Premier League 2019/20

28 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to Steven Fletcher...

There was also a rendition of it's the season, love and understanding, Merry Chrstmas.. Garry Monk :laugh:

Dear me.

I am partial to a bit of 'Jungle bells..... oh what fun it is to see the Wednesday win away' over the festive season though. 

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Thing about Arteta is...he is walking into the job mid-season, at a huge club, and it is his first managerial/first team coach job. 

Ideally, you'd want him to have a full pre-season to work with the players, implement his brand of football and so forth. 

As it is, he is inheriting a pretty lousy group of players (decent attackers, but pretty awful aside from the goalkeeper) and asking him to turn it around. 

If he wasn't an ex Arsenal player, would his name have ever have come up?

On 16/12/2019 at 14:52, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The Palace Ultras stick out like the try hards they are.

Trying to adopt the European ultra culture into English football doesnt work. Its regimented and tacky and very forced.

Just stand up and sing your heart out without gimmicks.

Fair play to them for breaking out of the monotony that is staid English tut-tutting.

On 17/12/2019 at 12:11, WalthamOwl said:

So looks like Arteta for Arsenal and Ancelotti for Everton. Personally think Everton are doing the best business, Arteta could be decent but it’s a hell of a risk with it being his first management job. 

I'd have had them the other way round. 

Arteta to Everton is better to cut his teeth and arsenal need an experienced head right now imo. 

That being said think ancelotti is on the way down and won't make Everton in top 4 challengers imo

On 18/12/2019 at 10:19, fudge27 said:

I'd have had them the other way round. 

Arteta to Everton is better to cut his teeth and arsenal need an experienced head right now imo. 

That being said think ancelotti is on the way down and won't make Everton in top 4 challengers imo

Ancelotti is on cruise control.  He won't make any significant difference in Everton's fortunes.

1 hour ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

why on earth would he leave for villa?

They are a far bigger club than United, bigger stadium, more fans, more money, bigger potential. 

After this season United will get found out and then the bubble will burst. You can’t keep running in the Premier League on free transfers and Championship players. 

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

They are a far bigger club than United, bigger stadium, more fans, more money, bigger potential. 

After this season United will get found out and then the bubble will burst. You can’t keep running in the Premier League on free transfers and Championship players. 

We've been saying that about United for the last 3 years, it's more in hope now than expectation. They are making us look silly.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Former colleague knows Wilder pretty well and I have no reason to doubt him...Wilder effectively runs the club. Transfers, meals, pre season tours... everything.

No other club would give him that. Genuinely think only way he’ll leave is if England bomb in Euro 2020