DC - Pressure

The camp is absolutely sick of what’s going on at the minute

Season tickets to the Premier League when we can’t even beat a 1 in 14 win Wigan 

Players with absolutely no bottle 

Manager switching tactics and formation week in week out

No consistency 

Fans ready/have chuck towel in 

What’s the response DC? What is the plan from now to the end of the season? Are you going to come out and say Promotion is still on? Do we have any time to sort this mess and clear the decks with the players, or is it now or never with a looming possible deduction?

No football hierarchy at the club is killing us - no director of football, DC is making all the decisions - we desperately need some intelligence and experience in and around the board level.

We’re in limbo - are we knackered? Do we need to go poo or bust this season? 

Our intent will clearly be shown in this transfer window I suppose - if some u23 development player from Parma is our marquee signing to pull us from the poo then god help us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

DC just needs to sell up and leave, end of. He doesn't have the humility or skills to run a football club, he thinks its all about the money. He tied that for first two seasons then realises it doesn't always work. Paying the price ever since. If he would have had employed a proper team instead and got a proper plan together instead of just flashing his cheque book we may well have been up by now. Instead we need a massive rebuild now and that could take years. Frightening, a rebuild without a clue.

• Like 1

Most of the last 5 years is a write off. He must have committed a massive amount of funding so far. And it is still ongoing. I can’t see an end to it.

He has to start all over again.

Whether he has the will and finances to do so, is another matter.

Edited by ReadingOwl

He has no plan whatsoever.

Nothing else to sell to himself.

No more dodgy companies to set up.

Ticket prices maxed out.

Mad seat plaques and 20 year season tickets gone down like a wet fart.

Executive boxes all empty.

No more parts of the ground to sponsor himself.

We are treading water.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I would take a points deduction and a relegation if it means we rip it all up, start again and appoint experienced football people in key positions. 

He's had 4 years to do this.  But he doesn't, so why would a relegation make him change his "my way or the highway" approach?

7 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Chansiri has created this hysteria that happens after every game. Such a demand has been put on the team to win promotion that expectations are higher than the players capabilities.

Agreed. He’s set the tone. At Monk’s unveiling he said I only think top two or something along those lines.

Creates a toxic atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He's had 4 years to do this.  But he doesn't, so why would a relegation make him change his "my way or the highway" approach?

I’m not sure. But I had a sense of encouragement from the appointment of Bruce’s recruitment team. And for what they cost I don’t think our summer recruitment was that bad. 

Said in another thread, are Downes and the other bloke still here? 

He didn't have a clue about football before he took over - the game itself, the club or the culture surrounding it 

I could accept it at the time, thought he will learn and grow as a chairman 

5 years in - he hasn't learnt a thing.

That is unforgivable in the circumstances 

I imagine ST sales will be well down. I don't think we've ever had a real hard-core of 21k; more like 17k.

If they are down, this must be the final straw for him and his 'strategy'. Nothing on the commercial side has worked up to now, so he will have to change course at some point.

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

I imagine ST sales will be well down. I don't think we've ever had a real hard-core of 21k; more like 17k.

If they are down, this must be the final straw for him and his 'strategy'. Nothing on the commercial side has worked up to now, so he will have to change course at some point.

He will just up POTG Prices .

3 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

He will just up POTG Prices .

yep - as I said, nothing on the commercial side has worked up to now.

His pricing out POTD only works when you have a successful team, which creates demand. We don't, and this then undermines the ST sales as well.

Guest Kameron

No one to blame but himself for this mess.    

just wait till his cash starts to dry up, it will make the current situation look like a tea party.