Embargo statement due soon

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

marc just a reminder to take your pills his morning, you don’t seem in the nicest of moods 

I've been med free for years, and I'm never in a nice mood because you c*nts force me into stabbing mode

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Guest Ash76

You’ve not reached that conclusion based on Alex Millers tweets have you? If so you might have missed this one 

:duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Mate Ive gone off her since I found out she was vegan, you’ll get an apple

(though I could still be persuaded to give her a glass of nut milk)

Is that the swear filter ... nut milk :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

Not confident they will put a statement out at this stage when it’s gone on forever and nobody’s said a whisper 

Huge supporter of the Chairman, but the lack of communication about this stupid embargo is really poor form 

I don’t understand at all why a statement cannot be put out just to say where we are at, the EFL’s stance of no comment bewilders me aswell ... why on earth would you not be prepared to talk about a rule you imposed 

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not confident they will put a statement out at this stage when it’s gone on forever and nobody’s said a whisper 

Huge supporter of the Chairman, but the lack of communication about this stupid embargo is really poor form 

I don’t understand at all why a statement cannot be put out just to say where we are at, the EFL’s stance of no comment bewilders me aswell ... why on earth would you not be prepared to talk about a rule you imposed 

To be fair I think Chansiri pretty much confirmed we would be under an embargo in January with that club statement urged us to sign up for Club 1867. But I agree an updated statement wouldn’t go amiss. Particularly considering Bruce said in May that as far as he was aware we wouldn’t be under an embargo. The communication from the club is poor and has been for awhile in my view. 

At the end of the day leading a club into successive transfer window embargo’s is not great. People can moan about FFP but they are the rules and other clubs have managed to avoid sanctions by having a sensible recruitment strategy which involves selling players. I’d hope our owner will take note of this and learn but whispers coming out about high player valuations suggests he hasn’t.

Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong in the next couple of weeks. Going into the new season with the 6 strikers we have is bonkers.

Edited by SallyCinnamon