Quite enjoyed that actually...

Sucker punch aside, I enjoyed watching that.

We were more aggressive, more positive and although we only mustered a couple of shots on target I though we looked quite dangerous at times.

I thought Monk dropped two balls by starting Palmer and Harris, neither had really justified their selection

I can understand when Monk didn’t make the final change 10-15 mins earlier. The game was so finely balanced that he needed to hold one back...still want to see FF starting though.

Referee let a bunch of stuff go which helped the game, but thought he was a little more in our favour than theirs. 

Still haven’t beaten a good side all season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We were more aggressive, more positive and although we only mustered a couple of shots on target I though we looked quite dangerous at times.

I thought Monk dropped two balls by starting Palmer and Harris, neither had really justified their selection

I can understand when Monk didn’t make the final change 10-15 mins earlier. The game was so finely balanced that he needed to hold one back...still want to see FF starting though.

Referee let a bunch of stuff go which helped the game, but thought he was a little more in our favour than theirs. 

You thought the ref favoured us , really  ? Blimey first half he was shocking imo 

• Thanks 1

It was a good game to watch 

we played well against a good team and 2 defensive errors cost us , the players gave 100% and some of the creativity was impressive, if we had been more clinical in front of goal we would have won 

at 1-1 the crowd was getting on the home teams back , that tells you something 

give Monk time he will do well if we don’t get punished too much if at all 

Late goals and individual errors are doing us at the moment.

Such fine margins are what stand between us and the top 6, dare I even say top 2.

We held our own against a team who will be there and there abouts and they certainly know they have had a game.

Things look good under Monk, just hope he gets the chance to build his team and clear off some of the dead wood which needs shifting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Late goals and individual errors are doing us at the moment.

Such fine margins are what stand between us and the top 6, dare I even say top 2.

We held our own against a team who will be there and there abouts and they certainly know they have had a game.

Things look good under Monk, just hope he gets the chance to build his team and clear off some of the dead wood which needs shifting.

Fine lines/margins of which we are always the wrong side of, when will it ever change. 

6 minutes ago, debram said:

Fine lines/margins of which we are always the wrong side of, when will it ever change. 

It changes when you bring in better players, sadly we have wazzed millions upon millions against the wall and not really improved the the team that much.

I feel we missed a glorious chance in Chansiri's first 2 season, didn't need huge amounts spending but just the right areas needed addressing and we didn't whilst spending in areas that didn't need and signing players that never played.

I think we need a complete overhaul from top to bottom and I would seriously hope that Chasiri has realised this isn't for him and sells on to someone who knows what they are doing.

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It changes when you bring in better players, sadly we have wazzed millions upon millions against the wall and not really improved the the team that much.

I feel we missed a glorious chance in Chansiri's first 2 season, didn't need huge amounts spending but just the right areas needed addressing and we didn't whilst spending in areas that didn't need and signing players that never played.

I think we need a complete overhaul from top to bottom and I would seriously hope that Chasiri has realised this isn't for him and sells on to someone who knows what they are doing.

Sadly agree, what a mess it's become, wish chansiri had been successful but can't see it happening for him. 

10 minutes ago, debram said:

Sadly agree, what a mess it's become, wish chansiri had been successful but can't see it happening for him. 

Utd were ina bigger mess than us and McCabe has been there a long time 

They got a good manager gave him some time and it changed .

I think we can do he same with Monk given time .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Utd were ina bigger mess than us and McCabe has been there a long time 

They got a good manager gave him some time and it changed .

I think we can do he same with Monk given time .

Monk is heavily inferior to Wilder I am afraid, would love to be made to eat my words but cant see it happening

1 minute ago, BullitsAA said:

Monk is heavily inferior to Wilder I am afraid, would love to be made to eat my words but cant see it happening

We missed a trick when Bruce left, makes you wonder how much he knew about the impending shitstorm that was heading our way and did it have any influence in him leaving.

I like Monk and think given time and backing he could be good for us, my only criticism of his appointment was the 6 weeks it took to appoint him, he was available all along and we fecked about.

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We missed a trick when Bruce left, makes you wonder how much he knew about the impending shitstorm that was heading our way and did it have any influence in him leaving.

I like Monk and think given time and backing he could be good for us, my only criticism of his appointment was the 6 weeks it took to appoint him, he was available all along and we fecked about.

Also make you wonder who knew what in footballing circles and did it have any bearing on Chris Hughton knocking us back.

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Nah... Bruce left because “ (sniff) Newcastle were the club me Daa took me to when I was a wee boy (sniff) an’ me Daa followed them when he was a wee boy (sniff) an’ I couldn’t turn down the offer ‘cos I wanted to make me Daa proud (sniff)”....simple as that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Although in those six games, Bullen had a much better win percentage than Monk. Maybe he could have influenced our summer dealings, but most of us were happy enough with those anyway. The only problem for me was, that we didn’t go through with our plans to bring in some young loanees from the top flight 

14 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Spot on. Bilic also saying we were there toughest apposition this season.

14 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Spot on. Bilic also saying we were there toughest apposition this season.

This is a huge point as for the best team in the league to say we were the best side they’ve faced means we aren’t too far off. 

Hopefully a positive performance and some luck on Wednesday will lift spirits again 

• Like 1