Garry Monk OMDT

Good Luck Gary Monk

I've long concluded that some of our players aren't the brightest tools in the Championship Tool Box. The QPR game was another exhibition of this.

It looks like The Monk will be onto them, sharpish with comments like these...

:Chansiri:

You're doing a passing and movement drill, a shooting drill, or whatever, and you see the ones that get it straight away; bang, and they're into it.

They're the thinkers. I need more of them."

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

It looks like The Monk will be onto them, sharpish with comments like these...

You're doing a passing and movement drill, a shooting drill, or whatever, and you see the ones that get it straight away; bang, and they're into it.

They're the thinkers. I need more of them."

Indeed it does. 

These comments too suggest that he's not someone who's going to put up with people who don't do what he wants them to do...

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Monk said  he would be "relentless" in raising the mentality throughout the club, and "whoever is not on board with that won't be here."

He excluded several players, including both senior goalkeepers, from consideration for the 2018–19 first team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Without doubt the best write up on our new man at the helm. Well done m'lud, well done. 

I'm liking the cut of his jib, I'd kind of forgotten about the fact I secretly admired his work at l**ds, and now he's here and I have thoroughly washed the turncoat from my system I'm optimistic about our future under him. 

God I'm even boring myself.

I'm happy.

Good.

That's that then

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

I'd kind of forgotten about the fact I secretly admired his work at l**ds, and now he's here and I have thoroughly washed the turncoat from my system I'm optimistic about our future under him. 

Exactly! Anything positive about L**ds gets (rightly) expunged from the Wednesday mans mind!

But he's here now so we can see the positives!

I'm behind him 100% and itching to see what he can do.

Mind, it must admit if he'd done to me what he did to Wagner on the touchline that time he'd have still been looking for his railings!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

If Monk is like he says - players will be put in order, this could get quite interesting. He has some months to assess the squad before the next transfer window. Maybe we'll see less players drifting in the wrong places like it seemed to happen with Bullen at times. Our central midfield is one particularly interesting area.

Oh, and when are we going to start calling him Gary Monk?

Spell his name right for heavens sake. Some folks on here are really touchy about spelling names right. It's Garry Munk. Got that?lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm more upset about the fleece/shirt and tie combo.

But willing to overlook it if we make the play-offs.

Its quite popular in the construction trade for management when a jacket just wont keep you toasty enough.

I'm not saying it should be replicated elsewhere mind.

• Like 1