Fickle Fans

Reading through these threads and comments I am in despair with the level of stupidity and infantile knee-jerk reaction of our fans. 

A big margin of you backed Jos even after his nonsensical freezing out of senior players, playing inexperienced youth who were not of championship standard and dire football which was leading us to relegation. He's the worst manager to ever set foot at Hillsborough in my lifetime but was given a chance by a lot of our fan base, yet Bullen is not fit to be a manger?

Bullen is a much better manager than Jos will ever be, yet he doesn't even get a chance because we lost 1 - 0 to the bus that Millwall parked today? It happens, that's football.

Bruce was the best thing sliced bread, yet Newcastle are battered by newly promoted Norwich.

All out of work managers are deadwood and has-beens, now the season has started no one will be leaving their club if we approach them, so let's get behind Bully ffs, it's early days. UTO

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Reading through these threads and comments I am in despair with the level of stupidity and infantile knee-jerk reaction of our fans. 

A big margin of you backed Jos even after his nonsensical freezing out of senior players, playing inexperienced youth who were not of championship standard and dire football which was leading us to relegation. He's the worst manager to ever set foot at Hillsborough in my lifetime but was given a chance by a lot of our fan base, yet Bullen is not fit to be a manger?

Bullen is a much better manager than Jos will ever be, yet he doesn't even get a chance because we lost 1 - 0 to the bus that Millwall parked today? It happens, that's football.

Bruce was the best thing sliced bread, yet Newcastle are battered by newly promoted Norwich.

All out of work managers are deadwood and has-beens, now the season has started no one will be leaving their club if we approach them, so let's get behind Bully ffs, it's early days. UTO

What is this "big margin" who backed Jos that you speak of? Every Jos in/out poll on here last season was heavily in favour of getting rid, well before Chansiri eventually twigged why we were doing badly and finally acted.

To be fair, it was also quite knee-jerk of some to want Bullen as permanent manager because we won our opening two matches.

No manager should be judged on so little evidence, which is probably why we could do with someone a little bit more experienced at the helm, in my opinion.

Either way, whether it's to be Bullen or somebody else, we need to make a decision sharpish and equip them with a proper coaching team which will allow us to compete on an even footing with the other likely promotion contenders.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alanharper said:

What is this "big margin" who backed Jos that you speak of? Every Jos in/out poll on here last season was heavily in favour of getting rid, well before Chansiri eventually twigged why we were doing badly and finally acted.

Thought their was no fan pressure? Make your mind up.

41 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Expect mediocrity, get mediocrity..... time to aim higher, make a solid appointment and build on the 6 points already in the bag!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Bullen did nowt wrong today (Although I would have gone with Odubajo and not Iorfa).

Bad finishing and Millwall parking the bus  are the reasons we lost today, 5h1t happens, we move on.

We played 52 minutes against 10 men ....... LB got it wrong today, 21 shots, 9 on target & their keeper never troubled ...... just accepting “poo happens” will keep us out of the top division another 20 years!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Bullen is a much better manager than Jos will ever be

Luhukay has managed over 400 matches and has twice won promotion to the Bundesliga, where he's managed over 100 games.

Things quickly turned sour for him here after a promising start, but to say that Bullen is a much better manager than him is a bit of a stretch until we have a bit more evidence to compare.

• Thanks 1

The only 'mistake' Bullen made today was dropping Dawson and Iorfa a few days after saying in a press conference that he's a big believer in keeping a winning team.

A decision that pretty much all Owlstalkers would have made too I expect. Our tactics were also pretty effectve at breaking them down, we just kept failing with the final pass/shot which isn't something the manager can do much about.

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

That was when we were deep into the 10 game winless streak near the end. Go back to summer 2018 or August/Sept 2018 and you’ll see what he’s talking about. Plenty were saying it’s refreshing he’s leaving out senior players, playing youngsters etc.. changing it tactically. All the signs were there that it wouldn’t work long term but because we scraped a few results the fickle folk were right behind him

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Anyone who says bullen is a better manager than jos can't be taken seriously 

What's bullen done ?

Beat reading and Barnsley ,pep must be pooing himself 

I’m a better manager than Jos and I’ve never been involved in football at any level.. he was that bad. As a basic you pick your best team and he couldn’t even manage that 

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

The only 'mistake' Bullen made today was dropping Dawson and Iorfa a few days after saying in a press conference that he's a big believer in keeping a winning team.

A decision that pretty much all Owlstalkers would have made too I expect. Our tactics were also pretty effectve at breaking them down, we just kept failing with the final pass/shot which isn't something the manager can do much about.

Don’t think either of those selection choices is a mistake tbh.. the Iorfa one was probably to help match them up for height. The Westwood one is more because he’s the best keeper in the league so should always play when fit.. although he’s played two games so far this season and made two big mistakes.. carry on like that and Dawson would rightly get his chance

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

Defo knee jerk, but very disappointing result should have put them away. So understand a small amount of frustration and promotion is gained by putting such games away. But f*** it we go forward. 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m a better manager than Jos and I’ve never been involved in football at any level.. he was that bad. As a basic you pick your best team and he couldn’t even manage that 

Promotions to the German top league must be a walk in park then if jos has done it that much and that rubbish 

Nice you've been sucked in by bullens love for the club and one of us bull$hit.

Guest Theboylangers

I wasn't fickle when it came to Jos. 

I realised he was useless almost straightaway. And got negged to high heaven for it. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Promotions to the German top league must be a walk in park then if jos has done it that much and that rubbish 

Nice you've been sucked in by bullens love for the club and one of us bull$hit.

He just didn’t fit right for Wednesday.. maybe he can do a job in Germany but was miles out of his depth over here. Seemed to have no idea who any of the players were, and basically binned off any player who could be regarded as a leader in the dressing room. Would imagine that’s because the senior players thought he was a clueless idiot and he didn’t like it 

I’m not convinced by Bullen as manager either it’s just that he’s tenfold better than Jos when it comes to the championship or Sheffield Wednesday