Scottish Football Returns.

Probably the best match i've seen in a couple of years.  

Scotland really should have put it to bed in the 90mins.  They looked like they were running on pure adrenaline and they were going at them like an FA cup quarter final.  If they'd had calmed down a bit and looked up they would have realised they had a lot more space to do something.  Serbia looked a shambles till they brought on their subs.

But fair play to Scotland...With messi/pateson and ronaldo/mcburnie up front they hung in there till the end.  I've always thought David Marshall is a superb keeper and I loved his reaction at the end. I thought he got his maths wrong and didn't realise they had won 😉

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No just nowhere near good enough 

Sadly true. We’ve got about 10 players that are better options or ahead of him in the pecking order these days.

John McGinn

Stuart Armstrong

Ryan Christie

Ryan Jack

Callum McGregor

Kenny McLean

Scott McTominay

John Fleck

Graeme Shinnie

Billy Gilmour 

Doubtful Bannan will play for Scotland again 

7 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Sadly true. We’ve got about 10 players that are better options or ahead of him in the pecking order these days.

John McGinn

Stuart Armstrong

Ryan Christie

Ryan Jack

Callum McGregor

Kenny McLean

Scott McTominay

John Fleck

Graeme Shinnie

Billy Gilmour 

All of those players I would happily swap for bannan . It’s not even a knock at him, he’s just not as good as them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

5 cracking penalties. Serbia were better in extra time but we deserved that for the 90 minute display. Can’t believe it. So emotional right now 

Watched most of the Scotland game as the England match was pointless, shouldn't be playing friendlies in the current climate and EIRE have been dire since they parted company with Big Mick.

Scotland were certainly the better side in 90 minutes, Serbia looked somewhat subdued and should have been out without the need for extra time if McTominay had picked up his man from the corner.

Marshall made a couple of good saves in extra time and his reaction to the penalty save, pleading with the ref to get it confirmed it didn't need to be retaken was great.

4 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Not sure it was. 

It was definitely a corner, McTominay tried to get out of the way of the ball but it hit his legs and then from the corner he couldn't get near the man he should have been marking. Fair play for to him for stepping up and taking a confident penalty though.

7 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

John McGinn

Stuart Armstrong

Ryan Christie

Ryan Jack

Callum McGregor

Kenny McLean

Scott McTominay

John Fleck

Graeme Shinnie

Billy Gilmour 

If we are looking at skill level, none of those is as good as Bannan. 

I'm saying this although I pushed for us at one time or another to try and sign McLean, Fleck, Shinnie and Armstrong.