Peninstone road

Asked this in another thread but the supertram people said they'd cancelled trams because of safety and blamed swfc for not reducing Leeds allocation. What reduction would have seen them put trams on? How many away fans can they cope with? 

I honestly think there is an agenda to hurt our club now. This is an accident waiting to happen and the police are funneling people towards it. I am disgusted at the local media for their silence and inability to find out what is going on. The sag people need looking at first, is it true one of their members is on uniteds board? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jonboy27 said:

Mate. I asked a copper this on my way out the south stand about 6 weeks ago, and he said nobody can be held back because it’s against their human rights. I poo you not that was his response. When I pointed out I had been held back at numerous grounds he just shrugged and said it can’t be done.  Bulllshit.

I ask a steward exactly the same question while dodging coins with our young'un outside the north stand after the pigs game last season. His answer was we can ask them to stay in the ground but can't make them....never heard owt like it mesen. I've been kept in grounds all over the country and I can't remember ever been asked. 

Seems to me like Stagecoach setting themselves up for problems if anything happens on the buses.  Stopped the trams to protect their staff, okay we know what happened last year.  If they allow them on the buses, however, does this mean they care less about the bus drivers.  If a bus driver gets in trouble with the away fans, surely they can point at Stagecoach and say - "you knew there could be trouble, stopping the trams proves this, so why was I put in danger".

Edited by Himble

How can he be allowed for fans to mingle on penistone rd/Parkside rd ect but can't possibly be anywhere near each other on leppings lane? Why are journalists not seeing what any experienced football fan in the country could see? SYP/SAG are fűčkîng idiots

22 minutes ago, Himble said:

Seems to me like Stagecoach setting themselves up for problems if anything happens on the buses.  Stopped the trams to protect their staff, okay we know what happened last year.  If they allow them on the buses, however, does this mean they care less about the bus drivers.  If a bus driver gets in trouble with the away fans, surely they can point at Stagecoach and say - "you knew there could be trouble, stopping the trams proves this, so why was I put in danger".

Was just about to post the same. If they're going to misbehave on a tram, surely they'll misbehave on a bus?

14 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

How can he be allowed for fans to mingle on penistone rd/Parkside rd ect but can't possibly be anywhere near each other on leppings lane? Why are journalists not seeing what any experienced football fan in the country could see? SYP/SAG are fűčkîng idiots

you just don't get it this is all deliberate that's what they want as much trouble as possible ,so they can throw the book at us even though all these restrictions are due to them idiots. what should have happened is 8 cops per tram . thing is leeds can do what they want and have no penalties , while us they have an agenda . 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

All 4,500 Leeds won't be heading towards town, a large number will be travelling by coach and there own cars. 

A large number will have traveled by coach and car last season but that didn't stop the idiots that came on the train smashing up trams which is why there are no trams.

Now these same idiots are being advised to get buses that travel along Penistone Road and get off at the stop before these buses reach the ground. What are the chances that many of their fans will stay on these buses until they reach the ground and then get off bang outside the Kop?

I doubt many Leeds fans will be coming from town by bus before the match. If they're coming by train they'll get off in Chapeltown then get taxis in once they've caused havoc there. It's what they do after the match thats the problem as there'll be no taxis back to Chap due to the road closures so they'll either get the bus to town or be hanging around in Hillsborough. What could possibly go wrong?

Looking at this, I would expect, as an ex Manager, an instant 'Walk-out' of Stagecoach Bus drivers! 

I certainly would not go to work , and drive a bus, in these conditions. At least the tram Drivers were in separate compartments and offered some protection. This is not the case of Bus Drivers.

Come on , Stagecoach workers , and stop all the traffic to and from Hillsborough.

This would certainly bring this situation into the public forum, and prove the inadequacies of the SYP & SAG, and lend case that SWFC are  being pin pointed for trouble..

22 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Apparently Leeds station is closed today for renovation so not sure if replacement busses will be bringing them into town

Probably putting replacement buses on to take them to Wakefield , then the train down here. 

Has anyone realised a fact which is blindingly obvious to me, but obviously not to  SYP and SAS.

The 'trouble-spot' was the exit from the ground at Leppings lane, which was relatively simple to barrier off. All this new 'plan' does is to create TWO trouble spots.- the exit over the bridge at the Main entrance, annd the much larger area down Parkside Road and onto its junction with Penistone Road Seems to me something drawn up by a consortium of EU Leaders, UK Politicians, Boris Johnsonn and Donald Trump, none of whom, though elected to represent the people, seem to believe that the pub;ic can either like what they want or lump it

It's the same old story - the tail wagging the dog. We have Scottish, Welsh and Irish Parliaments, but we Brits have to put up with them interfering in OUR affairs.

20k+ Wednesdayites have to give way for a maximum of 4.5K Leeds supporters  Maybe its time Weednesdayites had some say in their own affairs.