Bruces Blueprint, explains a lot

Bruce , Agnew , Clemence etc 

Obviously thought as we did they were here for the long haul , It seems to me that all of their work behind the scenes, assessing our squad, pinpointing who we want in and who we can afford to let go is being adopted and implemented by the club and is probably the reason we dont have a new manager as yet . 

I might be wide of the mark but I think the proposed sales of certain players , Joao and Rhodes is part of that process , I for one would think Reach might be a sacrifice as well . 

If Hector does come in I can see us playing 3 at the Back maybe another Bruce legacy 

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Obviously thought as we did they were here for the long haul , It seems to me that all of their work behind the scenes, assessing our squad, pinpointing who we want in and who we can afford to let go is being adopted and implemented by the club and is probably the reason we dont have a new manager as yet . 

I might be wide of the mark but I think the proposed sales of certain players , Joao and Rhodes is part of that process , I for one would think Reach might be a sacrifice as well . 

If Hector does come in I can see us playing 3 at the Back maybe another Bruce legacy 

Not a chance we'll go 3 at the back

9 minutes ago, evaD said:

Not a chance Reach will be sold.

No one will meet Chansiri's valuation. And for that I'm thankful 

I reckon the water will be tested with a bid for him within the next 48 hours?

Agree with following the blueprint that Bruce was going to follow. Don't think he will play 3 at back or sell Reach though. Believe it was reported Bruce wanted Rhodes to be sold even if the buyer pays less so it seems were continuing what Bruce wanted. 

This may or may not have an impact on Bullen becoming manager as he was briefed on the plan for the season from Bruce?

Another potential reason, that backs up OP, on wait for manager is that there is no one that fits the Bruce blueprint/ mold. 

21 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Whilst I agree on some points I'm not sure well be going 3 at the back our fullbacks especially the left whilst maybe capeble would struggle against better sides. 

I'm thinking Bruce was implementing how we played Saturday. 

4-1-2-2-1. It suits who we have available, and besides there's 

No pont bringing in an out and out winger like Harris then going 5 at the back. 

Looked like 4-5-1 to me on saturday and it worked well for the most part . Would think it may change to 4-4-2 for home games . Fletcher did look lonely at times on saturday and when Harris broke there were times when others were struggling [or just too lazy ] to stretch their legs to get in the box for his crosses .

3 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

We sign our first winger with pace in years, he scores opening day we then play 3 at the back and ask him to play wing back?  Not happening

Its certainly interesting .

Cannot see Borner being signed as back up at this stage of his career , If Hector comes in then who goes unless Hector or Borner is deployed in the Hutchinson role , I have been very impressed with Borners calmness and passing ability 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I can ever imagine Bruce's plan was to sacrifice Reach. There is not one shred of evidence pointing towards that.

No. 

I'd be quite surprised if we let Reach go, unless we received some daft bid for him. 

Joao moving on has been talked about all summer and it is pretty apparent that Rhodes doesn't have a long-term future here.