Take stock after 11 games

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If you compare our away form with the last four seasons, it’s excellent.

When did we ever get 9 points from 6 aways? 

Hillsborough has been a fortress, apart from that abomination of a day against QPR.

Not really a fortress in terms of performance level and results wise its only 7 from 12 points 

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Cardiff lost 10 times when they got promoted and the pigs lost 9 times, so losing the 4 games we have isn’t the end of the world by any means.  

However we have to somehow find the finishing of the Boro game in every match, with our inconsistent bunch that’s easy said than done 

If we keep losing 4 out of 10 it is...

Especially when our wins have come against:

17th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Perspective needed after last night.

Lets take stock after Wigan. 1/4 of the season in.

If we win...

P11. W6. D1. L4. Pts19 equates to 76 pts with two games left at end of season

If we draw...

P11. W5. D2. L4. Pts17 equates to 71 pts with 2 to play

If we lose (God forbid)...

P11. W5. D1. L5. Pts16 equates to 64 pts with 2 to play

And, Bear in mind, after Wigan we will have played 5 homes and 6 aways.

So after 11 games our position can range from just outside the play-offs to the cusp of an auto-spot. 

Thought I would post this today and relook at it on Saturday evening. Although I’m trying to follow Sober October so I may keep a low profile on OT on Saturday night, win lose or draw. Not sure my resistance will cope with an hour on here.

When you consider the easy start we have been given, we have lost too many games.

Monk knows the current set isn't good enough 

Will Chansiri let him strengthen in Jan? They've probably had discussions already - all he needs to do is keep us in that top 10. We're nowhere near contenders for the top 2 - so that needs to get out of anyone's head. If we can stay within 3/4 points of the top 6 come January, we'll have done very well and a loan striker + new CM could be the signings to push us into the top 6. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Tuesday was proof enough for me that this group haven’t got what it takes to win promotion this season 

Too many just don’t have it mentally

In what way do you think they are mentally deficient?....

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, mkowl said:

People bemoan our strike force, but its the midfield where the weakness is 

If only that was the case, we are weak in both areas. Apart from Fletcher our strikers are much of a muchness; we need some fresh blood up front with a bit of pace.

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

If only that was the case, we are weak in both areas. Apart from Fletcher our strikers are much of a muchness; we need some fresh blood up front with a bit of pace.

Only 4 teams have scored more goals and only 4 have conceded less.....so dont think we are that weak

Guest LittleG
55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Only 4 teams have scored more goals and only 4 have conceded less.....so dont think we are that weak

So you don't think we need some pace next to Fletcher? My opinion is that we do.

We are a top half team with a shot of sneaking into the top 6. 

Our strongest first XI is pretty decent and could give anyone a game, but conversely they are more than capable of losing to anyone at this level too. 

There is an opportunity there this season, but I have my doubts as to whether we are capable (physically and mentally) of dealing with a quick turnaround of fixtures. 

Everytime we've played anyone half decent we've lost - except for Fulham - where we were lucky not to lose and drew.

Our wins have been against Barnsley, Huddersfield, Boro, Reading and Luton.

Bar a miracle from Monk we will be bang average mid-table.

4 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Cardiff lost 10 times when they got promoted and the pigs lost 9 times, so losing the 4 games we have isn’t the end of the world by any means.  

However we have to somehow find the finishing of the Boro game in every match, with our inconsistent bunch that’s easy said than done 

But wouldn't that equate to us losing 12-13 games this season - how many did 6th place lose?

16 minutes ago, Spookone said:

But wouldn't that equate to us losing 12-13 games this season - how many did 6th place lose?

I mean it’s still possible for us to get promoted despite losing 4 games. Last season we only lost 3 games between February and May. So if we do the same this season and only lose 3 games between Oct and Jan then there’s no reason why we can’t be in the top 6. People are acting like losing 4 games means we can’t get enough points to go up, but we’re only 4 off the top which isn’t too far away 

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

So you don't think we need some pace next to Fletcher? My opinion is that we do.

You always want better but looking at goals for and against to say we are weak in midfield and attack is clearly wrong .

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

Everytime we've played anyone half decent we've lost - except for Fulham - where we were lucky not to lose and drew.

Our wins have been against Barnsley, Huddersfield, Boro, Reading and Luton.

Bar a miracle from Monk we will be bang average mid-table.

We wernt  lucky to draw against Fulham,it was well deserved and would have been a travesty if we had lost .