Chansiri out !

12 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. I can see it from both sides to be honest, if you buy a business you want to run it. With the CEO's given we've had a few in his time suggests to me we won't be bringing another one in anytime soon.

Disagree that he hasn't learnt anything in the last 5 years, he'll have learnt plenty. The summer will be telling I'm fairly certain of that.

What has he learnt? Saying ‘he'll have learnt plenty’ suggests that you're merely saying you'd expect someone to have learnt plenty in 5 years - but that's just an assumption you could make about anybody in any job if you're told they've been doing it for 5 years. But what has he obviously actually learnt? What are mistakes he initially made and hasn't made since? And I don't mean trivial things.

And the point about if you buy a business you want to run it - but he's seemingly been running it from pretty much the moment he bought it from Mandaric, despite him having stated that he didn't know much about football or the industry. Was it sensible of him to think that he could run the club just like that? At least learn the ropes and assume more power only as you get the hang of things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So what's the plan then? Who then pays the bills? If Chansiri goes then who replaces him?

Even if he did want to sell, there is hardly a cue of people outside Hillsborough waiting to buy the club are there? He'll want to at very least get the money back that he has already put into the club (which is to be respected regardless of what people seem to think.)

I get the frustrations I really do and I'm not saying everything is right within the club but what I do believe is that we have an owner who wants to spend the money. What he needs to do is employ someone in a director of football kind of role to make Monk's (and Chansiri's) job

Personally I think he's had enough time apart from his first honymood year its been a steady decline, most of these players have been brought in by his agents there lies the biggest problems.

We are now facing yet another embargo or points being docked.

His bad decisions totally outweigh his good ones and the book stops with him.

Just now, 0114 said:

What he really needs to do is take a step back. Hire a very experienced CEO, let that person know how much your willing to spend, what your aim is and let them run your football club top to bottom. Trust your staff. 

We've been saying that for 4 years. Don't hold your breath.

Guest Ferkorf
11 hours ago, Ecclesfieldz owl said:

Correct data!!! hate to say it be we are  years behind the blunts.... a couple of wins and people start knocking one out over the team.  
get rid of 75% of squad for me

SHIZZLE. 

Who gives a flying phook about the blunts and where they are or what they are doing.

Hate it when our so called fans obsess about them.

Go buy your self a red and white shirt, get your shoes off and get down bramall lane you piggy

10 hours ago, nilsson said:

5 defeats in 6 league games and it’s still a minimum of £33 to watch us play Millwall on Saturday.

The squad is stale. Most of them are either too old, injured or simply not good enough. Contracts just run down on players until they leave for nothing.

And then add to that the state of the finances, the FFP issues and the EFL misconduct charge.

Where will the club end up with Chansiri?

Agree with the points about the finances and EFL/FFP.

I wonder whether the chairman really has a voice in recruitment as exampled by him saying he bought Rhodes because the fans wanted him . Carlos used to say he had little involvement in who came and who went and there was the story of the agency which was working direct to the chairman on recruitment.. This is an issue which partly explains why the wrong players of the wrong age were sometimes acquired.

The midfield has needed attention since the play off final but it operates in much th same way with a slightly different set of players.

It also partly explains which manager will agree to come. 

the main fault with chansiri is his stubborn attitude , he needs to off load players at a loss ,something which he should have done with Rhodes in the summer , what clown told him to waste 17 million on whats costed inc wages at 40k a week. he will also want 150 million for club just purely because he paid x amount to buy us and the 20 million losses every season ,even though in reality the club is worth a lot less now that when he bought the club. he has spent 3-5 years already of future season tickets well a % of them and driven out just about every pay per game supporter away , we must have the smallest pay per game than any other club. 

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont disagree with the sentiment about 'Chansiri Out' but being realistic the chances of him finding a buyer are very slim.
Not sure of the way forward at all. Thought that female CEO from Charlton was a positive step forward but she left in slightly strange circumstances and has not been replaced.

and none of us have a clue why she left suddenly. 

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont disagree with the sentiment about 'Chansiri Out' but being realistic the chances of him finding a buyer are very slim.
Not sure of the way forward at all. Thought that female CEO from Charlton was a positive step forward but she left in slightly strange circumstances and has not been replaced.

Has anyone seen her since? 

Why? 

Typical of most football fans, people try to point the blame on one person - be it chansiri, monk, one of the players (winnall/rhodes/odubajo spring to mind). 

And yes, all have had their part to play with the underwhelming success in the last few seasons. However, ever since the threat of points deduction/transfer embargo has been on the horizon it has been evident the structure of the club has been in a mess for years, starting with the academy upwards. 

What will a new chairman bring? Money? It’s not like chansiri falls short in that department. How often do we see new owners come in trying to splash the cash and not much success, which, is clearly not a solution given the financial restrictions imposed by the EFL. 

If i was to start somewhere, a quick fix if you will, it would be appointing a team of experienced individuals that can advise the chairman on how to run a football club and not a business. 

Once this is in place then the bigger challenges can start to be addressed, Adjusting the culture and foundations of how the club is run. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Sure why not use your £100m that you have spare to buy him out?

This is the issue. Who’s going to buy a club with a misconduct charge looming that’s losing millions every year? We don’t even have many players that are saleable assets.

Add to that the issues we have with the ground, SAG and SYP that need sorting. 

And any potential buyer would need to do due diligence on the multi year season tickets, 10 year season tickets and club 1867 to see how much of our future income has already been spent.

We were quite an attractive proposition for a buyer under Milan. Could you say that now?

• Like 1