Quite enjoyed that actually...

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’ll just stop you there, as of now, Bullen’s 6 games produced a much better win percentage than Monk has so far Hopefully, the appointment of Monk WILL turn out to be a good appointment, but at the moment, he’s no better than what we had

I think saying he’s no better than what we had depends on Bullen being able to continue that form. I doubt he would have and his other stints back that up.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’ll just stop you there, as of now, Bullen’s 6 games produced a much better win percentage than Monk has so far Hopefully, the appointment of Monk WILL turn out to be a good appointment, but at the moment, he’s no better than what we had

I'll stop you there, the initial two performances were good maybe as a result of the Bruce team influence. After this the performances started to drop off as did the results. I saw little in terms of team selection, tactics or results that encouraged me to think he should be given the job on a permanent basis. Bullen ensured continuity, but TBH I prefer new blood, new ideas and a new coach.   Many players need moving on, I'm not sure Bullen would have been able to do this, but who knows? 

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

I think saying he’s no better than what we had depends on Bullen being able to continue that form. I doubt he would have and his other stints back that up.

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I'll stop you there, the initial two performances were good maybe as a result of the Bruce team influence. After this the performances started to drop off as did the results. I saw little in terms of team selection, tactics or results that encouraged me to think he should be given the job on a permanent basis. Bullen ensured continuity, but TBH I prefer new blood, new ideas and a new coach.   Many players need moving on, I'm not sure Bullen would have been able to do this, but who knows? 

I’m not really trying to make the case for Bullen, that ship has sailed. Personally, I was happy enough for us to appoint Monk, but cautioned there might not be much of an upturn, in the short term at least. Monk will need time to get his ideas across, and may need to adopt a more attacking policy It has to be a long term thing though, Bullen’s performances did fall away, as did Bruce’s, and now Monk’s, which is why any manager has to be given time. That means us supporters having more realistic expectations, something that at last seems to be happening

Edited by gurujuan

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not really trying to make the case for Bullen, that ship has sailed. Personally, I was happy enough for us to appoint Monk, but cautioned there might not be much of an upturn, in the short term at least. Monk will need time to get his ideas across, and may need to adopt a more attacking policy It has to be a long term thing though, Bullen’s performances did fall away, as did Bruce’s, and now Monk’s, which is why any manager has to be given time. That means us supporters having more realistic expectations, something that at last seems to be happening

Yeah I totally appreciate what you’re saying. Just meant you can’t extrapolate Bullen’s record. Monk may well be doing better than Bullen would do. I think he is.

Basically, I agree with you.