Premier League 2019/20

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Full of middle class tourists mate. 

Plus games against Everton have lost their edge. Liverpool are unbeaten in nearly a decade now. 

Yep the one sided nature of the games is shocking.

I couldn't cope if we played Pigs at least twice a year and had such a woeful record.

Last night was a gulf in class and had an invevitability about it.

3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yep the one sided nature of the games is shocking.

I couldn't cope if we played Pigs at least twice a year and had such a woeful record.

Last night was a gulf in class and had an invevitability about it.

The Manchester derby has rarely been an even fight either, no matter how Sky try to hype it up.

The North London derby is the only one in the PL that seems fairly unpredictable and is usually a good watch. 

13 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

The Manchester derby has rarely been an even fight either, no matter how Sky try to hype it up.

The North London derby is the only one in the PL that seems fairly unpredictable and is usually a good watch. 

And even that one is only unpredictable when Spurs are the home team - they've only won twice at Arsenal since the Prem began.

13 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

And even that one is only unpredictable when Spurs are the home team - they've only won twice at Arsenal since the Prem began.

Fair point.

Although we've only won once at the lane in the last 50 years lol But would at least say that our games with them are usually fairly balanced, even when one side is on paper much stronger.  

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Fair point.

Although we've only won once at the lane in the last 50 years lol But would at least say that our games with them are usually fairly balanced, even when one side is on paper much stronger.  

aye but we don't play them every year!

Probably only a handful of time..

On 04/12/2019 at 17:01, Owls-Fan said:

Find them a strange club, always feel their starting line up is nothing impressive yet they get results so I eat humble pie most weekends. 

I quite admire them, out of all the bottom half clobber, they know this is the best they will do.
They have kept a very decent likeable manager on, even if they went down they would keep him. 

Must be weird, they will never do a Leicester or even a Wolves without money. Just seem happy to be where they are and part of it. 

1 hour ago, BowOwl said:

I quite admire them, out of all the bottom half clobber, they know this is the best they will do.
They have kept a very decent likeable manager on, even if they went down they would keep him. 

Must be weird, they will never do a Leicester or even a Wolves without money. Just seem happy to be where they are and part of it. 

Yes I admire what they’ve done, but agree it must be strange turning up on a Saturday to see a game of football without any real worry or ambition besides staying away from the bottom 3. 

Hopefully we can have that kind of life soon (in the PL!) 

On 04/12/2019 at 09:01, Owls-Fan said:

Find them a strange club, always feel their starting line up is nothing impressive yet they get results so I eat humble pie most weekends. 

Unwatchable cloggers.  Gimmick squad built in mirror image of their gaffer.  Will fall apart when Dyche wee wees off.  Latter day Stoke punching well above their weight.

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bruce is actually doing a better job than I thought at Newcastle. Only 2 points from 6th place. 

He is, but it’s another season in the PL where the standard between 4th and 17th place seems to be close. Hence the pigs are doing alright. But if people get their act together in the new year hopefully they will be the ones who drift down to relegation town 

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Everton 3v1 up against Chelsea. Something that really annoys me is how these same players that stopped performing for Silva now are capable of this. They should be playing for the club and more importantly the fans in every game whoever the manager is. 

Hopefully it means Everton will be overtaking the pigs shortly. Always liked Big Dunc since I met him when I was a little kid