Bruces Blueprint, explains a lot

29 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Everything under Luhukay was catastrophic.

Not at the beginning TBF 

And he started with 5 at the back or 3 depends how you look at it , It all went wrong with that formation when Interestingly Hector went walk about all over the pitch 

He only regained his discipline when Jos had gone and went to a back 4 

This leads me to are we really in for Hector .

Rumour has it that Fat Frank does not want any players going while they are under sanctions . 

27 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Not at the beginning TBF 

And he started with 5 at the back or 3 depends how you look at it , It all went wrong with that formation when Interestingly Hector went walk about all over the pitch 

He only regained his discipline when Jos had gone and went to a back 4 

This leads me to are we really in for Hector .

Rumour has it that Fat Frank does not want any players going while they are under sanctions . 

Hector is not even in Chelseas squad for the season.

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Bruce , Agnew , Clemence etc 

Obviously thought as we did they were here for the long haul , It seems to me that all of their work behind the scenes, assessing our squad, pinpointing who we want in and who we can afford to let go is being adopted and implemented by the club and is probably the reason we dont have a new manager as yet . 

I might be wide of the mark but I think the proposed sales of certain players , Joao and Rhodes is part of that process , I for one would think Reach might be a sacrifice as well . 

If Hector does come in I can see us playing 3 at the Back maybe another Bruce legacy 

How many F's did Bruce give ? My guess is a big fat zero !

Just now, Reallondonowl said:

I would take that but that is at the top end of my range. No less than £12m

Yeah definitely

Goal scoring midfielder who can play many positions and is getting better.

Rarely gets injured and can run all day.

We would miss him if we ever sold him.

Our biggest asset without a doubt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Penney and Odubajo?

Lee / Palmer / Iorfa / Joey / Hutch ?

And Reach of course but that is probably what the other poster was meaning 

Edited by hugeowl

15 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Lee / Palmer / Iorfa / Joey / Hutch ?

And Reach of course but that is probably what the other poster was meaning 

TBF only Iorfa (in addition to Penney and Odubajo ) make that list for me.

Never know they could be targeting a wing-back in addition to Hector as an in-coming addition (albeit unlikely )

Edited by Reallondonowl

everyone seems to have jumped on the 3 at the back comment and reach comment. But the blueprint you talk about i think is absolutely correct. Chansiri and Bullen will know what Bruce was planning and because Bruce left so close to the season they may feel they can do it for now. Plus we have a squad of experience who like Bullen and know how to play together. they can add a couple of people Bruce wanted and away you go.

The test comes when things go wrong, can Bullen make the changes when we hit a bad spell to get us back on track. That will be when we can judge him properly, but until we give him a chance, we'll never know.

Di Matteo was just liked at Chelsea and just kind of guided an experienced team and that went well, Di Matteo isn't Pep, but he is the only Chelsea manager to win the european cup. It can go well for a short period.

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

TBF only Iorfa (in addition to Penney and Odubajo ) make that list for me.

Never know they could be targeting a wing-back in addition to Hector as an in-coming addition (albeit unlikely )

47 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not convinced any of those are wing backs, Reach was ok there but poor defensively.

Palmer Hutch and Lee have all got fullback experience , Lee in his prime would be excellent in that position , Joey has got a great delivery 

Who knows its all about opinions 

Look at Irish and Kingy it just worked 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Palmer Hutch and Lee have all got fullback experience , Lee in his prime would be excellent in that position , Joey has got a great delivery 

If pushed, I might add Palmer but Lee is required in the role he plays as was so sorely missed when out injured. Joey is a good lad but not sure about him longer term. He was a Jos recruit and was tI old at the time that Jos wanted to introduce some positivity in to the dressing room (!) - not a big reason for buying someone tbh.

I do think the Blueprint theory / conspiracy is a sound one though. Anyone coming in now as a manager will be desperate to stamp their in-print on the team so taking the time to find the right person whilst leaving us in the capable hands of Lee is the right move.

22 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

If pushed, I might add Palmer but Lee is required in the role he plays as was so sorely missed when out injured. Joey is a good lad but not sure about him longer term. He was a Jos recruit and was tI old at the time that Jos wanted to introduce some positivity in to the dressing room (!) - not a big reason for buying someone tbh.

I do think the Blueprint theory / conspiracy is a sound one though. Anyone coming in now as a manager will be desperate to stamp their in-print on the team so taking the time to find the right person whilst leaving us in the capable hands of Lee is the right move.

Think the plan for the new coach will be , thats your team to work with until the next window , and then re evaluate 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Dont disagree on the fullback point, just think a wing back is more a niche role where you need to be able to defend a bit but you’re also the only real pacey and direct outlet for the side. It would take Harris out the side too.

As I just posted in the McLaren thread I think we're waiting for the 3 Steve's to get sacked from Newcastle, we take them back and continue with what he's already put in place. It all makes sense, explains why we're going down the route he started and means we're quids in to boot.