EFL Statement

Drag it out to such an extent that the threat of any subsequent appeal jeopardizes next seasons fixtures ... it’s what QPR did 

However the EFL are wary of this and have thus acted swiftly on the misconduct charge (IIRC Gibson asked them to look into the ground sale in September) 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

24 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

we could get

between a 9-21 points decuted

fined £5 million pounds

9 home games played behind closed doors

and a ban of 9 transfer windows 

I'd take the 5 million, its the only thing we don't have to take away......

24 minutes ago, darra said:

You'd like to think that the clubs lawyers would have looked at everything closely before signing it all off. Can't see anything happening quickly. Took them a year to sort out Forestieri then no doubt we'll appeal. Took year's for them to sort out QPR and they ended up paying a fraction of the fine.

And equally the EFL barristers will have looked at it and decided they have a case to pursue.

Unless it's all part of a wider smokescreen

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So are you saying that you think most of the posters on here aren’t Wednesday fans?

Obviously everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but that seems like a bit of an extreme reaction just because you disagree with some people.

Show this site to supporters of other clubs ( I have) then gauge their reactions. That may just answer your question!

37 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Mate it’s why this site is now held in such utter contempt by people who actually support the club.

Utterly ridiculous to still be under the guise as a Wednesday fans forum!

We don’t even know of the punishment, but lives are seemingly about to end on here lol 

DC should absolutely throw everything at it in Jan, buy Bale or something ridiculous. Get promoted and stick 2 fingers up at the EFL as we go. What else has he got to lose now.

In the meantime find every possible way to push the decision until after start of next season. As soon as the new PL seasons kicks off, if we are there then there is nothing they can do

Wolves did it...

If we look at Birmingham as a good example the got docked 9 points for financial irregularities, then another 3 points for trying to sign a player when in a transfer embargo a player that the EFL subsequently allowed to complete his transfer.

We are getting done for financial irregularities if the sale of the ground is not allowed, then we will also get done for the dodgy dealing of selling the ground to a company that did not exist at the time of the supposed sale. 

Best case scenario as the EFL have apparently signed off all of our accounts and only when Heir Gibson moaned, have they looked into our club dealing we could be looking at a 6-12 point deduction ala Birmingham. But I also think there will be a fine, but for me this should be not paid for by Sheffield Wednesday but DC, as why should the fans and the club pay yet again for DC and his advisor not having a clue what they are doing.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Or you could just answer the question that I asked you...

Ok then ........ the vast majority of people to whom I speak both at home and most definitely away absolutely think this site has been allowed to turn into an agenda driven parody of itself and in no way reflects their thoughts or ideas of what it is to be a Wednesdayite .... ok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

DC should absolutely throw everything at it in Jan, buy Bale or something ridiculous. Get promoted and stick 2 fingers up at the EFL as we go. What else has he got to lose now.

In the meantime find every possible way to push the decision until after start of next season. As soon as the new PL seasons kicks off, if we are there then there is nothing they can do

Wolves did it...

Dont disagree with this in principle. We've tried to comply with the rules,  do what the EFL asked and we've been prevented from competing through embargoes for almost 2 seasons. 

I'd argue that we've already been punished, but if additional punishment is coming  time to tell the EFL to go fizz themselves and let it play out in the courts. 

Someone needs to stand up to the EFL.

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Ok then ........ the vast majority of people to whom I speak both at home and most definitely away absolutely think this site has been allowed to turn into an agenda driven parody of itself and in no way reflects their thoughts or ideas of what it is to be a Wednesdayite .... ok?

I appreciate my post count...but who on here engages in chats with random ers about OT?

• Haha 2