Bruces Blueprint, explains a lot

18 minutes ago, trev said:

How much do we think Reach would be worth?

£15 million?

He's probably "worth" £8m (in today's world of arbitrarily crazy prices).

But as we get closer to deadline day and we keep seeing further daft fees for Championship players, you can probably stick another 50% on top of that.

18 minutes ago, trev said:

How much do we think Reach would be worth?

£15 million?

In this market who knows. It's totally gone bonkers but given that Webster, McBurnie, Maupay have all gone for figures in the region of £20M I don't see why this wouldn't be a reasonable starting point, then adjust on a scale of how much do they want to buy vs how much do we need to sell. Expect around £10-12M.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Bruce , Agnew , Clemence etc 

Obviously thought as we did they were here for the long haul , It seems to me that all of their work behind the scenes, assessing our squad, pinpointing who we want in and who we can afford to let go is being adopted and implemented by the club and is probably the reason we dont have a new manager as yet . 

I might be wide of the mark but I think the proposed sales of certain players , Joao and Rhodes is part of that process , I for one would think Reach might be a sacrifice as well . 

If Hector does come in I can see us playing 3 at the Back maybe another Bruce legacy 

We should be thanking Jos Because if hector Is to get re-signed for us .

that’s only one good thing he left in his legacy

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Goalscoring midfielders are gold dust.

Reach goes someone is going to have to break the bank

if anyone wanted him, i think he'd have gone in January when his wonder goals were on TV.

Just now, gurujuan said:

I hope we don’t go three at the back, but I’m not adverse to playing the holding midfielder, who can drop into the back four when needed, as Sam did on Saturday. Hector is also very effective in that role

I like 433, think it suits us. 

Could see Reach dropping back to compete for a central midfield place if we can get another pacey wide player in. Imagine Harris on one side and a Harris mk2 on the other side, with the option of FF too. 

Looks like Bullen is implementing what Bruce was working on and tweaked things slightly. 

Moving to a 4-3-3 system appears to have been a Bullen move. Pretty sure he changed it when we were in Germany and we've stuck with it since. 

As much as Bruce was a fat snake, he did know what he was doing. It'd be foolish for the club not to follow his "blueprint", particularly as we have a caretaker running things right now. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

He didn't inherit them did he ??

He inherited in his first season a team without wingers so he went with 3-5-2 and never changed. Just kept adding to it. 

Your suggesting we are going to play 3 at the back despite not playing it once since Luhukay was here. We tried 3 at the back last year and it didn’t work. 

17 minutes ago, torres said:

No he didn't pal

Yes he did... and that’s just a couple if you want me to find more I will. Luhukay constantly changed the team and formation but regularly went with a 3 at the back and it was horrendous. 

C5BE0DF9-74B5-493E-AD2C-E05F8E6279C2.jpeg

ADFA6048-3883-4B31-9173-04453B72314A.jpeg

28 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I can ever imagine Bruce's plan was to sacrifice Reach. There is not one shred of evidence pointing towards that.

Just re read it. It maybe your opinion to sacrifice Reach.

Not my opinion , just an observation 

Bruce said there will be players sold , not released sold  

I like Reach when he is on it but its the type of challenge that he attempted on Sat before their goal that will have managers pulling their hair out . 

On the other hand he could be great in a 352 if he could mix it up a bit , he nearly shat himself when Charlie Adam came near him 

5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

He inherited in his first season a team without wingers so he went with 3-5-2 and never changed. Just kept adding to it. 

Your suggesting we are going to play 3 at the back despite not playing it once since Luhukay was here. We tried 3 at the back last year and it didn’t work. 

No I said I can see us playing 3 at the back if Hector rocks up 

I also said he could be deployed in the Hutchinson role .

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No I said I can see us playing 3 at the back if Hector rocks up 

I also said he could be deployed in the Hutchinson role .

And I replied saying did you not see how bad we was playing that formation in the first half of last season WITH Hector.

You said it was “Bruce blueprint” despite never once lining up with a 3 at the back under Bruce. Nothing suggest we will play 3 at the back?

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

And I replied saying did you not see how bad we was playing that formation in the first half of last season WITH Hector.

You said it was “Bruce blueprint” despite never once lining up with a 3 at the back under Bruce. Nothing suggest we will play 3 at the back?

Seems you want a row not a debate . 

Thanks for your input .