Peninstone road

Ive just got home . I decided to park right down Claywheels lane , past the Jubilee sports ground today . Quick get away by turning up back lane at end of Claywheels and coming out half way up Foxhill Rd , then straight through Greno woods and back to Deepcar. Was home 20 mins after leaving ground. 

59 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Ive just got home . I decided to park right down Claywheels lane , past the Jubilee sports ground today . Quick get away by turning up back lane at end of Claywheels and coming out half way up Foxhill Rd , then straight through Greno woods and back to Deepcar. Was home 20 mins after leaving ground. 

Shush FFS

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

right we'll ALL see you there next time, IF YOU can get one.

• Haha 1

Didn't see any trouble either before or afterwards, although that may have been different if we'd won. I walked through the park before the match and crossed Parkside Road and thought it was odd considering they'd told Leeds fans to go that way that there were no police to be seen on there other than one horse right at the bottom. That said, that was about 10 minutes before KO and when I got in the away end was pretty full so they may have been on there earlier. 

5 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Has anyone realised a fact which is blindingly obvious to me, but obviously not to  SYP and SAS.

The 'trouble-spot' was the exit from the ground at Leppings lane, which was relatively simple to barrier off. All this new 'plan' does is to create TWO trouble spots.- the exit over the bridge at the Main entrance, annd the much larger area down Parkside Road and onto its junction with Penistone Road Seems to me something drawn up by a consortium of EU Leaders, UK Politicians, Boris Johnsonn and Donald Trump, none of whom, though elected to represent the people, seem to believe that the pub;ic can either like what they want or lump it

It's the same old story - the tail wagging the dog. We have Scottish, Welsh and Irish Parliaments, but we Brits have to put up with them interfering in OUR affairs.

20k+ Wednesdayites have to give way for a maximum of 4.5K Leeds supporters  Maybe its time Weednesdayites had some say in their own affairs.

the scottish, irish (I assume we mean northern) and welsh ARE BRITISH. 

how do you spell xenophobia?

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I find that highly dubious. 

We all know theres no way you'd pass Greno Woods, without stopping off for a spot of dogging. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

the scottish, irish (I assume we mean northern) and welsh ARE BRITISH. 

how do you spell xenophobia?

Not arguing about them being British (yes, I was referring to Northern  Ireland). I'm pointing out that THEY have a share in what we do, but we re not allowed to interfer in their affairs. As for my nationality, despite what the rulers say, I'm ENGLISH, not British I'm also as xenophobic as the Welsh, Irish and Scottish.

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Lucky you, those of us that parked in the jubilee weren't allowed to turn right leaving the carpark, meaning all the usual traffic going that way was sent towards the Sainsbury's. Took a fackin age to get home. Absolute pointless road closure. I've no idea what it was supposed to achieve.

20 hours ago, Jonboy27 said:

Mate. I asked a copper this on my way out the south stand about 6 weeks ago, and he said nobody can be held back because it’s against their human rights. I poo you not that was his response. When I pointed out I had been held back at numerous grounds he just shrugged and said it can’t be done.  Bulllshit.

I've been held back at grounds all over the country and at some (Stoke for instance) locked in and filmed through the bars!  If this is against my human rights I'm due an enormous sum in compensation. 

5 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Lucky you, those of us that parked in the jubilee weren't allowed to turn right leaving the carpark, meaning all the usual traffic going that way was sent towards the Sainsbury's. Took a fackin age to get home. Absolute pointless road closure. I've no idea what it was supposed to achieve.

I parked further on by the bottom of the lane that runs up to Midhirst road.

13 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

I ask a steward exactly the same question while dodging coins with our young'un outside the north stand after the pigs game last season. His answer was we can ask them to stay in the ground but can't make them....never heard owt like it mesen. I've been kept in grounds all over the country and I can't remember ever been asked. 

Why should someone tell you what to do?  If you have not broken the law then you are free to go about your business as you see fit, no man should have another man ordering him what to do.

You was born free

Live free

Die free

15 hours ago, Nut said:

I doubt many Leeds fans will be coming from town by bus before the match. If they're coming by train they'll get off in Chapeltown then get taxis in once they've caused havoc there. It's what they do after the match thats the problem as there'll be no taxis back to Chap due to the road closures so they'll either get the bus to town or be hanging around in Hillsborough. What could possibly go wrong?

Not sure if police are still doing this but a couple of years ago they weren't letting leeds fans off at chapeltown. 

13 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Why should someone tell you what to do?  If you have not broken the law then you are free to go about your business as you see fit, no man should have another man ordering him what to do.

You was born free

Live free

Die free

There telling me I can't exit via leppings lane? So why can't they tell fans they'll be kept in ten minutes. Have it printed on the tickets and tell them beforehand. If they don't like it don't come. Simple. 

11 hours ago, Brommers said:

Not sure if police are still doing this but a couple of years ago they weren't letting leeds fans off at chapeltown. 

I phoned the Wetherspoons in Chap on Friday to see if they were showing the rugby. I was told that they were but it would be full of Leeds fans as the police were encouraging them to go to Ecclesfield and Chapeltown. No idea how many did turn up though.

On 26/10/2019 at 10:45, Buxtongent said:

Has anyone realised a fact which is blindingly obvious to me, but obviously not to  SYP and SAS.

The 'trouble-spot' was the exit from the ground at Leppings lane, which was relatively simple to barrier off. All this new 'plan' does is to create TWO trouble spots.- the exit over the bridge at the Main entrance, annd the much larger area down Parkside Road and onto its junction with Penistone Road Seems to me something drawn up by a consortium of EU Leaders, UK Politicians, Boris Johnsonn and Donald Trump, none of whom, though elected to represent the people, seem to believe that the pub;ic can either like what they want or lump it

It's the same old story - the tail wagging the dog. We have Scottish, Welsh and Irish Parliaments, but we Brits have to put up with them interfering in OUR affairs.

20k+ Wednesdayites have to give way for a maximum of 4.5K Leeds supporters  Maybe its time Weednesdayites had some say in their own affairs.

18 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Not arguing about them being British (yes, I was referring to Northern  Ireland). I'm pointing out that THEY have a share in what we do, but we re not allowed to interfer in their affairs. As for my nationality, despite what the rulers say, I'm ENGLISH, not British I'm also as xenophobic as the Welsh, Irish and Scottish.

firstly let me ASSURE YOU that the english have interfered in welsh, scottish, and IRISH affairs vastly more than vice versa is true.

also you ARE english, british, and european through your birth right, and has nothing to do with what you've read in the daily wail, or excess who are out to control minds, and are doing so rather well in some cases.

just to highlight something you'll struggle to read in the 'wail and excess' are that the highest scoring fighter ace in the battle of britain was a czech sergeant in a polish squadron.

also that it was an allied army (of the 7th' coalition) that won at waterloo, as the 'british' didn't field anywhere near half enough men to face the french during 'our great victory.