Fickle Fans

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

He just didn’t fit right for Wednesday.. maybe he can do a job in Germany but was miles out of his depth over here. Seemed to have no idea who any of the players were, and basically binned off any player who could be regarded as a leader in the dressing room. Would imagine that’s because the senior players thought he was a clueless idiot and he didn’t like it 

I’m not convinced by Bullen as manager either it’s just that he’s tenfold better than Jos when it comes to the championship or Sheffield Wednesday 

The championship is the toughest league in the world to get out of and adapt to

Jos won't be the first and last to fail miserably in this league but to say bullen is a better manager than jos is a silly  statement .

I've never wanted bullen ,he begged DC to get someone in after the Burton battering. I don't want a quitter as manager when going gets tough,I want a manager whose gonna dig in 

21 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Anyone who says bullen is a better manager than jos can't be taken seriously

Completely agree. That also applies to anyone who says he isn't a better manager than Jos as well though.

We just don't know yet, and anyone claiming otherwise shouldn't be taken seriously either.

Problem is that too many get over hyped with very little reason. A season long lone, a Scottish Centre back and a midfielder from QPR and suddenly we are promotion certs!!

Always said that we won’t promoted until we have a 20 a season goal scorer and a solid centre back pairing (and we still don’t). Someone that would have got us a goal today to nick a point. All that possession and no real chance on goal. Someone that can create a chance for himself.

Lower your expectations and you won’t need to vent your anger and over react when we have more ‘todays’ because that are guaranteed.

HMS PTL still in port!

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Problem is that too many get over hyped with very little reason. A season long lone, a Scottish Centre back and a midfielder from QPR and suddenly we are promotion certs!!

Always said that we won’t promoted until we have a 20 a season goal scorer and a solid centre back pairing (and we still don’t). Someone that would have got us a goal today to nick a point. All that possession and no real chance on goal. Someone that can create a chance for himself.

Lower your expectations and you won’t need to vent your anger and over react when we have more ‘todays’ because that are guaranteed.

HMS PTL still in port!

20 years outside the Premier League & you’re asking us to “lower our expectations”!

Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Bullen did nowt wrong today (Although I would have gone with Odubajo and not Iorfa).

Bad finishing and Millwall parking the bus  are the reasons we lost today, 5h1t happens, we move on.

Goal keeper error ??? We deserved a point at least. Apart from the goal did KW make a save from any shot on target. Millwall was gifted a goal. We cant afford to give any more precious points away so cheaply. Hopefully that will  be the only one

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Im confused. 

What by?

It's silly for anyone to claim Bullen is a good manager at this point in time, but it's equally silly to suggest he isn't a good manager - if not more so.

I'm certainly leaning more to the good manager side right now, but not far enough over to want to appoint him permanenly. We've had a pretty good start to the season with three good performances though, so there's certainly no need to rush into an appointment right now. Sit back and relax, see what happens over the next 6-8 weeks.

1 hour ago, GMOwl72 said:

Fair enough but at the same time don’t kid yourself we are something we ain’t.

I don't think anyone is kidding themselves, we are just desperate for some success.

Is Bullen the worst bloke we've ever had managing the team?

Don't think so.

Unproven but the football I'm watching is better than quite a bit I've seen over recent past.

Inconsistent yes, the worst no.

Is Jos the worst bloke we've ever had managing the team?

Without a shadow of doubt.

54 minutes ago, 33 said:

Don't think so.

Unproven but the football I'm watching is better than quite a bit I've seen over recent past.

Absolute rubbish dont people remember eustace, yorath, shreeves, irvine and turner all them were far worst

15 hours ago, Sykes said:

Reading through these threads and comments I am in despair with the level of stupidity and infantile knee-jerk reaction of our fans. 

A big margin of you backed Jos even after his nonsensical freezing out of senior players, playing inexperienced youth who were not of championship standard and dire football which was leading us to relegation. He's the worst manager to ever set foot at Hillsborough in my lifetime but was given a chance by a lot of our fan base, yet Bullen is not fit to be a manger?

Bullen is a much better manager than Jos will ever be, yet he doesn't even get a chance because we lost 1 - 0 to the bus that Millwall parked today? It happens, that's football.

Bruce was the best thing sliced bread, yet Newcastle are battered by newly promoted Norwich.

All out of work managers are deadwood and has-beens, now the season has started no one will be leaving their club if we approach them, so let's get behind Bully ffs, it's early days. UTO

You're OP title says it all, so why surprised at a few reactions, this is Owlstalk.

On another day with better finishing or a bit of luck, the score would have been in our favour and everything stays rosey.

One thing I do know is, we're playing better football and creating chances, more so than under Jos.

If LB stays in charge, then the next 4 to 6 weeks will be a telling time for him and us I guess.

It's just too early to make a call either way and until that time, IF it comes, I'm fully behind Lee and the the best squad we've had for a few years.

UTO

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Promotions to the German top league must be a walk in park then if jos has done it that much and that rubbish 

Nice you've been sucked in by bullens love for the club and one of us bull$hit.

He was horrenduous for us though and left us in a dire situation.

On 18/08/2019 at 11:53, bubbleowl said:

Absolute rubbish dont people remember eustace, yorath, shreeves, irvine and turner all them were far worst

Sorry but however poo they were none of them deliberately left their best players out of the side for a season.

On 17/08/2019 at 22:03, LondonOwl313 said:

That was when we were deep into the 10 game winless streak near the end. Go back to summer 2018 or August/Sept 2018 and you’ll see what he’s talking about. Plenty were saying it’s refreshing he’s leaving out senior players, playing youngsters etc.. changing it tactically. All the signs were there that it wouldn’t work long term but because we scraped a few results the fickle folk were right behind him

Are fickle fans just fickle cause they have a different view from you?

• Like 1

On 18/08/2019 at 10:56, 33 said:

Don't think so.

With out a shadow of doubt he isn't......