Embargo statement due soon

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not confident they will put a statement out at this stage when it’s gone on forever and nobody’s said a whisper 

Huge supporter of the Chairman, but the lack of communication about this stupid embargo is really poor form 

I don’t understand at all why a statement cannot be put out just to say where we are at, the EFL’s stance of no comment bewilders me aswell ... why on earth would you not be prepared to talk about a rule you imposed 

Perhaps EFL don't allow clubs to comment unless / until they say so ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

To be fair I think Chansiri pretty much confirmed we would be under an embargo in January with that club statement urgent us to sign up for Club 1867. But I agree an updated statement wouldn’t go amiss. Particularly considering Bruce said in May that as far as he was aware we wouldn’t be under an embargo. The communication from the club is poor and has been for awhile in my view. 

At the end of the day leading a club into successive transfer window embargo’s is not great. People can moan about FFP but they are the rules and other clubs have managed to avoid sanctions by having a sensible recruitment strategy which involves selling players. I’d hope our owner will take note of this and learn but whispers coming out about high player valuations suggests he hasn’t.

Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong in the next couple of weeks. Going into the new season with the 6 strikers we have is bonkers.

Does anyone actually want to buy any of our players ???

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Does anyone actually want to buy any of our players ???

Well this is the problem. We’ve got a lot of players here on good money. But I do believe we do have saleable assets - Forestieri, Joao, Reach and Bannan would all attract interest from other clubs. 

9 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Perhaps EFL don't allow clubs to comment unless / until they say so ?

Did suspect this, but I was corrected other day when someone said Birmingham announced there’s 

but yeh , I think the EFL’s stance of no comment is pretty poor 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well this is the problem. We’ve got a lot of players here on good money. But I do believe we do have saleable assets - Forestieri, Joao, Reach and Bannan would all attract interest from other clubs. 

Not at the prices we quote.

• Like 1

Feeling pessimistic today so fully expecting something along the lines of:

The club is pleased to announce that it is no longer under a soft embago with the EFL, it has however now under a full transfer embargo. 

Edited by andytrig
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, modboy said:

What a mare this summer has been 

I wasn’t too arsed about the umbongo as we seemed to be doing bits of business and the players we’ve picked up for nowt all seem alright. Cabbage heed doing the dirty on us has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works though. I’m more concerned about the recruitment than the coaching at this stage as the transfer window closes earlier and we have a few gaps in the squad that need filling, and no idea who, if anyone, is in charge of transfers. The fat prícks have really done a number on us... the Wednesday way I suppose 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

West Brom have just bought Kenneth Zahore from Cardiff for 8 million....... DC has got his pricing bang on based on current market value!

It's about being a bit more realistic. When you are operating under and embargo and need to trim your squad, sometimes you might have to take a bit less than what you want. Personally believe on paper Zohore has a better record than Joao, has a promotion to his name and played in the Premier League last season. If someone came in for Joao at 4m I'd take it. We've made a profit on him and it is money coming into the club which can be used to help with FFP or to improve the overall squad. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

I’m not overly concerned We can’t really complain that the process is dragging on, when we set the process back a couple of months, by the late filing of our accounts As for where we stand, apart from the injection of the ground sale monies, plus any compensation for Mr Potato head, we’ve also shaved a few million off the wages bill

3 hours ago, s73owl said:

You wouldn't be saying that if it was Rachel riley wanting to do the touching lol (other hot female celebrities are available) 

She's currently pregnant but whatever floats ya boat WTF:

• Like 1

We've signed 3 players and we only have a couple of other holes in the team which can be covered with loans. Why do we care about embargo, we don't need to spend money for the sake of it, that's how we got under the embargo in the first place.

I get it would be nice to sign hector, but if we can't afford him, then we can't, loan someone and move on.