DC - Pressure

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

No one to blame but himself for this mess.    

just wait till his cash starts to dry up, it will make the current situation look like a tea party.  

I fear it's actually dried up.

Not sure he had that much genuine cash anyway, or he'd have improved the ground and facilities.

35 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Most of the last 5 years is a write off. He must have committed a massive amount of funding so far. And it is still ongoing. I can’t see an end to it.

He has to start all over again.

Whether he has the will and finances to do so, is another matter.

DC a fatal mistake in not spending what was needed to hire an experienced director of football the day he took over. He knew nothing about football so needed an experienced hand alongside him.  In my opinion this would have saved him a vast amount of money over the years and led to us being a properly run club. 

For me this mistake has proved fatal. 

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I fear it's actually dried up.

Not sure he had that much genuine cash anyway, or he'd have improved the ground and facilities.

True.

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

DC a fatal mistake in not spending what was needed to hire an experienced director of football the day he took over. He knew nothing about football so needed an experienced hand alongside him.  In my opinion this would have saved him a vast amount of money over the years and led to us being a properly run club. 

For me this mistake has proved fatal. 

Other than the FD, there's no one at a senior level at the club - who does Monk communicate about matters on a daily basis - Bullen?

There a massive vacuum at Hillsborough in management and leadership, and it's no wonder the players shuffle about aimlessly.

57 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Make him an offer then 

FFS

I'm sure if he wanted too he could find a buyer.

This club with the right owner could go places but we aren't with Chansiri thats for sure.

The sooner he packs up and gets someone else in the better for all.

Guest Ferkorf

We were never going to make any big signings...

Or any signings at all that cost anything.

When will everybody realise we are absolutely screwed by this FFP situation.

Chansiri knows he has messed up thats why he will not spend anymore money to push us further into the mire.

The problem is the fans we are too placid, we allow these inept performance and simple whinging about it on social media.

No action is taken, we cannot voice our disapproval at games or we are a toxic atmosphere at match.

Plan and simple vote the only way DC and the club are bothered, in their pockets. Stop buying the merchandise, tickets and spending money at the club, when the team are playing in front of crowds of 8,000 each week and DC is losing £1m a week to keep the club afloat, he might final make a decision and sell the club at a market value to someone who has any business ability what so ever because I am sorry to say the last 5 years have show he has none what so ever.

So many things have gone wrong but the most worrying aspect of everything is no lesson have been learned as we are still making the say errors season on season. 

Loyal fans that have support the club from birth, are being priced out of attending matches, wearing their clubs colours and generally feeling like fans.

Something has to change and now because we are sinking further and further into a hole and when we get relegated, be it this season, next or the years after, the mess the club is in could see us go a lot further or worse. Things are that bad off the pitch not to even mention the farce we currently call a first team.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The problem is the fans we are too placid, we allow these inept performance and simple whinging about it on social media.

No action is taken, we cannot voice our disapproval at games or we are a toxic atmosphere at match.

Plan and simple vote the only way DC and the club are bothered, in their pockets. Stop buying the merchandise, tickets and spending money at the club, when the team are playing in front of crowds of 8,000 each week and DC is losing £1m a week to keep the club afloat, he might final make a decision and sell the club at a market value to someone who has any business ability what so ever because I am sorry to say the last 5 years have show he has none what so ever.

So many things have gone wrong but the most worrying aspect of everything is no lesson have been learned as we are still making the say errors season on season. 

Loyal fans that have support the club from birth, are being priced out of attending matches, wearing their clubs colours and generally feeling like fans.

Something has to change and now because we are sinking further and further into a hole and when we get relegated, be it this season, next or the years after, the mess the club is in could see us go a lot further or worse. Things are that bad off the pitch not to even mention the farce we currently call a first team.

It took us to nearly go bust for some to get a bit upset. Some saw it coming years in advance.  

I get the feeling it’s happening again? 

43 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

That’s why next season is the opportunity and this season was always going to be tough - most of the strikers going out plus a few others will give us some serious wriggle room.

No it won't we are losing £20m a year and can only lose £39m over 3 years, end of this season we lose all of our strikers, bar the expensive one Rhodes, Hutch, Fessi, Fox the loan players all out of contract.

We are left with about 12-14 first team players so we have to rebuild a team on free agents and loan players, this is not building for the future it is, there is no solid base or youth players being developed to come through we are sinking further and further each season and the silverware has been sold. Nothing is left only selling the next season tickets in advance.

I’m fine if we just use this year to finally sort some things out.

Winnall

Hutchinson

Forestieri

Fletcher

Lee

Pelupessy

Nuhiu

Murphy

Will all be leaving the club

Lees

Odubajo

Rhodes

Palmer

Westwood

Will hopefully all be moved on

If we go into the end of the season with a squad of:

Dawson

Börner

Iorfa

Fox

Bannan

Luongo

Harris

Reach

I feel like we will have a decent nucleus to build around.

That gives a huge opportunity for the first time in 5 years to really re-work this entire squad.

I’m not happy with Monk - but I definitely wouldn’t threaten his position. We need him in place and feeling angry to make these calls.

I can see that someone else will ultimately end up profiting from his work.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

I'm sure if he wanted too he could find a buyer.

This club with the right owner could go places but we aren't with Chansiri thats for sure.

The sooner he packs up and gets someone else in the better for all.

You know what I could see happening and now I don't know whether I could stomach it or not McCabe buying us.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m fine if we just use this year to finally sort some things out.

Winnall

Hutchinson

Forestieri

Fletcher

Lee

Pelupessy

Nuhiu

Murphy

Will all be leaving the club

Lees

Odubajo

Rhodes

Palmer

Westwood

Will hopefully all be moved on

If we go into the end of the season with a squad of:

Dawson

Börner

Iorfa

Fox

Bannan

Luongo

Harris

Reach

I feel like we will have a decent nucleus to build around.

That gives a huge opportunity for the first time in 5 years to really re-work this entire squad.

I’m not happy with Monk - but I definitely wouldn’t threaten his position. We need him in place and feeling angry to make these calls.

I can see that someone else will ultimately end up profiting from his work.

I partly agree.

However, I think of those we'll keep Fletcher and Nuhiu too, dont think we'll be able to find a 3rd/4th choice striker like him at all and he wont be on much. Plus he gives his all every game unlike some.

Palmer should stay too.

Bannan should leave. He's part of the problem.

Guest Kameron
11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You know what I could see happening and now I don't know whether I could stomach it or not McCabe buying us.

It could be a goer this, maybe coincidence but this has just sold to some old duffer from Scarborough.

https://www.vinterior.co/furniture/tables/dining-tables/huge-12ft-rosewood-dining-table-boardroom-table-1960s-1970s

25 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Ive heard a lot of things plucked from nowhere

But that’s up there

I hope not but he has show from S2 over 20+ yrs how to run a football club, develop youth players and bring in a good manager with a strong motivation for the club to succeed not once but twice. he has made a lot of mistakes. 

But he could not run our club as badly as Dc continues to do week in week out.

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No it won't we are losing £20m a year and can only lose £39m over 3 years, end of this season we lose all of our strikers, bar the expensive one Rhodes, Hutch, Fessi, Fox the loan players all out of contract.

We are left with about 12-14 first team players so we have to rebuild a team on free agents and loan players, this is not building for the future it is, there is no solid base or youth players being developed to come through we are sinking further and further each season and the silverware has been sold. Nothing is left only selling the next season tickets in advance.

Yes there are challenges but things aren’t that negative. Fessi and Fletch are also very expensive ones and Winnall will be on a fair amount. Others also likely on big amounts. Depending on who we plan to release, next season does provide a relative opportunity. Most teams competing at the top end will be making similar losses sadly.