DC - Pressure

He can’t hack any form of pressure or criticism. He’s from the same school of CC when it comes to anybody questioning him- you aren’t allowed to. 

I have no doubt that he has the best intentions with our football club and I do truly believe he is a good guy, but fornicate me I wouldn’t trust him to run my bath, nevermind a football club. 

4 minutes ago, ka58 said:

**FA CUP SEASON TICKET**

Buy a FA Cup season ticket for £150.00 and attend the match against Man City and then all subsequent games up to the Final are just £10.00 each and if we get to the final you can have an FA cup final ticket for the reduced price of £35 and if we win the final you will be refunded £50.00 and get to watch any subsequent FA cup match until 2050 for £2 until we win the FA cup again when you get another £50.00 back and when we have won the FA Cup for a third time you get YOUR REMAINING £50 BACK IN FULL.

POTG: £85.00 Adult.

Or simply we have 4 games at home before the man City game 3 are not very fancible teams.

Offer a 5 game pack £120 for the next 4 games mean you get a guaranteed cup ticket for the man City game - might only add 3,000-4,000 to the gate for the next 4 games but that's another £360,000 - £480,000 for doing nothing than trying to get gate up.

Instead nothing will happen.

I'm often critical of Bannan, but to be honest I think we have absolutely wasted him at this football club.

I said 3 years ago that no side would ever get promoted playing him in a midfield two. I stand by that. He offers nothing defensively in that roll and any team with him in the structure has no decent shape whatsoever. However, in a three where others can cover for his shortcomings and give him the freedom to play, he's an outstanding creative force... almost second to none in this division. 

Since almost the day he signed, we've played 4-4-2 and recruited for that formation. This season is the only one where we recruited and set up to play 4-3-3 (Harris, Murphy)... but now our only decent 90-minute lone striker is injured for the rest of the season and we pretty much have to default to 4-4-2 again... and the continuation of a weaker team with Bannan in the middle will continue. 

He's 30 now(?), and I don't think we will ever have a team that can play 4-3-3 that will even threaten promotion in the next couple of years. Wasted.

22 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Bannan is the 2019 leading assist maker on the Championship. 

He has the ability but we rely on him far too heavily. We have zero other options.

I think he forms part of a squad rather than being our only outlet.

I don’t think Penney cuts the mustard either, would let him go. No idea about Hunt.

Wildsmith is poor but fine as a benchwarmer with a few cup games thrown in.

Its about refreshing the squad though. He's been with us for a number of years and only now is he the top assister in the league. Derby sold on Tom Ince even though he'd just pumped in 14 goals and 8 assists in 45 games. Scott Sinclair sold off albeit in the jan window after bagging 9 in 28 for Celtic. It happens. refresh, don't rest on your laurels and Bannan aint getting any younger. Plus he'll command a fee and we need the cash to bring in younger, hungry and hopefully more dynamic players

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm often critical of Bannan, but to be honest I think we have absolutely wasted him at this football club.

I said 3 years ago that no side would ever get promoted playing him in a midfield two. I stand by that. He offers nothing defensively in that roll and any team with him in the structure has no decent shape whatsoever. However, in a three where others can cover for his shortcomings and give him the freedom to play, he's an outstanding creative force... almost second to none in this division. 

Since almost the day he signed, we've played 4-4-2 and recruited for that formation. This season is the only one where we recruited and set up to play 4-3-3 (Harris, Murphy)... but now our only decent 90-minute lone striker is injured for the rest of the season and we pretty much have to default to 4-4-2 again... and the continuation of a weaker team with Bannan in the middle will continue. 

He's 30 now(?), and I don't think we will ever have a team that can play 4-3-3 that will even threaten promotion in the next couple of years. Wasted.

We played a lot of 451 in CC's first season with him in the middle or out wide. it worked. We played some great football. Look at the arsenal game. Helen on the left, Wallace on the right, Bannan, Hutch and Klee in the middle.

On 29/01/2020 at 09:32, Animis said:

yep - as I said, nothing on the commercial side has worked up to now.

His pricing out POTD only works when you have a successful team, which creates demand. We don't, and this then undermines the ST sales as well.

It must be difficult to persuade him to reduce prices when it dosnt seem to increase attendances. What argument would you use to persuade him?

2 minutes ago, pioowl said:

It must be difficult to persuade him to reduce prices when it dosnt seem to increase attendances. What argument would you use to persuade him?

I was more thinking the strategy should be aimed at maintaining attendances. He's essentially priced out POTD and it has become embedded.

I'm not sure was his short/medium/long term revenue targets are, but he has clearly focused on ST sales. This has given him circa 21k per season. If he can maintain/sustain the club on this, then fine - with members and away fans, our average will be circa 23/24k.

If the product over time makes ST holders question the value, and we see a reduction in their numbers, the POTD aren't going to make up the shortfall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pioowl said:

He trialled £20 for the Charlton game a few years back... crowd of 30,000. But apparently it wasn't high enough.

Also, the games that have been at a reduced rate in the past - and still not exactly a bargain price - have been games which the target audience are likely to look at and decide they'd rather stick pins in their eyes regardless of price.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Is DC getting the flack because Monk is still new? Are the players getting away with it? I know results recently haven't been great but what has Chansiri done exactly that is terrible? If it's the finances then yes he took a gamble to try get promoted as other clubs have done, got close and failed, since then money spending has been sensible and we have a decent squad, after all we are still 11th. Yes if the points deduction happens would be a gigantic issue, but he did what Derby and others have done with the stadium sale. Hopefully we can come to some agreement with the EFL. I think Chansiri will no longer spend huge fees after all the issues with the EFL. Other clubs have had points deductions and survived. He hired Bruce after learning from other mistakes, not his fault Bruce left. The mistakes of the 1st 3 years i think he has learnt from.

I accept ticket prices are too high, i accept that a director of football would help. Is everything that bad apart from a bad run of form over January?

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Is DC getting the flack because Monk is still new? Are the players getting away with it? I know results recently haven't been great but what has Chansiri done exactly that is terrible? If it's the finances then yes he took a gamble to try get promoted as other clubs have done, got close and failed, since then money spending has been sensible and we have a decent squad, after all we are still 11th. Yes if the points deduction happens would be a gigantic issue, but he did what Derby and others have done with the stadium sale. Hopefully we can come to some agreement with the EFL. I think Chansiri will no longer spend huge fees after all the issues with the EFL. Other clubs have had points deductions and survived. He hired Bruce after learning from other mistakes, not his fault Bruce left. The mistakes of the 1st 3 years i think he has learnt from.

I accept ticket prices are too high, i accept that a director of football would help. Is everything that bad apart from a bad run of form over January?

yes. 

• Haha 1