Danny Cowley

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We will lose games, Bullen has conceded that we will. This side is a decent side, but it’s not a side that will be expected to run away with the league, no matter who’s managing

Definitely. It’s not a top 2 side either but we have a squad that can challenge for the playoffs as long as we have good luck with injuries. The midfield and wing areas looks miles stronger this season but question marks are over centre back and whether Borner/Bates will step up to the level of Hector and have we got sufficient quality up top if Fletcher is injured or needs a rest. 

14 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Definitely. It’s not a top 2 side either but we have a squad that can challenge for the playoffs as long as we have good luck with injuries. The midfield and wing areas looks miles stronger this season but question marks are over centre back and whether Borner/Bates will step up to the level of Hector and have we got sufficient quality up top if Fletcher is injured or needs a rest. 

Hopefully by Xmas we will be well in the mix and be in a position to make good use of the January transfer window to strengthen and cement our push for promotion. 

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hard to tell what a top 2 side is on paper... Last year at this stage not many would have said Leeds or Norwich or sheff utd were top 2 sides.  It was all about how good WBA Boro or stokes teams were

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yeah not as good as a translator, whatever happened to that José bloke. Still teaching Spanish to geordies? 

Was waiting for that comment,  there’s a slight difference in working under Bobby Robson and  working for the head teacher of a comprehensive school .

On 13/08/2019 at 16:40, adelphi1867 said:

So let me get this right.

We don't want Bullen because he is untried as a manger, but we want a Non-league manager because he has had a couple of good seasons with a lower league club?.

Bonkers.

I see what you,re saying but to say they've had a couple of good seasons is understating it a bit. They've had two brilliant seasons

23 hours ago, standerino said:

I respect your viewpoint, but at the same time, strongly disagree.

Not only have Lincoln had two promotions in the last 3 seasons, but they are tipped to challenge for the League One playoffs this season (and have made a good start).

I think the narrative of discrediting managers who do well in the lower leagues at smaller clubs is a lazy one (although admittedly we all do it at times). 

Chris Wilder is a great comparison to Danny Cowley...

Wilder was very successful in the lower leagues, constantly bringing success. When Big Sam left Palace he recommended Wilder to the chairman to replace him, but  (probably for the same reasons you mention above) it doesn’t appear he was seriously considered. Now his stock couldn’t be much higher...

Danny Cowley is a gem in plain sight that we should be going all out for before someone else does.

I love Bullen but I’d take Cowley over him any day...

I agree about your point that Cowley is like Wilder. Listening to him on local radio he's all about the team ethic and hard work. Said in here before. When they were having the cup run he was asked about the players being tired. His answer was along the lines of why should they be tired? They're playing football something they love to do and get well paid for. This around the time Carlos was telling us how our players were knackered and needed resting.