A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

17 hours ago, SiJ said:

The best bit is McCabe screwed himself over by initially offering 5 million.

He lowballed the Prince because he assumed the money wasn't there.

Turns out he ended up lowballing himself lol

5 million for a PL club.  

What a be11end.

Welcome to the new Blades manager , Rip Van Winkel.

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Didn’t the Prince try to introduce a director of football but Wilder objected to it so McCabe blocked it?

It’d be a shame if he went and installed one now McCabe has gone.lol

Exactly things could get very interesting now bogroll is left to his own devices, and McCabe isn’t around to smooth things over like last time 

33 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Wilder less secure following this mornings appointment (because as those glorious draws turn more frequently into losses, I can see BR Prince suggesting Rip van Winckel helping the first team out, which will be incendiary) 

Van Winkel's appointment wasn't this morning - it was December 2017. Still hope you are right though!

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The Bogroll Prince is live in the SSN studio at 1.15pm.

Anyone going to be able to catch it?

Will try to. Problem with SSN they say 1:15 but as De Gea signed a new contract yesterday they'll talk about that for 20 minutes  before getting on to poundland.

Edited by darra

1 hour ago, darra said:

Blades welcome Jan Van Winckel to the board

A new appointment has been made to the board of Sheffield United FC (SUFC), it was announced today.

Jan Van Winckel, who holds a UEFA Pro License and is a technical expert for FIFA, has joined the Blades board. Mr Van Winckel is also an expert panel member for the Asian Football Confederation in Coach Education and Youth Development. He also joins the board of the holding company, Blades Leisure Limited (BLL).

Aged 43, Mr Van Winckel led the Saudi Arabian football team, as chairman of the technical committee, to the World Cup in Russia. He also held several coaching jobs and was for several years the assistant manager of the famous coach Marcelo Bielsa at Olympique de Marseille in France.

Jan graduated with a Masters in Sports Science and Business Economy from the University of Leuven and is still attached as a researcher to the Biomedical Kinesiology Department of Prof. Helsen.

Mr Van Winckel noted: "I am very proud to be part of this club with its amazing fans and rich history. In the last months I have looked in admiration to the work of Chris Wilder and his staff and the work in the Academy. I hope that my experience can contribute to the overall development of the Blades."

Prince Abdullah bin Mosa'ad observed: "Jan is someone whom I have known for a while now. He is an experienced football man and we are delighted to have him as part of the team at board level."

21 December 2017

:duntmatter:

14 minutes ago, Howards back said:

At The start of the interview McCabe says United history goes back to 1855 at Bramall Lane is that some more history that they have made up 

The club have played their home games at Bramall Lane since their formation in 1889. Bramall Lane is an all-seater ground with a current capacity of 32,125.