Take stock after 11 games

Perspective needed after last night.

Lets take stock after Wigan. 1/4 of the season in.

If we win...

P11. W6. D1. L4. Pts19 equates to 76 pts with two games left at end of season

If we draw...

P11. W5. D2. L4. Pts17 equates to 71 pts with 2 to play

If we lose (God forbid)...

P11. W5. D1. L5. Pts16 equates to 64 pts with 2 to play

And, Bear in mind, after Wigan we will have played 5 homes and 6 aways.

So after 11 games our position can range from just outside the play-offs to the cusp of an auto-spot. 

Thought I would post this today and relook at it on Saturday evening. Although I’m trying to follow Sober October so I may keep a low profile on OT on Saturday night, win lose or draw. Not sure my resistance will cope with an hour on here.

• Like 1

It was this time last year that I tried to measure the difficulty of starts for all teams in the championship after 12 games. 

I made it at that stage that based on results so far we'd had the 6th easiest start and we all remember what happened post international break then having been in playoffs at the international break!

Happy to have another stab at it if there's the appetite for it. Will include current league table on the post this time as well so people can potentially use it to gauge who to have a punt on or indeed write off! 

57 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No amount of stat shufflin' is going to get this group into the top 6 I'm afraid.

Two decent strikers would,by the time we get them in come january,wel be too far behind the rest

Edited by legendaryswan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Given the opponents we've so far had I pitch us performing as slightly under expectations. 

Not bad, but hard to say good. 

Lets ta see what Monk can do over the next few months.

If you compare our away form with the last four seasons, it’s excellent.

When did we ever get 9 points from 6 aways? 

Hillsborough has been a fortress, apart from that abomination of a day against QPR.

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If we win on Saturday, 19 points from 11 games isn't bad. Could it have been more? Maybe. I still think some people underestimate the league in general and in particular the start we had. The likes of Millwall and Preston away weren't easy games.

“19 points from 11 games isn’t bad”.

Thats like saying a romantic evening with Jodie Comer “isn’t bad”.

That said, we haven’t won on Saturday yet. 

That said, Jodie hasn’t accepted any of my invitations yet, despite the fact that I have been stood in her garden.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If we win on Saturday, 19 points from 11 games isn't bad. Could it have been more? Maybe. I still think some people underestimate the league in general and in particular the start we had. The likes of Millwall and Preston away weren't easy games.

Preston yes, but Millwall have won 1 of their other 9 games. Hardly the invincibles. Hull and QPR were awful performances.

It always makes me smile when people (not you) say ‘the table doesn’t lie’ and then in the very next sentence say that we haven’t had an easy start

Edited by McRightSide

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

“19 points from 11 games isn’t bad”.

Thats like saying a romantic evening with Jodie Comer “isn’t bad”.

That said, we haven’t won on Saturday yet. 

That said, Jodie hasn’t accepted any of my invitations yet, despite the fact that I have been stood in her garden.

Jodie Cormer? I see you are easily pleased on and off the football pitch. :tongue:

• Haha 3

Guest Ferkorf

18 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

It was this time last year that I tried to measure the difficulty of starts for all teams in the championship after 12 games. 

I have been outspoken on the start of our season being the easiest in years especially the first 6 games. Be interesting to see if it was

Cardiff lost 10 times when they got promoted and the pigs lost 9 times, so losing the 4 games we have isn’t the end of the world by any means.  

However we have to somehow find the finishing of the Boro game in every match, with our inconsistent bunch that’s easy said than done