Chansiri out !

Its a strange one because there are alot of owners out there who run clubs as a business, and running a championship club as a business isn't always a good thing you need an owner whos willing to push finances to the max, make a loss year on year so in that regard be careful what you wish for, DC clearly has the money, how much money he has allocated to this project in his mind who knows but based on how hes ran us up till now ide bet its a s*it load, hes losing money hand over fist..he just needs to get some help 

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Has anyone got a phone number for an oil sheikh? Preferably one with about £300m spare and enjoys throwing his money away?

Or a someone with a bit of sense and perhaps a scouting system like Brentford? 

We are light years away from a lot of clubs and Chansiri talks about 15 yr tickets as if its this great new idea to somehow move the club forward.

That 10 - 15 yr st stunt is one last throw at the dice imo...this clubs future doesnt look good under Chansiri, ask the Forest fans under Fawaz a very similer comparison.

1 hour ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

The issue is, he has no backbone so isn't likely to kick Monk out any time soon, that's the immediate worry. 

You get rid of Monk and then what? You've still got the same set of players who have underperformed for a number of managers. At least give him a chance to bring new players in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

We are light years away from a lot of clubs and Chansiri talks about 15 yr tickets as if its this great new idea to somehow move the club forward.

That 10 - 15 yr st stunt is one last throw at the dice imo...this clubs future doesnt look good under Chansiri, ask the Forest fans under Fawaz a very similer comparison.

Ideally yes, we needed that four years ago however. 

Just now, 83owl said:

Ideally yes, we needed that four years ago however. 

However Chansiri has decided that he knows best so ...he's doing it his own way and look what mess we seem to be in.

The bloke isnt fit to run a football club, big questions have got to be asked just who does have a say in the club because I'm convinced there's other silent parties behind Chansiri that is making matters much worse.

11 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Brentford model wouldn’t work at Wednesday. The club demands success.

The knives are out on DC when we lose. He’s made mistakes but he’s not going to be able to fix that overnight. The fact is the playing squad isn’t good enough but we can’t just rip it up and sort it straight away. Bruce said this would take 3 or 4 transfer windows. That hasn’t changed. 

The next round of players who are out of contract is in the summer. That’s another step to undoing the mess we’ve got ourselves in. Will take time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The knives are out on DC when we lose. He’s made mistakes but he’s not going to be able to fix that overnight. The fact is the playing squad isn’t good enough but we can’t just rip it up and sort it straight away. Bruce said this would take 3 or 4 transfer windows. That hasn’t changed. 

The next round of players who are out of contract is in the summer. That’s another step to undoing the mess we’ve got ourselves in. Will take time. 

He's had four years and spent £200m. We're worse than we were under Stuart Gray.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do you trust whoever buys our players though given their track record? Do you trust DC? I dont.

How do we know we will get out of the EFL situation as well? 

He has been in charge of all of it and he comes out with the 10 yr season ticket scam to try and pump an injection of cash into the club.

He is taking us to the brink, as for Monk im not convinced with him, very negative and his substitutions are strange.

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah, he's definitely made mistakes alright - and so many of them repeatedly. He's been a disaster, and what on earth makes you think he's got any idea of how to fix things, when he doesn't even seem to show any understanding of half of the mistakes he's made in the first place?!

The Brentford model could work at any club in the Championship, including Wednesday. What they do isn't rocket science. In fact, a fair number of the players they've brought in from Leagues One and Two they had to pay a fair amount of money for, so it's not like they're buying rough diamonds that no-one buy them could see the potential in.

But DC is the reason we won't be following the model. Nothing to do with the club demanding success (and I'm not even sure what the hell that's meant to mean anyway since we've not been in the Prem for 20 years).

Edited by cowl
  • Like 1

So what's the plan then? Who then pays the bills? If Chansiri goes then who replaces him?

Even if he did want to sell, there is hardly a cue of people outside Hillsborough waiting to buy the club are there? He'll want to at very least get the money back that he has already put into the club (which is to be respected regardless of what people seem to think.)

I get the frustrations I really do and I'm not saying everything is right within the club but what I do believe is that we have an owner who wants to spend the money. What he needs to do is employ someone in a director of football kind of role to make Monk's (and Chansiri's) job easier.

All he had to do was keep Stuart Gray for a season and give him a bit of cash to prove himself. There was no need for a committee, no need for a left field continental manager. The pitch was the best and most necessary improvement he made yet everything else has been a combination of the bizarre and at times obscure..He’s a bit like that chav lottery winner who just spends and spirals our of control..I preferred the slow build boring days.

Old days have gone when we were the shareholders and we had a chance to change the chairman. We gave our shares for free to MM. DC owns absolutely everything, lock, stock and barrel. We are no more than paying customers like attending a show at the arena and have no say in it unless we can find £200m+ to buy it off him. 

29 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So what's the plan then? Who then pays the bills? If Chansiri goes then who replaces him?

Even if he did want to sell, there is hardly a cue of people outside Hillsborough waiting to buy the club are there? He'll want to at very least get the money back that he has already put into the club (which is to be respected regardless of what people seem to think.)

I get the frustrations I really do and I'm not saying everything is right within the club but what I do believe is that we have an owner who wants to spend the money. What he needs to do is employ someone in a director of football kind of role to make Monk's (and Chansiri's) job easier.

But this is one of my major frustrations with him as he's already said he doesn't want a DoF as he doesn't want to give one person that much power (I'm not even sure if he understands what the role is (or could be) in all honesty).

He's learnt nothing and he's been the owner for about 5 years now.

We don't even have a CEO anymore.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

But this is one of my major frustrations with him as he's already said he doesn't want a DoF as he doesn't want to give one person that much power (I'm not even sure if he understands what the role is (or could be) in all honesty).

He's learnt nothing and he's been the owner for about 5 years now.

We don't even have a CEO anymore.

Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. I can see it from both sides to be honest, if you buy a business you want to run it. With the CEO's given we've had a few in his time suggests to me we won't be bringing another one in anytime soon.

Disagree that he hasn't learnt anything in the last 5 years, he'll have learnt plenty. The summer will be telling I'm fairly certain of that.