Scottish Football Returns.

I generally prefer Celtic, but really hope Rangers win it this year.

I remember Jamie O'Hara on Talksport just before the season started, making a ridiculous statement that Bournemouth are a bigger club than Rangers, and that if Gerrard got the chance to replace Howe he'd leave Rangers. Unsurprisingly he got hammered for it, and tried to justify it with the ridiculous claim that Rangers had zero chance of winning the SPL this season, and that it would be much easier to win the Championship title with Bournemouth. I knew the guy was an idiot before any of this of course, but it annoyed me how much shiit he was talking. Fortunately Ally McCoist got wind of his comments and said O'Hara should be breathalysed and drug tested before going on air again. 

Pleased to see Rangers way in front and make O'Hara look even more of a tw@.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I generally prefer Celtic, but really hope Rangers win it this year.

I remember Jamie O'Hara on Talksport just before the season started, making a ridiculous statement that Bournemouth are a bigger club than Rangers, and that if Gerrard got the chance to replace Howe he'd leave Rangers.

I think in this monied era of football we have to forgot the old fashioned notions of what constitutes a "big" club

I suppose where O'Hara could be on the right track is that when Bournemouth were in the PL they were a bigger attraction for players than Rangers

We always look at things from a fans perspective and to be honest with you in that regard it's Rangers all day and every day

But players are doing a job - and they want the best chance to get as much money as they can while being in the best shop window they can be in

In that regard then it's Bournemouth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scram said:

I think in this monied era of football we have to forgot the old fashioned notions of what constitutes a "big" club

I suppose where O'Hara could be on the right track is that when Bournemouth were in the PL they were a bigger attraction for players than Rangers

We always look at things from a fans perspective and to be honest with you in that regard it's Rangers all day and every day

But players are doing a job - and they want the best chance to get as much money as they can while being in the best shop window they can be in

In that regard then it's Bournemouth

Yeah good points, I do think managers job is bigger at Rangers than Bournemouth though, especially when Bournemouth are in the Championship, as they were when O'Hara made the claim. 

• Like 1

Managing Celtic or Rangers is huge pressure, as you're simply expected to win every game you play domestically.

You could be ten points clear, draw away at Aberdeen, and the knives will still be out.

Big fish in a very small pond, but the intensity from the fans and the press are something else. It's a never ending circle of religious hate, bigotry and having to be better than the other at all cost.

Celtic are in a mess at the moment. Lennon isn't the man for the job and Rangers are taking full advantage.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Managing Celtic or Rangers is huge pressure, as you're simply expected to win every game you play domestically.

You could be ten points clear, draw away at Aberdeen, and the knives will still be out.

Big fish in a very small pond, but the intensity from the fans and the press are something else. It's a never ending circle of religious hate, bigotry and having to be better than the other at all cost.

Celtic are in a mess at the moment. Lennon isn't the man for the job and Rangers are taking full advantage.

Celtic need to act now. One more slip up in the league and it could be insurmountable. If the players chose a league cup game to finally get Lennon the boot then the board need to respond to that before the title is bound for Ibrox.

Ill Health and Covid have kept me away for more than a year now. I don't go out of my way to avoid the SP league but I find I enjoy all the other stuff to a much higher degree. Stenhousemuir for instance at Ochilview  rarely attracts more than two or three hundred. But people get to know you 'the Sasanach Wednesday fan'. Stenny fans know what it's like to be a Wednesdayite but they suffer far more pain than us and results much more difficult to come by. I must have seen them a dozen times in the last ten years and I have yet to see them win by more than a single goal. Those Scotch pies with a Bovril and bag of chips are to die for. FFS why don't they export them darn here.

Stenny is my fav but others I have visited include Arbroath, Dundee and Dundee Utd. St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs, Fort William and East Kilbride. My worst ever trip was to see Wednesday at Ibrox to come down with a severe dose of food poisoning had to defecate several times on the way back down the M74 managed ok up to running out of scraps of paper.

All good fun in the pursuit of the footy experience !        

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I forgot that Simpsons SPL account existed. 

It’s great... and I a little of what they’re on about. 

It’s brilliant. I’ve learnt so much about the quirky characters of Scottish football through it. They’ve been on fire over the whole Lennon sacking saga. 

• Haha 1

Another 3 points for Rangers today who look unstoppable now. I was very critical of Gerrard but credit where it’s due he has done superbly this season and they look set to win a first trophy and possibly more than one with the League Cup too. I think Morelos will get a ban from the Compliance Officer for his elbow today but he has been far less important to them as a team this season. Their European record has been really impressive too.

Rangers were one of the few clubs who voted the right way and with integrity last season and it stops the 10 so I’ll be happy to see them win the title for a change. And it’s good to see Ross “take your medicine” County bottom too. Hopefully we will be swapping places with those shitebags come the end of the season.

Hearts are 4 points clear at the top of the Championship and scored 6 yesterday against QOTS prior to our Scottish Cup final against Celtic next weekend. Gutted I won’t be attending but fingers crossed we can do it. We are due one against them after they cheated us in last years final with Edouard’s dive for the penalty. 

And Hearts have just pinched the Head of Recruitment from Preston today too apparently for our backroom team. About to be announced officially shortly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1