Premier League 2019/20

Varsical that they go to review whether the foul on Dele Alli occurred in the penalty area or not. Decide it is outside and give the free-kick. Had it been inside the box then the penalty would not have been given as Alli was offside. 

So they know he was offside but they still stick with the free-kick for the foul and it would have been a goal if the free-kick had been scored.

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

How can it have a real issue if it makes national news if a player gets racially abused compared to it being common place in other nations?

Right...

Numerous instances of it happening over the last few months. 

I don't see how it being reported in the national news makes it not a real issue. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Right...

Numerous instances of it happening over the last few months. 

I don't see how it being reported in the national news makes it not a real issue. 

It shows that it is being treated very seriously but is not suggestive we have a huge issue in this country

Watford have got some good players - can't see them going down

I think they'll win on boxing do too - which is handy as they're at pig lane

But Man U...dear me

What an extremely mediocre side they have become - i mean like Newcastle 

Couple of top players and the rest just premier makeweights - that today was just unacceptable - every team has an off day but that was nowhere near the level of an off day

That was utter tripe

The worst thing about this Man U side is the lack of fight and effort against the so-called lesser teams. 

They turn up against Man City and yet they can't seemingly be bothered to put a shift in against Shef U, Watford and so forth. 

Would never have happened under Fergie. 

Gary Neville gets completely undermined by Dave Jones when making a statement on racist abuse - jesus.

Absolute hypocrites at the FA wanting the book thrown at the Bulgariansm, but not wanting to tackle the problem that exists here. 

We're getting a throwback to the absolute fuckwits that existed in the 70's and early 80's in the grounds again, it's got to be stopped.

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Varsical that they go to review whether the foul on Dele Alli occurred in the penalty area or not. Decide it is outside and give the free-kick. Had it been inside the box then the penalty would not have been given as Alli was offside. 

So they know he was offside but they still stick with the free-kick for the foul and it would have been a goal if the free-kick had been scored.

I think there is still work to be done on VAR!

7 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Gary Neville gets completely undermined by Dave Jones when making a statement on racist abuse - jesus.

Absolute hypocrites at the FA wanting the book thrown at the Bulgariansm, but not wanting to tackle the problem that exists here. 

We're getting a throwback to the absolute fuckwits that existed in the 70's and early 80's in the grounds again, it's got to be stopped.

Tbf to Jones, I'd imagine that was some knobhead producer in his earpiece telling him to say that. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf to Jones, I'd imagine that was some knobhead producer in his earpiece telling him to say that. 

Absolutely.

But it was DJ then not responding to GN's comment of 'do you not agree with me Dave?'.

It came across badly. 

Neville's on the right track with getting the player's to walk off, I think that's also got to be backed with fans calling out individuals in the crowd when anything is said. 

2 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Absolutely.

But it was DJ then not responding to GN's comment of 'do you not agree with me Dave?'.

It came across badly. 

Neville's on the right track with getting the player's to walk off, I think that's also got to be backed with fans calling out individuals in the crowd when anything is said. 

Yeah, it was really awkward. 

I think Jones is a good presenter for the most part and it was a good debate. 

As Neville said, something drastic needs to happen. Players need to walk off that pitch and say enough is enough. 

As it is, I can't see how things are going to change tbh. Someone might get caught, hit with a lifetime ban, but you know full well they'll be another idiot saying something in a few weeks time. 

It is more than just football though - this is to do with society as whole. 

Think social media also plays a huge part. On Twitter, Facebook people will post racist abuse and more often than not they'll be no real consequences (they might have their account deleted). Slowly but surely, you've got to believe that lack of consequence will start to manifest itself more and more in everyday life. 

• Like 1

Neville absolutely nailed that weak spineless nobody in the studio

It was insightful, reflective and introspective - whilst admitting his own shortcomings in the past

Well said Gary - we cannot point fingers everywhere else if we tolerate it in our own country

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Neville absolutely nailed that weak spineless nobody in the studio

It was insightful, reflective and introspective - whilst admitting his own shortcomings in the past

Well said Gary - we cannot point fingers everywhere else if we tolerate it in our own country

I argued that point on this forum after the Bulgaria incident. Got shouted down.

Since that game, there has been incidents of racism every other week. 

Brexit is a huge part in this. It’s given idiots the opportunity to spill their racist views into football. It is not an issue in football, it’s a problem in society which is leaking into the stands. 

Britain is in a really bad place. 

• Like 2