Garry Monk OMDT

On 12/09/2019 at 18:13, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Donny gets a bad rep but I don't know why, the town centre is a shiit hole, but so is Sheffield

The area we live is rather nice, and it's surrounded by other nice villages

And we have an airport, they've even put Sheffield's name on it so I don't feel home sick

Agree. Frenchgate is okay but rest of town centre is indeed a shiithole. Try to avoid it at all costs. Used to live in Barnby Dun but now live in Tickhill and that's lovely. Nearer to motorway for going to Hillsborough as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prowl said:

What is the point of supporting one of the top clubs that win everything all the time. Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. They win things on such a regular basis you get sick of cheering, There's not much to moan about when you are top by 10 points with 3 to play, obviously you will find something  but the rest of football just thinks you are a burk. Think off the expense of jetting round Europe every other week, season after season as your team of super stars wins one European trophy after another, you would be skint and never see the wife and kids or the mother in law.  It would be so boring.

Much better to support a team that's a bit cr4p, yes they will upset you, wind you up and drive you mad but you can have a right good moan to your mates. Cheap to go to Barnsly and the mini pigs and the like. Every time there is a down moment where we play rubbish just makes the few times we play like heros just that little bit sweeter. A little bit of success can go a long way when you are desperate. There can be as much joy in avoiding the drop as in failing in the play offs.

Chin up.lol

Cheers mate, you're right and a couple of wins and i'll be buzzing again.  We are fickle aren't we!!!

• Like 2

GM was my choice when nobody even mentioned him 

If he can't get success with us then we are lost cause. 

He's inherited a bad team of overpaid players who won't pull their weight 

The midfield of Bannan, Hutchinson and Lee have failed year after year. Lee is worth another chance but dump the other two ASAP. We can't go up with players like them 

We have fletcher, Rhodes, etc all in their last year here. Don't renew any of the contracts of these players. We need fresh young talent. We need to stop paying insane wages for second rate players. 

This season I can't see us doing anything with the squad we have. Only chance is to hang around the perifery of the top six until the transfer window opens and then bring some decent players in 

The championship is even lower quality this year so we don't have to be that good. But the players we have just aren't good enough. 

I'm hoping the GM has the courage to stop playing wasters like Bannen. He wanders around in an absolute daydream and every 10 games or so he tries. Dump him 

We have players who only play when their contracts are up and or when there's nothing to play for in dead end of season matches. 

GM has a massive job. If he can't do it then no one can. 

The Wednesday player mafia is going to be hard to break. History has shown time after time that players can bring down managers and when they take then out of their comfort zone (taking the easy monry) they usually get that manager sacked. 

It's going to be interesting. 

4 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

The midfield of Bannan, Hutchinson and Lee have failed year after year. Lee is worth another chance but dump the other two ASAP. We can't go up with players like them 

We have fletcher, Rhodes, etc all in their last year here. Don't renew any of the contracts of these players. We need fresh young talent. We need to stop paying insane wages for second rate players. 

This season I can't see us doing anything with the squad we have. Only chance is to hang around the perifery of the top six until the transfer window opens and then bring some decent players in 

The championship is even lower quality this year so we don't have to be that good. But the players we have just aren't good enough. 

I'm hoping the GM has the courage to stop playing wasters like Bannen. He wanders around in an absolute daydream and every 10 games or so he tries. Dump him 

We have players who only play when their contracts are up and or when there's nothing to play for in dead end of season matches. 

The Wednesday player mafia is going to be hard to break. History has shown time after time that players can bring down managers and when they take then out of their comfort zone (taking the easy monry) they usually get that manager sacked. 

Release Fletcher? He's been one of our best players this year.If not our best player. 

Bannan a waster? 

Aye, all right. 

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

On 12/09/2019 at 13:17, stevie snerklebox said:

As I've already stated, I really hope that I'm wrong and that the optimists on here are correct. But I'm 52 years old, a bitter and twisted middle aged (some would even say old!) man. Been going to Hillsborough for 45 years and I've maybe seen 7-8 good seasons.

It's the hope and expectation that kills you.

On 12/09/2019 at 13:47, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm 61 in a few months, been going since the sixties

My record isn't much better

Perhaps when we've gone they'll pick up

Great start for Monk today.

He'll be keen to keep that up. 

To that end you are both banned from the Fulham game!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Great start for Monk today.

He'll be keen to keep that up. 

To that end you are both banned from the Fulham game!

We fly to Spain on Tuesday and will miss Fulham

Back the following Tuesday afternoon, just in time to take my seat against Everton

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

48 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

FFS, I like a good cup run!

Don't want to upset you but I've not got a good record watching us against Everton in the cup

I was at the semi we lost at Villa Park

I was at the one we lost 5-0 at Hillsborough after two or three replays

And I was also at the one we lost 3-0 at Hillsborough about 15 years ago

Looking on the bright side

I'm due to see us beat them

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Don't want to upset you but I've not got a good record watching us against Everton in the cup

I was at the semi we lost at Villa Park

I was at the one we lost 5-0 at Hillsborough after two or three replays

And I was also at the one we lost 3-0 at Hillsborough about 15 years ago

Looking on the bright side

I'm due to see us beat them

Was at Hillsborough in early 93 when we spanked 'em 5-2. Cottee scored a reyt goal tho to be fair.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 10:26, Mrmason69 said:

What a load of absolute tat!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

We cannot cling to the hope your curse is passed based on one result 26 years ago!

image.png.e07f1d4f89c0e47f93ba8755290391c2.png

I was merely responding to Hootie's rather depressing post regarding the several "dickings" that we received at the hands of the Toffees in the 80's....

By the way I'd welcome being barred by any pub that sells John Smiths Smooth mi lord. It's rat wee wee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I was merely responding to Hootie's rather depressing post regarding the several "dickings" that we received at the hands of the Toffees in the 80's....

By the way I'd welcome being barred by any pub that sells John Smiths Smooth mi lord. It's rat wee wee.

True. Even worse on those electric kegs too.

Mind, at least it's the rift colour unlike some of the trendy homebrew served up by many pubs these days. 

Most of these modern brewers have never seen a Malf shovel!!

Mind,  none of this should distract from the curse of Snerkers & Hoots!

He’s made a very good start so far but it’s early days. I’m fully expecting Fulham to trounce us 0-3 or 1-4 on Saturday as their £40m forward line will be too much for our defence, however we need to think long term and trust Monk will be the man to improve us over the next 18 months.

There’ll be bumps along the way but as Southie said, Dyche led Burnley to 11th in his first season so sometimes you have to put faith that you have the right man in charge 

• Haha 1