Barnsley want Winnall.

53 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

For those 12 months we really did lose the plot in the transfer market.

That said Winall was a bargain, then we ruined him.

We didn't ruin him, he just was never good enough to play alongside and link up with Hooper & FF.

Went to Derby, did ok and then got a bad injury.

• Like 1

Surprised if Barnsley would afford his wage. Rumoured to be £18k, not big by Championship standards but above Barnsley's conservative wage structure. 

Surprised Rowett hasn't been shifting around for Millwall. 

I don't read too much into a loan, even though he's out of contract in the summer. We're well known for asking for loan fees, in this case a transfer fee in all but name but structured as a loan.

Edited by striker

his wages were trebled when he came here , as we are very short up front I cant see him going anywhere . if fletcher is out for a while we would need at least 2 new strikers and I cant see that happening as in this window everything costs double inc loan fees , Rhodes would have left too but who out there would pay 40k a week for him? no1. 

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

He’d get lynched by the six fingered masses after his exit from there. Happy to see him go back though. If we could get something for him then that would be a plus. Strange signing given the number of strikers we had at the time.

Father in law is a Barnsley fan, by fan I mean Home and away, flat cap wearing, whippet walking, dee dah calling, coal mining, labour voting, working mans club veteran that hates all things Sheffield.

Anyway he thinks Winnall is the devil and burns effigies of him still on a daily basis

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What a complete and utter **** up the signing of Rhodes and Winnall were. I said at the time, it would cost us big time, but it’s actually so much worse than even I imagined

I could understand the Winnall signing at the time to be fair. However, Rhodes just the culmination of our previous recruitment  strategy, based on sitting in a room with an old copy of FIFA12.

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Are you talking about Gboly Ariyibi?

The guy moved to Forest from Chesterfield and didn't play in over 2 years. He then went on loan to MK and a couple of clubs in Scotland.

Then again, he sounds like our type of singing judging by his history......

#WelcomeGboly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

He’d get lynched by the six fingered masses after his exit from there. Happy to see him go back though. If we could get something for him then that would be a plus. Strange signing given the number of strikers we had at the time.

I don't see it as a strange signing - he was scoring for fun and we got him a good price, plus we hadn't signed Rhodes at that point (I don't think).

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

He was a very saleable asset, with the potential for a decent profit when we signed him.

Why are we always the club that keeps them until they become worthless ?

You really can't blame the club for not selling Winnall, we shipped him out to Derby (who were going to exercise their clause to buy) before he buggered his knee and spent 15 months out of action. After that injury he hasn't regained any kind of form, so why would anyone offer to buy him, especially when he is potentially available on a free in 6 months?

Wasn’t the problem with his signing that we didn’t have any place to play him, then we signed Rhodes later in the same window, and had even less of a role for him? How was he ever going to add value without playing? He did well enough at Derby but then his injury pretty much sealed matters. 

Edited by Hamakua Pueo