12 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Not sure about Rowett

Like most people I wanted Hughton

But Rowett is a far better option than Pullis or Karanka

And it's getting to the stage where we need to get someone in

If we couldn't get Hughton, then Rowett is the best of a bad bunch

Agree.

My only issue with Rowett is, arguably his most successful spell was at Birmingham, where he played counter attacking football. Will that brand football suit us as fans?

What type of football did he play at Derby?

2 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Agree.

My only issue with Rowett is, arguably his most successful spell was at Birmingham, where he played counter attacking football. Will that brand football suit us as fans?

One that got them into play offs. 

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

One that got them into play offs. 

But is that good enough for some fans. Some fans want us to play like Man City or Liverpool along the way, as well as winning the league.

Personally I don't really care and would be happy with that.

22 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Listened to his interview ,He has a team of assistants he travels with ,Would he want to replace some we already have at the club ,Not the new fitness coach surely not.

I read where he only took one to Stoke somebaody called Sale. Summerfireld gu he had worked with and who was his assistant manager did not go.

Not an exciting appointment, I’d describe it as adequate.  A step down from our previous manager, and the rest of the league will be fairly happy with us getting Rowett as we won’t be seen as much of a threat to them.

That said if he can get a starting eleven working hard and performing to its best then we’d be outsiders for the playoffs which would be acceptable next season. 

Would have liked us to show a bit more ambition but it is what it is 

I have asked around folks I know and nobody has heard anything.

Personally I thought we would wheel out manager at this afternoons game, if they do not reports of knock backs in respect of wages being offered are probably correct.

1 minute ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I hope any changes do not upset the Harmony of the squad.

I agree with that, think biggest risk is signing a manager who plays completely different style we are currently playing. There is insufficient time to get ideas across before new season and way fixtures are we need good start. Think we are desperately short on coaching front. I know we have fitness guru now but losing 3  is large whole.

39 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

But is that good enough for some fans. Some fans want us to play like Man City or Liverpool along the way, as well as winning the league.

Personally I don't really care and would be happy with that.

And winning every week, feck that I like a good moan now and again after a loss. :tango:

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Agree.

Not sure about the style. He got results. He got the best out of Winnall.

It feels like the right kind of appointment right now. I'm surprised at Hughton, comes accross as tho he thinks he is above this job. If that's the case, we've suffered enough of that from the cabbage man.

Ideally announced today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Would take Rowett over another Paxo no hoper any day.

Just wish DC would hurry up. Not the best way to start a new season.

Who’s Paxaio recommended ?

21 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Is hughton possibly on 'gardening leave' from Brighton until 1st August I wonder, so can't take the job yet?

I agree if he doesn't show the right hunger for the job we should move on

Possibly, but I'm sure Brighton would be more than happy to stop paying him if they could. The question is whether or not Houghton is happy to sit at home doing nothing and still be earning his full salary, depending on the T & C's of his contract. 

We could well be currently be negotiating with him and Brighton. You just never know in football.

If Rowet is there today I'd say it's his.