Scottish Football Returns.

3 hours ago, malek said:

If we are looking at skill level, none of those is as good as Bannan. 

I'm saying this although I pushed for us at one time or another to try and sign McLean, Fleck, Shinnie and Armstrong. 

Ive got absolutely no idea what or how you’re quantifying ‘skill level’ here. 

How is Bannans skill level better than John McGinns?

Bannan won’t play for them again.

They have plenty of options.

Armstrong, Fleck, McGinn all playing in the Premier League.

Players like Christie , Jack look decent players, typical Scottish ball players like Bannan.

McTominay playing in defence but would do well in the midfield 

All a better age than Bannan.

9 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Alan Brazil reckons they will win the group 

Still.................22 years is a long time , we can forgive them their arrogance.

lol

Hahahaha 

******** hell. Look forward to this when they crash out at the group stage 

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2020 at 11:46, 442 said:

Ive got absolutely no idea what or how you’re quantifying ‘skill level’ here. 

How is Bannans skill level better than John McGinns?

Easily, I will quote Zlatan Ibrahimović when asked to compare himself with Jonathan Carew.

"I can do with orange what he can do with football".

I think that Bannan with ball at his feet can do more than most mentioned above. Not saying he is an all round better player, but more skillful (on the ball if it will make more sense :rolleyes:)

On 13/11/2020 at 11:17, sheriwozgod said:

Alan Brazil reckons they will win the group 

Still.................22 years is a long time , we can forgive them their arrogance.

lol

On 13/11/2020 at 21:16, fudge27 said:

Hahahaha 

******** hell. Look forward to this when they crash out at the group stage 

You’ve got to be positive and we have every right to be. We are 9 unbeaten, on a roll, heading for the A tier of the Nations League, we’ve got two of those games at the Euros at Hampden, one against a team we’ve beaten recently home and away in the Nations League, and one against an ageing Croatia who are nowhere near the same side they were a few years ago. Home advantage is a huge plus.

And England are definitely the ‘big’ team that we would have wanted and the most beatable compared to France, Portugal, Spain, Belgium etc. I don’t see why we shouldn’t be positive.

But knowing Scotland we’ll probably lose every game 3-0 🤣

Edited by edinburghowl

36 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Mcburnie 20 million 🙄

He is rotten. Some great chances to score again today and he has failed every time again.   Hopefully Griffiths gets a shot off the bench soon. 

Not sure how we’re losing this one either. We’ve created quite a bit but it was a great finish for their goal to be fair. 

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

Missed a good chance but he has got forward well. Decent first half from him

Think he must have a good shout of going next summer.

He's a solid enough backup RB.

I reckon Pulis will play him for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

You’ve got to be positive and we have every right to be. We are 9 unbeaten, on a roll, heading for the A tier of the Nations League, we’ve got two of those games at the Euros at Hampden, one against a team we’ve beaten recently home and away in the Nations League, and one against an ageing Croatia who are nowhere near the same side they were a few years ago. Home advantage is a huge plus.

And England are definitely the ‘big’ team that we would have wanted and the most beatable compared to France, Portugal, Spain, Belgium etc. I don’t see why we shouldn’t be positive.

But knowing Scotland we’ll probably lose every game 3-0 🤣

I think you may be underestimating England tbh. Belgium and France are probably tougher than us but not so sure about Portugal and Spain these days.

14 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I think you may be underestimating England tbh. Belgium and France are probably tougher than us but not so sure about Portugal and Spain these days.

From what I’ve seen of you recently you were extremely fortunate to win in Iceland, you’ve struggled against and not beaten the Danes twice, you’re definitely a team we shouldn’t fear. You are strong in the middle of the park and in attacking positions, but you have obvious weaknesses in the centre of defence and in the goalkeeper position. 

You’re a strong side undoubtedly, and will be one of the tournament favourites, but England is a game we would be well up for compared to others, and I don’t think you’re better than Spain or Portugal but that’s just my opinion. Not underestimating you at all BTW - you’re a very good side.

Edited by edinburghowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

From what I’ve seen of you recently you were extremely fortunate to win in Iceland, you’ve struggled against and not beaten the Danes twice, you’re definitely a team we shouldn’t fear. You are strong in the middle of the park and in attacking positions, but you have obvious weaknesses in the centre of defence and in the goalkeeper position. 

You’re a strong side undoubtedly, and will be one of the tournament favourites, but England is a game we would be well up for compared to others, and I don’t think you’re better than Spain or Portugal but that’s just my opinion. Not underestimating you at all BTW - you’re a very good side.

Looking at it from your point of view Edinburgh , Scotland really need to avoid the trap they always seem to fall into and make it all about England.

The two home games at Hampden , if crowds are back , will be a great chance for you and SHOULD be the ones you target as the most important , the England game should be a free hit , so you shouldnt let the auld enemy / mentality scupper it for you but you could see it happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1