Aftermath of two depressing Saturdays

I know Wednesday fans will understand me when I say 20 years out of the Premier League these last two week-ends have been depressingly familiar! We know that in the context of the 21st century Wednesday are in a better place than usual but if we'd taken four points(or even six) from the last two matches we'd be either fourth or second. And then there's Vardy's exploits at Leicester managed by Nigel Worthington's nephew(I believe) who though allegedly a Wednesday fan will never take over the rains at Hillsborough. On top of that who can deny that Wilder is doing a fantastic job in S2 - no away defeat since January for goodness sake! 

After 60 years plus of supporting the Owls will this torment ever end?

• Thanks 1

I didn't leave yesterday's game feeling depressed

I enjoyed the game, I thought for large parts of it, we were the better side

I know Monk has had little time

He is having to make do with players he inherited

I saw enough yesterday to give me the hope that once Monk has had a couple of transfer windows, we will be a far better side

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

39 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

It feels as if the club is in free fall,

the players appear to lack any passion for the club and ticket prices are keeping 1000s away..

Times are hard and friends are few.

No it's not in fúcking free fall...and the missing thousands are only in your warped imagination. Times are good and friends are precious. Take your negativity and shove it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

The fact the scrubbers have a team built for far less money, that seems to scrap and bite for every inch, rubs further salt into the wounds.

They will always be inbred classless scrubbers though.

Our time will come.

Bloke at work is renewing his passport, he's convinced they'll be in Europe next season. 

Insufferable atm. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I didn't leave yesterday's game feeling depressed

I enjoyed the game, I thought for large parts of it, we were the better side

I know Monk has had little time

He is having to make do with players he inherited

I saw enough yesterday to give me the hope that once Monk has had a couple of transfer windows, we will be a far better side

Absolutely.,... don't forget we were also missing a number of key players

2/3 quality signings in January could take us up a level or two,it's all to play for

2 hours ago, Colin Dobson said:

I know Wednesday fans will understand me when I say 20 years out of the Premier League these last two week-ends have been depressingly familiar! We know that in the context of the 21st century Wednesday are in a better place than usual but if we'd taken four points(or even six) from the last two matches we'd be either fourth or second. And then there's Vardy's exploits at Leicester managed by Nigel Worthington's nephew(I believe) who though allegedly a Wednesday fan will never take over the rains at Hillsborough. On top of that who can deny that Wilder is doing a fantastic job in S2 - no away defeat since January for goodness sake! 

After 60 years plus of supporting the Owls will this torment ever end?

Not with this mob!

2 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

It feels as if the club is in free fall,

the players appear to lack any passion for the club and ticket prices are keeping 1000s away..

Times are hard and friends are few.

714e6e1cee1de5499486ed9c9520d94e.jpg.6b95bc021e871d4d5028cdaccb1acd6f.jpg

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

No it's not in fúcking free fall...and the missing thousands are only in your warped imagination. Times are good and friends are precious. Take your negativity and shove it.

16,000 empty seats at Hillsbrough yesterday and we have gone down hill since playing Hull at Wembley..

• Haha 2

Of which only about 8000 of the 16000 could have been legitimately filled by home fans.

I do think the ticket pricing strategy has been wrong saying that 

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

I do often wonder how people cope with misfortune in their actual lives when they seem to get so upset about a midseason league match going wrong

Did it even go wrong?

Terrific match and nearly clawed back against the top side who hadn’t lost away this season.

Hull, Blackburn, Millwall and QPR...now that’s another matter.

I might be wrong, but not as depressed as I should be reading some posts on here.

Results not what i hoped for,  particularly the last two, but we're developing more of a threat going forward, creating chances and still within striking distance of the top 6 with another international break for Monk to work on the training ground and the January transfer window coming up.