Premier League 2019/20

It is just awful. 

Three goals disallowed today by the absolute finest of margins. 

For the life of me, I can't see how anyone can look at that Norwich goal and be absolutely certain that it is offside. If Pukki is offside, then it is by millimeters. 

Another VAR shocker. 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Football never needed VAR, they just needed better officiating. Have the 4th official check dubious incidents and chuck VAR in the bin 

For me, you need to have a screen on the touchline that the matchday official can go and review, like they do in the Champions League. 

The fact that you now have two officials (one on the pitch and another at Stockley Park) just makes it worse. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

For me, you need to have a screen on the touchline that the matchday official can go and review, like they do in the Champions League. 

The fact that you now have two officials (one on the pitch and another at Stockley Park) just makes it worse. 

This is on the basis that VAR is around to stay. 

I'd get rid of the bloody thing. 

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

There’s absolutely no need for it and it’s a waste of resources, having some dud watching a camera miles away.

You’re right, just have a TV in the touchline area and have the ref or whoever check. It’s that bloody simple. They’ve made this far more complicated than it should have been 

That was just brilliant movement from Pukki. 

One of the great skills of being a striker is to come back from an offside position at just the right moment. 

There is no way that the goon at Stockley Park has been 100 percent certain that was offiside, not a chance. 

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

24 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

There’s absolutely no need for it and it’s a waste of resources, having some dud watching a camera miles away.

You’re right, just have a TV in the touchline area and have the ref or whoever check. It’s that bloody simple. They’ve made this far more complicated than it should have been 

They do have a screen on the touchline - the directive from the PL of how they want to officiate is to make seldom use of this for some bizarre reason, I think the feeling is it takes too long.

They do actually make use of the pitch side monitor in Serie A and La Liga so that the onus rests with the referee, which is surely how it should be if the decisions are debatable. 

VAR is being used terribly and I'm delighted we don't have to put up with it in the Championship.

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

City just aren't good enough defensively this season. 

They always look vulnerable on the counter attack. 

In other news: 

VAR disallows a goal because Dan Burns elbow is slightly offside. 

It did look like his arm/elbow was the only part of his body that could possibly be deemed to be offside. Thought you could only be judged offside if a part of the body that you can score with is beyond the offside line?

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They do have a screen on the touchline - the directive from the PL of how they want to officiate is to make seldom use of this for some bizarre reason, I think the feeling is it takes too long.

They do actually make use of the pitch side monitor in Serie A and La Liga so that the onus rests with the referee, which is surely how it should be if the decisions are debatable. 

VAR is being used terribly and I'm delighted we don't have to put up with it in the Championship.

Unbelievable considering how long things are taking at the moment 

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Unbelievable considering how long things are taking at the moment 

Completely agree but I think the idea would be that they would look at it first at Stockley Park then advise the ref to go and have a look if it was debatable, which is why it would take even longer. Not sure what reason there is to stop the ref going over and having a look straight away.