Hutchinson

On 11/02/2020 at 16:46, SallyCinnamon said:

Hutch isn’t the answer to our midfield problems. And this is the second time he’s been frozen out by a manager. 

Hutchinson - Jos/Monk

Monk - Boro/Brum 2 different chairmen have raised eyebrows. 

Unless you know the facts don’t assume- or we would never have appointed Monk. 

He really isn’t that good anymore

He does what many Wednesday fans like to see, ie charging about abit. For me he’s too slow, ponderous and has nowhere near enough quality on the ball, plus he has zero goal threat 

Loungo is a vastly superior player imo

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

He really isn’t that good anymore

He does what many Wednesday fans like to see, ie charging about abit. For me he’s too slow, ponderous and has nowhere near enough quality on the ball, plus he has zero goal threat 

Loungo is a vastly superior player imo

this. 

On 10/02/2020 at 19:35, Stoop said:

Loungo aside the entire central midfield area needs shipping out and rebuilding from scratch. It’s been our problem area since CC came in

Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, and Reach are all undoubtedly talented, but they’re more of a collection of players instead of a fully functioning collective 

Lee had a bit of everything and was probably closest of the group to being an all round midfielder, but he looks a shadow of himself these days,, seems the long lay off and injurys have taken their toll. 

The other three are a bit "one trick ponies" 

Bazza can pass a ball, but can't tackle or score goals, he's a bit lightweight for me centrally and a part of the problem. 

Reach. Can't defend, not combatative enough and too inconsistent. 

Can score a worldie and cross a ball well, but dosent do enough on a regular bacis. 

Sam. Bags of energy, attitude and commitment, good defencivly. 

Offers very little creativity or going forward. 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Lee had a bit of everything and was probably closest of the group to being an all round midfielder, but he looks a shadow of himself these days,, seems the long lay off and injurys have taken their toll. 

The other three are a bit "one trick ponies" 

Bazza can pass a ball, but can't tackle or score goals, he's a bit lightweight for me centrally and a part of the problem. 

Reach. Can't defend, not combatative enough and too inconsistent. 

Can score a worldie and cross a ball well, but dosent do enough on a regular bacis. 

Sam. Bags of energy, attitude and commitment, good defencivly. 

Offers very little creativity or going forward. 

Yes the blend is wrong, whether Sam plays or not, though obviously it has more teeth if he does play Don’t understand why, if that is the situation with Sam, a replacement wasn’t brought in, instead of another peripheral midfielder like Windass Makes no sense to me. It’s said that he can play between the lines, though I’ve seen no evidence of this, and quite frankly, Forestieri is a million times better at doing that role (when he’s not press ganged into a wing back role) It matters not though, as we often bypass the midfield entirely. Bannan and Lee do not provide enough of a platform for us to have a player playing the Windass role

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes the blend is wrong, whether Sam plays or not, though obviously it has more teeth if he does play Don’t understand why, if that is the situation with Sam, a replacement wasn’t brought in, instead of another peripheral midfielder like Windass Makes no sense to me. It’s said that he can play between the lines, though I’ve seen no evidence of this, and quite frankly, Forestieri is a million times better at doing that role (when he’s not press ganged into a wing back role) It matters not though, as we often bypass the midfield entirely. Bannan and Lee do not provide enough of a platform for us to have a player playing the Windass role

Windass was available so it was worth haviing a look at him on loan to see if he is what we need for next year.

We've no idea if there was a defensive midfielder available at a price we could afford (loan obviously).

My own view is Hutchinson is a good player if you want a very defensively orientated DM. The fact he is so defensive in his positioning means he means we have less going forward. As Bannan sits so deep we havelittle attacking threat other than long balls.

Personally I'd be happier with a more balanced midfield. Offensively I like a DM who will still get in the opposition half, a pair of wingers who can go wide in possession bit tuck in and cover the FB out of possession and either a box to box midfielder or an AM player. We are currently one dimensional.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Windass was available so it was worth haviing a look at him on loan to see if he is what we need for next year.

We've no idea if there was a defensive midfielder available at a price we could afford (loan obviously).

My own view is Hutchinson is a good player if you want a very defensively orientated DM. The fact he is so defensive in his positioning means he means we have less going forward. As Bannan sits so deep we havelittle attacking threat other than long balls.

Personally I'd be happier with a more balanced midfield. Offensively I like a DM who will still get in the opposition half, a pair of wingers who can go wide in possession bit tuck in and cover the FB out of possession and either a box to box midfielder or an AM player. We are currently one dimensional.

Yes, we don’t know whether  one was available, but it didn’t appear to be on our agenda. How can we properly assess Windass, if that is indeed what we are doing, when we continually bypass the midfield? If we aren’t going to use Hutchinson, and I do agree with you, he’s quite limited, other than his defensive abilities, there is nobody who can provide the sort of midfield platform needed to employ a number “10” The only way I see us being able to do it, is use a midfield three, with a “10” behind the front two. There is no room, in my opinion anyway, to have Windass and Forestieri in an attacking four

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I do get the Windass signing to be honest. 

Hutch & Bannan don't score goals, maybe 1/2 a season. 

Luongo started to, but with Lee since his return from injury the goals have dried up. Reach has been hopeless in front of goal too this season. Therefore bringing in a midfielder who can chip in with  some goals does make sense taking a bit of expectation off our impotent striking options. 

As the old saying goes most of our team "Couldn't score in a brothel" lol

On 01/02/2020 at 17:56, SiJ said:

Sounds like a bust up. 

No one in their right mind thinks Joey P is a better player than Hutchinson. 

If it is a bust up, then that would be the second manager that Hutchinson has fallen out with. 

and it's not the managers fault

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I do get the Windass signing to be honest. 

Hutch & Bannan don't score goals, maybe 1/2 a season. 

Luongo started to, but with Lee since his return from injury the goals have dried up. Reach has been hopeless in front of goal too this season. Therefore bringing in a midfielder who can chip in with  some goals does make sense taking a bit of expectation off our impotent striking options. 

As the old saying goes most of our team "Couldn't score in a brothel" lol

In theory yes, but we saw the reality against Luton. There was, potentially anyway, our most prolific four in attacking areas, but we couldn’t give them any quality service, because a midfield two of Bannan and Lee were never going to get the freedom to create. This means we always go long, just launching the ball into the box at every opportunity. Whether this is by design, it was after all Monk’s preferred option at Birmingham, or just simply because we ran out of ideas, I don’t know