DC - Pressure

39 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m fine if we just use this year to finally sort some things out.

Winnall

Hutchinson

Forestieri

Fletcher

Lee

Pelupessy

Nuhiu

Murphy

Will all be leaving the club

Lees

Odubajo

Rhodes

Palmer

Westwood

Will hopefully all be moved on

If we go into the end of the season with a squad of:

Dawson

Börner

Iorfa

Fox

Bannan

Luongo

Harris

Reach

I feel like we will have a decent nucleus to build around.

That gives a huge opportunity for the first time in 5 years to really re-work this entire squad.

I’m not happy with Monk - but I definitely wouldn’t threaten his position. We need him in place and feeling angry to make these calls.

I can see that someone else will ultimately end up profiting from his work.

Nothing wrong with Palmer as a squad player - proves he is good enough for that and he won’t be on massive wages. His commitment would be helpful right now!

Just now, We are all Wednesday said:

Nothing wrong with Palmer as a squad player - proves he is good enough for that and he won’t be on massive wages. His commitment would be helpful right now!

Lees too depending on salary! Guess we my keep Fletcher too - obviously a good patch early this season but he has been injured quite a lot - all depends on wage demands!

1 minute ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Yes there are challenges but things aren’t that negative. Fessi and Fletch are also very expensive ones and Winnall will be on a fair amount. Others also likely on big amounts. Depending on who we plan to release, next season does provide a relative opportunity. Most teams competing at the top end will be making similar losses sadly.

We are in a 3 year cycle for P&S  so next season we have last season, this season and next season figures, if we are losing close to £20m a season we have already broke the limits before we start the season, yes we save £10-15m on salary but we still need another income source before we can do any team improvements or we hope to pick players up on free and loans (for free)

Just getting rid of 10 players on big wages means nothing if there is no plan to replace them in place.

I do think getting rid of the deadwood is a chance to rebuild, but we have been saying this since the play off final and the team bar 3 or 4 players is the same team, Westwood, Lees, Palmer, Bannan, Hutch, Fessi, Reach, 7 of the starting 11 add to that Fletcher that have not changed in nearly 4 years how much in salaries alone of these players cost us in that time/

I just don't trust the club to rebuild the team, instead we will look for the cheap option and in the meantime fans will continue to pay the sky high prices for everything watching a team assembled for less than every team in the league.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We are in a 3 year cycle for P&S  so next season we have last season, this season and next season figures, if we are losing close to £20m a season we have already broke the limits before we start the season, yes we save £10-15m on salary but we still need another income source before we can do any team improvements or we hope to pick players up on free and loans (for free)

Just getting rid of 10 players on big wages means nothing if there is no plan to replace them in place.

I do think getting rid of the deadwood is a chance to rebuild, but we have been saying this since the play off final and the team bar 3 or 4 players is the same team, Westwood, Lees, Palmer, Bannan, Hutch, Fessi, Reach, 7 of the starting 11 add to that Fletcher that have not changed in nearly 4 years how much in salaries alone of these players cost us in that time/

I just don't trust the club to rebuild the team, instead we will look for the cheap option and in the meantime fans will continue to pay the sky high prices for everything watching a team assembled for less than every team in the league.

I am aware of the constraints on us and others and we have challenges for sure but it does provide an opportunity - we haven’t had one of this scale since the loss in the play-off final and we now realise the scale of change required. I am hopeful for next year and thought 2020/21 is the opportunity since the end of last season. It was always going to be tough to do anything this season. Fletcher coming good provided a glimmer but ultimately it seems not enough following his injury.

47 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I partly agree.

However, I think of those we'll keep Fletcher and Nuhiu too, dont think we'll be able to find a 3rd/4th choice striker like him at all and he wont be on much. Plus he gives his all every game unlike some.

Palmer should stay too.

Bannan should leave. He's part of the problem.

Kiefer Moore could play the Nuhiu role. I like Matt Smith too.

I also like Fletcher but at his age, wage and history of knee injury...I think we should cut him loose.

15 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

He isn’t a winner.

He’s cruising through his career without an ounce of desire or ambition.

Been here too long. Get rid and get 2 proper right backs in.

Just now, McRightSide said:

He isn’t a winner.

He’s cruising through his career without an ounce of desire or ambition.

Been here too long. Get rid and get 2 proper right backs in.

I think that’s harsh but we’re both entitled to our opinions. He is solid and hardworking. To balanced the books, not every player needs to be messi but they do need to offer something of substance and I think Palmer does that in his own year. He has come on in the last couple of years.

17 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

51 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I partly agree.

However, I think of those we'll keep Fletcher and Nuhiu too, dont think we'll be able to find a 3rd/4th choice striker like him at all and he wont be on much. Plus he gives his all every game unlike some.

Palmer should stay too.

I don’t mean to single you two out but the posts above summarize how endemic the acceptance of mediocrity is within our fanbase.

Nuhiu and Palmer can play a role in the Championship but are not good enough for a promotion winning side

Fletcher has been in great form but is old and often on the brink of injury. Don’t forget, he normally takes a full season to score the amount of goals he has this season.

We should not be loyal or honorable. We should cut them loose and wish them the best. We should not allow ourselves to accept average squad players. You can always find better.

Throw in the bleating about Thorniley leaving and you can see how the fans just can’t let go of mediocrity. 

The players I listed as worth keeping are the ones I feel have a winning mentality and would be able to be part of a challenging squad.

There’ll be plenty of good free agents and loan signings available at the end of the season, we just need to start preparing now and get our business done early. Last pre-season we managed to get a couple of good freebies in place and this time round we’ve even got a manager.

2 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I think that’s harsh but we’re both entitled to our opinions. He is solid and hardworking. To balanced the books, not every player needs to be messi but they do need to offer something of substance and I think Palmer does that in his own year. He has come on in the last couple of years.

Fox is showing him up big style. 

Passion, desire to improve, bravery and courage in games.

Defending with guts, attacking with purpose. 

Meanwhile Palmer continues to his quest to get walking Football recognized as an official sport

Why would Chansiri do anything different now, when he's obviously not learned anything in all the time he's owned the club? 

If he carries on with his current attitude and approach we will end up being another Portsmouth or Coventry. 

I said this about three years ago and was ridiculed at the time. 

His plan is solely based on promotion, there is nothing else to fall back on. The team is stale, fans are apathetic, ticket prices are high and Chansiri has backed himself so far into a corner, he's got nowhere to turn. 

Personally, I think we're nowhere near to where we're heading. The brown stuff is going to hit the fan in a big way. This time it will be far worse than the Dave Allen / Kaven Walker era. 

Very sad times ahead. 

2 hours ago, Animis said:

Other than the FD, there's no one at a senior level at the club - who does Monk communicate about matters on a daily basis - Bullen?

There a massive vacuum at Hillsborough in management and leadership, and it's no wonder the players shuffle about aimlessly.

Don't think players normally deal with management. Can just see Messi thinking, not happy with my form or team formation, i know I'll go and have a chat with the chief executive.

I do however agree with you point other than impact on players.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I partly agree.

Palmer should stay too.

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. As much as he is a good player most of the time, especially against teams that afford him space, We can get better for what he does, someone a bit more dynamic and that gets up and down more and puts a foot in. He's great when he creates, but when he doesn't, or he's doing those pirouettes or arm waving and screeching, he's bloody clueless.

Plus he'll command a decent fee for us ...

In relation to players, with what @McRightSide said, I'd be inclined to offer Fox and Hutch (moved in to the back line) new contracts, release the rest out of contract, and make available all players apart from Dawson/Wildsmith, Borner, Iorfa, Palmer, Luongo, Reach and Harris then have some of the youngsters brought in to develop further (Penny, Hunt etc). The rest can all be shipped out for pastures new and hopefully much of that losers/comfy/repetitive attitude and mentality will have left with them, we'll have freed up a hell of a wage budget and Monk can bring in young, hungry, dynamic and saleable assets. Something we've yearned for years!

We can't hold on and be empathetic towards the likes of Fletcher and Bannan, Nunu etc. They are part of the problem, ageing, not the right fit, poor, comfy, past their sell by dates etc.

Get rid and start again

ALSO the biggest transfers DC could ever make for this club would be ones off the field, director of football or people with the right football knowledge behind the scenes. That would be the biggest transfers he could pull off. People to get this club going again and not have to rely on a chairman that knows the square root of f*ck all when its to do with footballing matters.

6 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. As much as he is a good player most of the time, especially against teams that afford him space, We can get better for what he does, someone a bit more dynamic and that gets up and down more and puts a foot in. He's great when he creates, but when he doesn't, or he's doing those pirouettes or arm waving and screeching, he's bloody clueless.

Plus he'll command a decent fee for us ...

In relation to players, with what @McRightSide said, I'd be inclined to offer Fox and Hutch (moved in to the back line) new contracts, release the rest out of contract, and make available all players apart from Dawson/Wildsmith, Borner, Iorfa, Palmer, Luongo, Reach and Harris then have some of the youngsters brought in to develop further (Penny, Hunt etc). The rest can all be shipped out for pastures new and hopefully much of that losers/comfy/repetitive attitude and mentality will have left with them, we'll have freed up a hell of a wage budget and Monk can bring in young, hungry, dynamic and saleable assets. Something we've yearned for years!

We can't hold on and be empathetic towards the likes of Fletcher and Bannan, Nunu etc. They are part of the problem, ageing, not the right fit, poor, comfy, past their sell by dates etc.

Get rid and start again

ALSO the biggest transfers DC could ever make for this club would be ones off the field, director of football or people with the right football knowledge behind the scenes. That would be the biggest transfers he could pull off. People to get this club going again and not have to rely on a chairman that knows the square root of f*ck all when its to do with footballing matters.

Bannan is the 2019 leading assist maker on the Championship. 

He has the ability but we rely on him far too heavily. We have zero other options.

I think he forms part of a squad rather than being our only outlet.

I don’t think Penney cuts the mustard either, would let him go. No idea about Hunt.

Wildsmith is poor but fine as a benchwarmer with a few cup games thrown in.

Edited by McRightSide

3 hours ago, erowl said:

I fully expect him to try and cash in on the Man City tie ... Don't expect any cheap tickets for this match

**FA CUP SEASON TICKET**

Buy a FA Cup season ticket for £150.00 and attend the match against Man City and then all subsequent games up to the Final are just £10.00 each and if we get to the final you can have an FA cup final ticket for the reduced price of £35 and if we win the final you will be refunded £50.00 and get to watch any subsequent FA cup match until 2050 for £2 until we win the FA cup again when you get another £50.00 back and when we have won the FA Cup for a third time you get YOUR REMAINING £50 BACK IN FULL.

POTG: £135.00 Adult.

Edited by ka58

37 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Fox is showing him up big style. 

Passion, desire to improve, bravery and courage in games.

Defending with guts, attacking with purpose. 

Meanwhile Palmer continues to his quest to get walking Football recognized as an official sport

These should be a given - that is why Fox is getting praised - it's as much for the rest of the squads lack of heart/fight/desire than it is his progress

We need better than both 

We can criticise all we want, but he has spent a shed load of money on us. He didn’t want this either. 

He is also a one man owner of the club and the assets. It’s within his right to wind the club down, shut up shop and sell the ground and training ground for redevelopment to get some money back. 

I don’t think spitting venom at the guy is in anyone’s interest. 

He needs a new CEO, and a fans forum to re-engage.