Danny Cowley

If it's true about his playing style it has to be a no (no idea if it is, never seen one of his sides play)

We really can't afford to be ripping things up and starting again and throwing away the momentum gained this year

Also, this '5 promotions' is a bit tenuous, we are including promotions from the Essex Senior football league and the Isthmian league as reasons to appoint a manager?

5 minutes ago, dobbo said:

Also, this '5 promotions' is a bit tenuous, we are including promotions from the Essex Senior football league and the Isthmian league as reasons to appoint a manager?

It’s just referencing his achievements in a context of continual achievement. I assume his players were of the same standard as those leagues too. Either way, you can just ignore those promotions and focus on the league / cup successes instead. It’s obviously those ones that would be the reasons to appoint him. 

8 hours ago, standerino said:

Because, as much as we all keep saying ‘let’s give Bullen time’, I think we are kidding ourselves.

What I mean by that is if Millwall turn us over 3-0 on Saturday, the ‘patience with Bully mantra’ is going to go straight out of the window and this forum will be filled with people saying he was never the long term solution.

as well as we have started, I don’t feel this game-to-game mindset is viable over the course of a whole season... And as much as I want Bullen to succeed, I just know what is going to happen (amongst our fans) when our winning form slows down...

We will lose games, Bullen has conceded that we will. This side is a decent side, but it’s not a side that will be expected to run away with the league, no matter who’s managing

We have got a decent side and made a decent start but I don't see us as a shoe in for a promotion spot or even a playoff spot at the moment 

as I have said before I don't see Bully as the answer  the  players brought in by the club were from a list that had been formulated from Bruce's time , Bully has conceded that 

I would love to see the Cowleys here but it would probably be next season when they really put their Stamp on whether they w ere given that time who knows

To give us a good crack at it this season we need a manager in the Bruce mould and soon so he can prepare for the next window finances allowing 

I have huge respect for Bully but the crowd will turn very quickly on him after a couple of bad results,, he will not be afforded the same luxury a new manager would enjoy .

Lincoln City[edit]

After just one season in charge of Braintree Town, Cowley moved on again, this time to Lincoln City on 13 May 2016.[12]

During Cowley's first season in charge of Lincoln, he oversaw the club's promotion back to the Football League - doing so by winning the National League title with two games to spare.[13] This, after a six-year absence since relegation in 2011.

In the same season Lincoln became the first non-league club to reach the quarter-final of the FA Cup in over a century, knocking out Championship sides Ipswich Town and Brighton & Hove Albion, followed by Premier League side Burnley, in the process.[14] Lincoln eventually lost 5–0 to Arsenal in the quarter-finals.[15] In April 2018, with their contracts due to end in 2021, Cowley and his brother signed contract extensions lasting until 2022.[16]

On 8 April 2018, he led his team to the EFL Trophy final against Shrewsbury Town at Wembley Stadium which they won 1-0 owing to a goal by Elliott Whitehouse. It was Lincoln's first ever game at Wembley.[17]

In Lincoln's first season back in the league (2017–18) they finished the season seventh in League Two.[18] The following season, Cowley guided Lincoln to promotion to League One, returning to the third tier of English football for the first time since 1999.[19] On 22 April 2019, Cowley led Lincoln as champions to League One after a 0-0 home draw to Tranmere Rovers.[20]

Impressive record.  Young, hungry English Manager.  Take a punt DC. 

11 hours ago, standerino said:

Because, as much as we all keep saying ‘let’s give Bullen time’, I think we are kidding ourselves.

What I mean by that is if Millwall turn us over 3-0 on Saturday, the ‘patience with Bully mantra’ is going to go straight out of the window and this forum will be filled with people saying he was never the long term solution.

as well as we have started, I don’t feel this game-to-game mindset is viable over the course of a whole season... And as much as I want Bullen to succeed, I just know what is going to happen (amongst our fans) when our winning form slows down...

So you keep posting what if scenario's just to keep it forefront in fans minds about him failing...FUD not very transparent is it lol

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

It’s just referencing his achievements in a context of continual achievement. I assume his players were of the same standard as those leagues too. Either way, you can just ignore those promotions and focus on the league / cup successes instead. It’s obviously those ones that would be the reasons to appoint him. 

That's fair enough and I can't disagree he does have an impressive record overall.

40 minutes ago, dobbo said:

That's fair enough and I can't disagree he does have an impressive record overall.

I do know what you mean. Listing those promotions like he’s got five instead of the two football league ones gives a bit of a false impression. Like it’s cobbling together a great record. I just cite them as they show improvement and adaptability to leagues above.

Success is success at the end of the day in football, even if it’s playing a direct style. We’re worried about Pulis joining because of his recent failures, but give us the Pulis of 5 seasons ago and we would have jumped at the chance despite his direct and dinosaur style. 

I can’t see another manager being able to have the same success at Lincoln as Cowley has done, with a different style.

Howe played more attractive football at Bournemouth but they were bank rolled by a Russian to help them sign players? 

Anyway, one thing in football is usually when someone is on the up they continue to do that when moving clubs, so I would be in favour of giving the Cowley’s a job at S6 

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Success is success at the end of the day in football, even if it’s playing a direct style. We’re worried about Pulis joining because of his recent failures, but give us the Pulis of 5 seasons ago and we would have jumped at the chance despite his direct and dinosaur style. 

I can’t see another manager being able to have the same success at Lincoln as Cowley has done, with a different style.

Howe played more attractive football at Bournemouth but they were bank rolled by a Russian to help them sign players? 

Anyway, one thing in football is usually when someone is on the up they continue to do that when moving clubs, so I would be in favour of giving the Cowley’s a job at S6 

Well said, I very much doubt we are trying to get a manager from another club, but if we were I would be happy with Cowley. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, standerino said:

But most managers interviewed, when asked about their game plan say I'm only concentrating on the next game, one game at a time.

7 hours ago, dobbo said:

If it's true about his playing style it has to be a no (no idea if it is, never seen one of his sides play)

We really can't afford to be ripping things up and starting again and throwing away the momentum gained this year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/danny-cowley-lincoln-city-tactical-analysis-analysis-statistics/amp

Doesn't really have a 'style' as such. Adjusts tactics depending on the opposition.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, standerino said:

No chance of that, I've got us in super 6 to win 2 - 0. :image:

Didn’t Nathan Jones get back-to-back promotions with Luton and was on course for a third before leaving for Stoke last season?

He’s struggled at Stoke so far. Obviously not indicator that Cowley won’t do well, but sometimes it’s right club at the right time. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Didn’t Nathan Jones get back-to-back promotions with Luton and was on course for a third before leaving for Stoke last season?

He’s struggled at Stoke so far. Obviously not indicator that Cowley won’t do well, but sometimes it’s right club at the right time. 

Indeed, there’s no way of telling how well a manager will do at a club.  Howe “failed” at Burnley and then went back to make Bournemouth good. 

Dyche was rejected at Watford, then made Burnley good.

Ranieri never won a league title, then won the league at Leicester. 

You just have to follow a gut feeling when it comes to choosing managers and hope for the best. 

My gut is telling me we’re leaving Bullen in charge until it does wrong. Which is a bit short sighted, either confirm him or confirm someone else