Wednesday - V - QPR (OMDT)

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We were doing ok in the first half, I liked the look of the starting line up. How did it go so wrong in the 2nd half?

What on earth did Bullen say to them? Try and hang on for a 1-0?

This is the problem when someone lacks experience, not just in football but in any field.

It's the ability to react to problems, changes made by opponents, or to be able to halt a run of defeats, for example.

Bullen has no experience to draw on, simply because he hasn't served his apprenticeship.

It's when the wheels come of the wagon that Bully will be found out.

We have had such a gentle start to the season and the performance levels have been so poor. Happy to get 9 points out of 18 given how crap we’ve been but im not deluded enough to know there will be a huge slide unless we bring in a quality new manager.  I like Lee Bullen and he’s a great bloke but he is not a manager. 

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We were doing ok in the first half, I liked the look of the starting line up. How did it go so wrong in the 2nd half?

What on earth did Bullen say to them? Try and hang on for a 1-0?

It's truly baffling, get in a good position and come out uninterested in the 2nd half. We should be raring to go, high press, force them into a mistake etc. But no we sit on it basically asking QPR to equalise

Edited by jerseyowl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Realistically before the game how many players from the QPR line up would you swap for ours? Maybe Hugil? Imo the rest of our team has so much more quality but yet again they don’t look bothered. So flippingannoying. 

Probably going through the motions in training thinking the new manager should arrive soon, but then getting more perplexed like us when it doesn’t happen.

6 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Poor performances always catch up with you in results. 

Only the opening day you’d put down as a good performance. 

I think the Barnsley performance was good but yes since then it’s 5 mediocre/poor performances in a row now, despite playing average opposition and having a full squad to pick from 

Not ideal to lose Lees before half time. The First half was decent but after half time we went to pieces. Just lost all cohesion and when they took the lead they did a number on us. Time wasting, drawing fouls constantly niggling and we didn't have a credible solution.

I've never been a supporter of Bullen for manager and I've seen nothing today to suggest different.

1 minute ago, jerseyowl said:

Just what is our style? It's different every game, no wonder no confidence can be built. Some long term thinking is needed, get an up and coming manager like Cowley

Nobody knows pal ... Least of all Bullen!

He's worth keeping at the club tho in case any new players need to rent an apartment!

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

FFS DC! Act like a professional chairman of a top football club and appoint an experienced and successful football manager. Your reactive nature is costing us big time!

This.  He is so frustrating.

How he thought Bully would be ok is bizarre.

His Manager choices have been pants.