not up to it as much as Lee (!) and Hutch (!!) when he first came to us, I am guessing you will not be satisfied! Give him a call and let us know how you get on with that one. Surely you must wonder why so many of our players join us unable to play many games for us, after having a medical, which they surely do (despite us joking about it) and that is the crux of my point.

I strongly believe that we should not be bringing in more injured, unfit or injury prone players to the club. We stopped doing it a while ago when Brian Laws was here. He was refused certain players to sign, due to question marks over future fitness, one of whom went on to sign for a certain local side who were not so thorough, or fussy and after their fans had been getting all silly and giddy about it, his injury problem re-surfaced and he never played for them again. The other local side raised their standards after that, while we have lowered ours and this is where it has got us. We have had three to four seasons worth of serious injury problems and it is not because we have just been very unlucky! That's it. Good day to you sir, I am moving on now, because I cannot be bothered to make it any clearer than that. If I could read the stir online I might be able to find you a quote or two, but I guess you are capable of doing that yourself if you are interested enough.

15 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Wasn't that simply because he wanted to leave and refused to sign a new contract, so they simply put him on gardening leave.

My mate is a QPR fan and he reckoned that QPR had a big clearout, because they were paying wages that were too high and players like Luongo and  would not take a wage cut. Sounds familiar. I think they got rid of 14 and brought in 17 or maybe the other way round, something like that, but don't quote me (;-)). He also reckoned that Luongo had gone a bit downhill and realised his potential at the club, but thought he may do better with better players around him. Luke Freeman was the fans big favourite, but I wont mention where he went. Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos reduced the wage bill by 70% and according to Les...  “What I will say is when I came through the door of this football club the wage bill was £68million. It was absolutely insane".

Again, this sounds familiar doesn't it? I wonder what still attracts players to our lovely club?

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

I think Bullen was referencing that he had been left out of pre season at QPR when arriving with us. When he arrived he needed time to get fit, maybe one of the reasons he’s been stop and start. 

I thought he had only missed one game, because he was rumoured to be going, then he signed for us, but if not, yes maybe you are right. But having seen how knackered he looked walking off after playing for more than half an hour, I would say he had, or has a problem somewhere and Bully was right to "manage" his progress. 

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

Wasn't that simply because he wanted to leave and refused to sign a new contract, so they simply put him on gardening leave.

No they could no longer afford their big earners. QPR had to get £44M off their wage bill. Massimo must have been on some serious wonga! I suppose we were the obvious choice after Forest dropped out. As for his pre season, he only missed the short tour of Austria. I don't suppose a skint club are going to pay for a player who is not part of their plans to go on holiday with them. Sounds like he could afford to go wherever he wanted.

:image:  

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Not seen much news this week, and only been on Owlstalk sparingly

I'm assuming Monk has had a fall out with a player or three

Can anyone point me in the direction of what's been said

Nothing Much mate 

just 2+2 =5 type of thing 

I think we may get more of the picture when the team is announced 

• Thanks 1

Told that Hutchinson was approached by the club recently about signing a new deal , whatever’s gone on from there is why the relationship is now where it’s at 

Take it or leave it ,  not interested in anyone asking about ‘sources’ or anything else , just sharing the info ! Sharing is caring etc 

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Told that Hutchinson was approached by the club recently about signing a new deal , whatever’s gone on from there is why the relationship is now where it’s at 

Take it or leave it ,  not interested in anyone asking about ‘sources’ or anything else , just sharing the info ! Sharing is caring etc 

I heard the total opposite. He enquired as to when negotiations over a new contract were to open and the club said they weren't. Full stop. Toys hurled.

40 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I heard the total opposite. He enquired as to when negotiations over a new contract were to open and the club said they weren't. Full stop. Toys hurled.

Makes more sense, what I was told stooped short of saying what went off after the contract discussions but I got the impression it was the club who approached SH but Monk has heard of it and put his foot down 

Who knows, Toys definitely hurled though 

On 01/02/2020 at 17:59, prowl said:

Sounds like Sam has been a naughty boy. Maybe one of the players who carries a bit too much influence in the dressing room.

The persistence with Pelupessy suggests Hutch has stepped over the line.

Speculation obv.

Agree with this.

We all know how charismatic he is, been at the club a long time, inspiring story as a pro...you can see why players would get behind him.
I have a feeling when the going gets tough, he's not afraid to say it how it is or call out others for doing so....some managers like that some don't.

Worth noting, he started every game when fit under CC and Bruce - if you remember it was the first action Bruce took restoring him to the XI alongside KW. Watching Joey play reminds you how good Hutchinson really is.

I also don't believe for a second it's an attitude or application problem with Hutchinson, again see all of the above for why.

Edited by Lionel Fessi
  • Like 1

Loungo aside the entire central midfield area needs shipping out and rebuilding from scratch. It’s been our problem area since CC came in

Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, and Reach are all undoubtedly talented, but they’re more of a collection of players instead of a fully functioning collective 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Agree with this.

We all know how charismatic he is, been at the club a long time, inspiring story as a pro...you can see why players would get behind him.
I have a feeling when the going gets tough, he's not afraid to say it how it is or call out others for doing so....some managers like that some don't.

Worth noting, he started every game when fit under CC and Bruce - if you remember it was the first action Bruce took restoring him to the XI alongside KW. Watching Joey play reminds you how good Hutchinson really is.

I also don't believe for a second it's an attitude or application problem with Hutchinson, again see all of the above for why.

Hutchinson is a good player but no manager can allow a player to undermine his authority. If that happens he's finished.

There's ways of putting your point across forcefully and respectfully but at the end of the day it's got to be the managers call. Imagine for instance Monk wants Hutch to play further forward but he keeps dropping back onto the toes of the CB's. The manager can ask but if it doesn't happen time and time again he can only drop the player. If that leads to a heated discussion Hutch eventually has to say if he will or won't do what the manager wants. if he won't, he doesn't play. I've no idea if this is the problem it might well be something else but at the end of the day we need the manager to be in charge or all the players wll do what they want.

It will all come out eventually but I'll back the manager over a player in most circumstances. We've got a squad that can play really well or really badly and that needs sorting. We've failed for years so somethings got to change if we are going to move forward.

Read somewhere, not sure if this thread or another, that Hutchinson has asked about a new contract but told he's not getting one and that's where we are where we are.

Would make sense to me. Personally I wouldn't offer him one either, I do like Hutchinson, his leadership qualities on the pitch are evident for all to see.

I just think it's possible we could do better with the money. We need to cut our cloth accordingly and minimise our risks, Hutchinson is a risk, and likely an expensive one. 

20 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

It was Bullen that brought them in prior to Clemence and Agnew then Bruce coming in

Brought back Westwood and Hutch

Can't say too much about Hutch. I'm one of his biggest fans. Love to see him in a defensive role .. if the club don't see fit to offer him a new contract then I'll just wish him well and hope he gets another club somewhere local so to not uproot his family