Fletcher - Winnall partnership

I am surprised that this hasn‘t been mentioned already but this partnership could be a key asset going forward. It is easy to say that given the goals on Sunday but these too linked up when they were on the pitch together and Fletcher seemed made up for Winnall. A massive asset if we have found an attacking partnership that works.

Fingers crossed. UTO.

Too soon to say.

I don’t think we will be shifting from 433/451 anytime soon. Certainly not against Fulham and Boro.

But it would be great if Winnall & Fletcher works well when Monk needs to change things round mid-game.

Im not convinced at all by Winnall, but he did brilliantly when he came on. 

Think fletcher is more effective with a partner they get to reap the rewards of his hard work 

I don’t mind playing 4-4-2 too, I think we have better shape 

my concern is and it’s the same whatever formation we play when we are not creating or finding a way through we seem static. We need to be better and finding away through and testing keepers more it’s like we never have a plan B 

against huddersfield whilst we didn’t have a huge amount of a chances we seemed to have created enough chances from different ways which was much better 

It shows signs of a promising partnership and they both looked to enjoy it.

I think we can only really go 442 when Lee is at full fitness. He does the work of 2 players in there and joins up as well as helping a Hutch/Luongo option. As much as I like bannan I think he needs to be in a 3.

Would need reach on the wing too, he can tuck in to help out really well

442 away from home where we're going to be using the counter attack. Just like we did on Sunday. Similar to in the first CC year. Fletcher and Winnal or FF play up top for me in this formation.

CC in the second year kept the 442 but tried to play with more possession. This just lead to us being over run in the middle.

The 433 at home gives the extra man in the middle where we're going to have more possession and will need to break teams down. Fletcher, Harris and one of Reach, Murphy or FF for this formation up top please 

12 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Winnall has now moved ahead of Jordan Rhodes in the pecking order.

He can now justify his position in the bench and if he continues to perform like he did when brought on at Huddersfield he will get his chance in the starting line up.

Whats the saying " One swallow doesn't make a summer "

I thought the saying is,"One swallow doesn't mean it was accidental", FFS :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I am surprised that this hasn‘t been mentioned already but this partnership could be a key asset going forward. It is easy to say that given the goals on Sunday but these too linked up when they were on the pitch together and Fletcher seemed made up for Winnall. A massive asset if we have found an attacking partnership that works.

Fingers crossed. UTO.

I'd argue Winnall looked better alongside Nuhiu

I loved having a partner up front in my playing days especially if you are on the same wavelength ,and it gave the CB'S the run around as they didn't know who to mark properly  I always feel that two up front complement each other  rather than it be a problem , truth is our lot playing 1 up front hardly back the striker up , ,Monk may alter this but it needs doing sharpish , that said Fletch needs a foil to get the best out of him and weather it be Winnall or Rhodes up there it makes it a tad easier for both as cb's  can be dragged all over the place if played right leaving the extra striker more of a chance to score , hate this 1 up front, if the others do not back him up where does he go when the ball is won if no one gives him an option , and how many times does the ball not stick up there and come straight back at us 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

4-4-2 doesn’t work in modern football. 3 in midfield to give Bannan the space to do what he does best. It was 4-5-1 on Saturday with Reach pushing to support Fletcher. I liked it but would prefer Reach our wide.

On Sat I'd be tempted to start with Nuhiu, just plonk him midway in their half and let him cause mayhem. If he attracts 2 defenders to deal with him at goal kicks then this creates space for Bannan to pick up second balls and do damage and also draws defenders away from Harris to get 1 v 1 with fullback. 

Only challenge is then centre mid. 

Westwood

<   Iorfa            Borner >

^                            ^                          ^

Odjob                 Hutch                Palmer

v                    Bannan                     v

<  Reach >                  Harris >

Nuhiu       v

< Fletch

Would require a fluid system of Reach to go narrow at times to add extra body at RCM and Fletch to occupy more of right channel but Reach has the legs to cover the ground, Iorfa and Borner seem comfortable at covering LB and RB spot with Hutch dropping into CB when needed. 

It's a fluid 3 5 2 but allows us to do 4 1 3 2 if need be depending on circumstances. 

Could be a wildcard... other than that same formation as Sat but with Reach for Murphy and Luongo making 3rd midfielder. Can't help but think tho that Nuhiu physicality would cause carnage alongside Fletcher, Reach, Bannan and Harris - at least in theory we'd have more players in box for crosses which we've been lacking at times. 

Plus are those Prem fairies ready for the Kosovan / Scottish double thruster? 

• Like 1