Danny Cowley

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

The Shed wasn't actually there when I was at Uni. Built a few years after I left.

I was also at BGC, rather than Lincoln Uni. So I missed out in both respects.

Whilst I was at Uni there it changed from the shed to the Swan, never felt quite right. 

I was there rather recently and been able to see Lincoln’s rise and always keep an eye on them. I think the Cowley brothers will go on to big things in the game and would be more than happy to see them do it with us. 

• Like 2

He turned West Brom down and never seemed interested in us either so it seems he's happy where he is, I don't get the sense he's in a rush to jump ship.

If he could get Lincoln into the Championship that would be the biggest story of all and he'd have PL teams queueing out the door for him. If they stabilise in that league he'll still get plenty of Championship interest.

6 hours ago, seven_hills_owl said:

Does anyone know if we have been linked with him? Looks a really good hungry young manager. He's already won promotion 5 times in a very short managerial career.

Could be just what we need

So let me get this right.

We don't want Bullen because he is untried as a manger, but we want a Non-league manager because he has had a couple of good seasons with a lower league club?.

Bonkers.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Who's to say Bullen wouldn't have had the same though?

Wasn't overly keen on bullen to start with, much prefer a Rowett etc, but he's winning me over 

Cowley has managed +200 games, won five promotions, won the EFL cup and taken Lincoln to the FA Cup quarter final. It’s impossible to say that Bullen wouldn’t have achieved the same as Cowley, but he definitely hasn’t and he hasn’t really tried to either as I’m positive he could have had the same opportunities if he’d wanted them. Experience and achievements aren't the be all and end all but that kind of evidence helps to de-risk an appointment if you know they clearly are capable as opposed to just hoping someone else is capable.