Premier League 2019/20

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not really getting it done?!

They are way behind Liverpool because the scousers are on course for a record points total in the PL. 

Yes they are off it this season but only because of the unprecedented standards they have set in the past 2 seasons. 

He has to take some responsibility for not adding to the defence in the summer but they will still finish 2nd this season, likely to win one of the cups at least and don't be surprised if they focus on the Champions League now, they need to find a top class CB in January to have a chance though.

That's my point...................they've been light years ahead but haven't been able to keep top spot and have now they've been caught by Liverpool. Klopp deserves credit for that.

I didn't mean Pep had turned into a bad manager overnight. His high bar is so high only a few can get there

This encroachment thing and VAR is a bit baffling.

On the freeze frame Sky showed it seemed the ball was leaving Sterling's foot as the Wolves players feet touched the penalty box line. If the ball was off RS's foot then the Wolves players  feet would have been behind and not on the line when RS touched the ball.

As a member of the keepers' union I think Patricio was hard done by, that 1st save was top drawer.

5 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

That's my point...................they've been light years ahead but haven't been able to keep top spot and have now they've been caught by Liverpool. Klopp deserves credit for that.

I didn't mean Pep had turned into a bad manager overnight. His high bar is so high only a few can get there

You said, 'he's really not getting the job done anymore'........

No team has dominance long-term in the PL, even back in the days when ManUre were top dogs they never managed more than 3 titles in a row.  

59 minutes ago, vulva said:

The penalty was odd. You could see quite easily he stood on his foot but the commentators, 2 of them, never mentioned it. 

The report on BBC News this morning showed it from the side where you couldn't see the contact. Said something like "gave a penalty for this..." Suggesting it was a bad decision. 

Then did the same with the encroachment decision. Showed the save, but never mentioned that it was the Wolves player encroaching that cleared the ball.

Totally trying to sensationalise it. Making it look like favouritism.

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Brighton 2 up and completely deserved. 

Not entirely sure what Eddie Howe does/has done to constantly get linked with top jobs. 

Just a modern day Alan Curbishley. 

It was a really poor game. Bournemouth looked shocking.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Brighton 2 up and completely deserved. 

Not entirely sure what Eddie Howe does/has done to constantly get linked with top jobs. 

Just a modern day Alan Curbishley. 

I think he’s better than that. They’re a tiny club who have more than held their own since promotion up to this season plus they play good football. He’s also good at spotting and bringing young players through, I’d love to see him manage us, I think he’d do a great job.

33 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

I think he’s better than that. They’re a tiny club who have more than held their own since promotion up to this season plus they play good football. He’s also good at spotting and bringing young players through, I’d love to see him manage us, I think he’d do a great job.

You think he'd do a good job at managing a team currently in the Championship? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that makes him better than what he is: an average PL manager. 

Who are all these young players he's brought through at Bournemouth? 

As for this they're a "tiny" club: 

Yes, they are. But they also have the backing of a Russian billionaire. 

Edited by SiJ

24 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You think he'd do a good job at managing a team currently in the Championship? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that makes him better than what he is: an average PL manager. 

Who are all these young players he's brought through at Bournemouth? 

As for this they're a "tiny" club: 

Yes, they are. But they also have the backing of a Russian billionaire. 

Jordan Ibe 15m

Dominic Solanke 19m

I like Eddie Howe. Seems a good bloke and done a good job at Bournemouth, not sure if he will ever get a bigger job though. Would prefer teams like Arsenal, Everton to take a chance on him than going down the foreign route like they have. Leicester made to many changes tonight. Daft decision imo. 

Edited by WalthamOwl