Premier League 2019/20

1 minute ago, scram said:

You blatently heard a different Neville speech to the one i heard if you think he just used it as a chance to have a pop at the tories - he clearly condemned BOTH party leaders

And you say we have moved on from the likes of the Bulgaria incidents - remind me again how many monkey chants in the last couple of weeks?

I don't think football fans are being used as scapegoats - i think football fans being racist will be highlighted in a football tv programme

It's pretty obvious what he meant by his words. 

Did you see the amount of people doing it in Bulgaria? One or two has always been the most in England, it's never ever been co-ordinated as it was that night in Bulgaria. 

If you dont think footy fans are being scapegoated again, you haven't seen the media reaction. Which is ironic, considering how racist our media is in the first place.

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

The threat of hurting clubs in the pocket will be sufficient. Problem is, you can’t really legislate or plan for idiots. Fans in general will start to self police this soon as well. 

Fans wont care if the club loses a few million, especially if they are fans of big clubs.

Fans will only self police if performance on the field is affected, such as forfeiting games and point deductions.

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Fans wont care if the club loses a few million, especially if they are fans of big clubs.

Fans will only self police if performance on the field is affected, such as forfeiting games and point deductions.

So the only reason people will self police racism will be nothing to do with racism.

Ok then. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So the only reason people will self police racism will be nothing to do with racism.

Ok then. 

Well, no not exactly, and you know that's my point. But as per you're trying to find things to argue about.

If team results are affected, fans are more likely to do something about it themselves. If they aren't, and the fans get away with it, it wont be self policed as much because there are no consequences that effect them. That is a straight up, 100%, fact. How many times have you heard racism anywhere, and someone has called it out? I can honestly say, never. Including myself. 

The problem for football is that it is a pretty unique environment for this kind of behaviour to emerge.

Nowhere else do you get the vast number of people , the almost tribal rivalry, the emotion , an environment where 22 individuals are so “isolated “ and open to being abused.

This is why , while ever there is these kind of individuals, racist behaviour is more likely to manifest itself at football rather than anywhere else without it being directly football’s fault.

It is also why it is very difficult to get rid of.

There is a racism problem in this country.

And without wanting to get too political in this thread, we now have a PM who has made racist comments through his career along with antisemitism and islamophobia within our two main political parties. Stoked by some of our media as well. 

Neville is correct football authorities should be trying to lead the way. But they don't, they pretend to care. They roll out these t-shirts and slogans but it doesn't even scratch the surface. And this isn't just a PL issue either. it happens in the EFL....it happens at Hillsborough, and within our travelling fan base. I've witnessed it. 

It's time clubs started to do more themselves, don't wait for FA/EFL/PL to do something. SWFC have a phone number on the back of a programme - it's not good enough. There should be a number to contact on the advertising boards/screens in every ground. There should be warnings displayed and perhaps warnings announced. 

There seems to be more warnings about stadiums being no-smoking zones than there is about racism.  

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well, no not exactly, and you know that's my point. But as per you're trying to find things to argue about.

If team results are affected, fans are more likely to do something about it themselves. If they aren't, and the fans get away with it, it wont be self policed as much because there are no consequences that effect them. That is a straight up, 100%, fact. How many times have you heard racism anywhere, and someone has called it out? I can honestly say, never. Including myself. 

I've witnessed it 3 times within the Wednesday fan base over the last 3 or 4 years. Once at Hillsborough, during the Playoff semi final against Brighton. About 3 or 4 of us had a go at him and he was reported to the nearest steward. 

Swansea away in the cup other year, two blokes behind us were shouting racist abuse - my mate called them out. They stopped and then fcked off at half time. 

Burton away couple of seasons ago. A thug and his pals in front of us had a go at young black steward, who was just doing his job. There was two of us, and 4 of them and they looked ****** evil, so on that occasion we stood down. I still kick myself that i didn't go to report them to a copper. 

Absolutely gulf in class between the two sides. 

Think tonight has exposed one of the main issues with Brendan Rodgers: he is sometimes too stuck in his philosophy to realise that you need to change it. 

Liverpool have been a class above, but Leicester, time and time again, have played into their hands. 

You know, sometimes you can't just count on the fact that you can outplay everyone. 

Two weeks running now Leicester have rocked up and just tried to play their normal game, only to be horribly exposed by superior sides. 

Passing around your own box against Liverpool is borderline suicide. 

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

These god awful commentators don’t help. 

Mahrez made a meal of it but his foot was stood on. 

Also for the retake yes both players encroached, but the Wolves players who shouldn’t have been there cleared the ball from the rebound. 

Agree about the encroachment. 

Never a pen.

• Haha 1

Foul for me, He went down theatrically but definite contact and with VAR you won’t get away with it 

Amazon prime commentators missing a lot of action mind. And suggesting the challenge by Dendoncker was due to his early head injury lol 

no mention of Pep wanting KDB to take penalty over Sterling