Danny Cowley

I'd be delighted if Chansiri is at least giving consideration to Cowley.

When you're looking about at managerial talent, his CV is very impressive, and there aren't any better than his in League One and below.

Should results begin to go against Bullen, I really hope DC gives Lincoln a call.

7 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Still a Hungry-manager today and would love to manage a bigger club other than Gillingham

But at the moment they do a nice steak and kidney pie and banana and custard we will have to wait:duntmatter:

Think I prefer my steak and kidney pie with gravy if I'm honest!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Owlsend said:

Still a Hungry-manager today and would love to manage a bigger club other than Gillingham

But at the moment they do a nice steak and kidney pie and banana and custard we will have to wait:duntmatter:

One day he’ll manage the pigs. He was destined to. 

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

You no likey Cowley?

Think you've got me wrong mate , I dont want/ not want Cowley , his record is great 

The point I picked you up on was he wouldn't leave Lincoln ,like  Bruce  did Wednesday 

Hes no need to walk out ,he could chat with his chairman and do it the right way  as have hundreds before him 

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

Think you've got me wrong mate , I dont want/ not want Cowley , his record is great 

The point I picked you up on was he wouldn't leave Lincoln ,like  Bruce  did Wednesday 

Hes no need to walk out ,he could chat with his chairman and do it the right way  as have hundreds before him 

That's true.

If he is going to walk, I hope it's this way.

I suppose my point was I don't think he would do a Bruce, He'd do it in the right way. Mr Chairman, I'm off :biggrin:

Wouldn't they come as a pair..?? 

More chance of Rotherham wanting them..... 

They miss the chuckle brothers lol

In all seriousness though, they've never managed at this level. 

Yes they've had lots of success at little clubs and in the lower league. 

The job here may just be a bit too soon. 

This place (no pun intended) is massive compared to what they're used to and has overawed players and managers not just from lower league, but bigger names too. 

If you look back at our history (without wishing to sound boastful). 

This is a big club with a big stadium and our most successful managers have been big characters with plenty of experience, think of big Jack, big Ron, Howard etc.. 

Asi said I don't want to take anything away from their achievements, but this is a much higher level and a much bigger animal, which needs a bigger name. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

This place (no pun intended) is massive compared to what they're used to and has overawed players and managers not just from lower league, but bigger names too. 

This is a big club with a big stadium and our most successful managers have been big characters with plenty of experience, think of big Jack, big Ron, Howard etc.. 

Asi said I don't want to take anything away from their achievements, but this is a much higher level and a much bigger animal, which needs a bigger name. 

I respect your viewpoint, but at the same time, strongly disagree.

Not only have Lincoln had two promotions in the last 3 seasons, but they are tipped to challenge for the League One playoffs this season (and have made a good start).

I think the narrative of discrediting managers who do well in the lower leagues at smaller clubs is a lazy one (although admittedly we all do it at times). 

Chris Wilder is a great comparison to Danny Cowley...

Wilder was very successful in the lower leagues, constantly bringing success. When Big Sam left Palace he recommended Wilder to the chairman to replace him, but  (probably for the same reasons you mention above) it doesn’t appear he was seriously considered. Now his stock couldn’t be much higher...

Danny Cowley is a gem in plain sight that we should be going all out for before someone else does.

I love Bullen but I’d take Cowley over him any day...

Edited by standerino

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

It's one league higher.

We spent enough time in L1.

A bigger name, Ramsbottom or something?

They will be managing in he Championship within 2 years, either with Lincoln or they will have moved up. 

Their stock is rising, we will, as usual miss the boat fannying about trying to get a big name like Hughton. 

Interesting that two weeks ago some were clamouring for Stendel. Not looking such a great shout at the moment. Paul Hurst did well at Shrewsbury but flopped at Ipswich. It's all well and good looking at successful managers at smaller clubs but can they cut it at Championship level? Maybe yes, maybe no but why not give the guy whose doing really, really well more time? 

If Mr Chansiri were to appoint Cowley and he failed then this forum would absolutely slaughter him, almost as much as if he didn’t appoint Cowley and Lee Bullen failed. I think it’s important that whoever manages our team he doesn’t fail. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Interesting that two weeks ago some were clamouring for Stendel. Not looking such a great shout at the moment. Paul Hurst did well at Shrewsbury but flopped at Ipswich. It's all well and good looking at successful managers at smaller clubs but can they cut it at Championship level? Maybe yes, maybe no but why not give the guy whose doing really, really well more time? 

Because, as much as we all keep saying ‘let’s give Bullen time’, I think we are kidding ourselves.

What I mean by that is if Millwall turn us over 3-0 on Saturday, the ‘patience with Bully mantra’ is going to go straight out of the window and this forum will be filled with people saying he was never the long term solution.

as well as we have started, I don’t feel this game-to-game mindset is viable over the course of a whole season... And as much as I want Bullen to succeed, I just know what is going to happen (amongst our fans) when our winning form slows down...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Cowley has managed +200 games, won five promotions, won the EFL cup and taken Lincoln to the FA Cup quarter final. It’s impossible to say that Bullen wouldn’t have achieved the same as Cowley, but he definitely hasn’t and he hasn’t really tried to either as I’m positive he could have had the same opportunities if he’d wanted them. Experience and achievements aren't the be all and end all but that kind of evidence helps to de-risk an appointment if you know they clearly are capable as opposed to just hoping someone else is capable.

It's a fantastic record isn't it. Achieved more than maybe 90% of the managers across all domestic leagues. We'd be lucky to have him and I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise. As it stands, rightly or wrongly we seem to be edging towards Bullen or maybe we're going to attempt going the full season with no official manager and coaching team because if it's ain't broke don't fix it....... lol 

8 hours ago, standerino said:

Because, as much as we all keep saying ‘let’s give Bullen time’, I think we are kidding ourselves.

What I mean by that is if Millwall turn us over 3-0 on Saturday, the ‘patience with Bully mantra’ is going to go straight out of the window and this forum will be filled with people saying he was never the long term solution.

as well as we have started, I don’t feel this game-to-game mindset is viable over the course of a whole season... And as much as I want Bullen to succeed, I just know what is going to happen (amongst our fans) when our winning form slows down...

We could appoint a new bloke today and still get turned over on Saturday and he'd be the one getting vitriol .......if fans don't want bullen coz they don't think he can do the job then fine but you can't not give him a run at post on the strength that  he'll  cop some if he fails.