Embargo statement due soon

Not really sure what folk were expecting this season. Even if Bruce & his cronies were still here, we are a club in transition, we certainly aren't going up nor down. All Bruce did was carry on picking the same team that Bully sorted last December from the wreckage that tash left behind. Sure the embargo is frustrating but the business done with releasing players and signing the three new lads means that the squad has a fresher and more youthful look about it.

Without the ground sale (which I believe is still to be ratified by the EFL), we have lost £66m over the last 3 season's. I'm no rocket scientist but we've massively overspent and mismanaged our own finances. People coming on here slagging the EFL are way wide of the mark. It's DC & his "advisors" fault that we find ourselves in this situation, not the EFL.

We are in for another mediocre season in my humble opinion.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Without the ground sale (which I believe is still to be ratified by the EFL), we have lost £66m over the last 3 season's. I'm no rocket scientist but we've massively overspent and mismanaged our own finances. People coming on here slagging the EFL are way wide of the mark. It's DC & his "advisors" fault that we find ourselves in this situation, not the EFL.

Be careful with that kind of common sense, which will attract multiple negs.

We knew the rules when DC took his poo or bust gamble. 

We failed.

We now pay the price.

2 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

We failed.

We now pay the price.

Whats the price though !?  I’m not negging nowt or denying he’s made mistakes 

I’m just frustrated there’s absolutely no communication from either side what the situation is 

While ever clubs relegated from the Prem are allowed to spend their parachute payments then the EFL’s P&S rules make it difficult for clubs such as us who have been out of the Top Flight for a while to compete in the championship. 

Yes we’ve probably been a bit careless with what finance we had but the current rules aren’t fit for purpose given the amounts that players are expected to be paid these days?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Whats the price though !?

The embargo is the 'prize'. 

The sales of the ground to DC stopped us exceeding the 3 year loss figure, but that's a one off and we can't do anything similar. Until we've unwound the contracts of some of the bigger earners on £30k + per week, we will be stuck with free transfers and young prospects.

United were skint for other reasons and didn't spend big, so it's not impossible, but you need a manager with a plan, who sticks to it.

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Not really sure what folk were expecting this season. Even if Bruce & his cronies were still here, we are a club in transition, we certainly aren't going up nor down. All Bruce did was carry on picking the same team that Bully sorted last December from the wreckage that tash left behind. Sure the embargo is frustrating but the business done with releasing players and signing the three new lads means that the squad has a fresher and more youthful look about it.

We are in for another mediocre season in my humble opinion.

Spot on here mate, except our defence in Germany didn't look that fresher to me.

If improved, the Fletch / Rhodes axis looks like it could to take us to top 2, with good supply from wings.

But I can't believe EFL will buy that ground 'sale?' value of £60 million , from £23 million (not actually sold yet, nor cash received ).

And that'd be trouble.

4 hours ago, tarn owl said:

We've signed 3 players and we only have a couple of other holes in the team which can be covered with loans. Why do we care about embargo, we don't need to spend money for the sake of it, that's how we got under the embargo in the first place.

I get it would be nice to sign hector, but if we can't afford him, then we can't, loan someone and move on.

This sums it up for me. We don’t really need to sign anyone else on a permanent deal in my opinion.  We need to get cuter at using the loan market to fill the gaps in our team/squad. Hoping we get a manager sorted by the end of this week, in time for the PL clubs to finalise their squads & decide who’s going out on loan and we get a few deals over the line later next week.

2 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

People coming on here slagging the EFL are way wide of the mark. It's DC & his "advisors" fault that we find ourselves in this situation, not the EFL. 

That's prob true, yet if he came and spent fa most fans might have got mardy cos he won't spend owt.

It was a gamble pure and simple and do you know at the hull final...i didn't hear one fan say what the fooook is he doing spending all this money..nor the season after. Only the hindsight gang do not understand the principles of gambling.

• Thanks 1

Lots of us saw this coming ages ago TBF

The money being spent on the wrong players was baffling 

I’ve never been a fan of chansiri and it’s why I stopped posting because I sounded like a broken record

Lets all just hope we can get out of this mess in spite of him being at the helm

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jeff King's dog said:

We failed.

We now pay the price.

Why worry about negative reactions, you have to write what you feel rather than what people what to hear 

4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

That's prob true, yet if he came and spent fa most fans might have got mardy cos he won't spend owt.

It was a gamble pure and simple and do you know at the hull final...i didn't hear one fan say what the fooook is he doing spending all this money..nor the season after. Only the hindsight gang do not understand the principles of gambling.

Too right some fans were getting excited as if it was their money making lists of players they wanted to sign. We all got carried away not thinking of the consequences and hoping that the powers that be had a plan

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

Lots of us saw this coming ages ago TBF

The money being spent on the wrong players was baffling 

I’ve never been a fan of chansiri and it’s why I stopped posting because I sounded like a broken record

Lets all just hope we can get out of this mess in spite of him being at the helm

Lots of us bought into it mate....

Play off final....play off semis...We accepted it.

Its all mainly hindsight now, cos we f.ooked up.

Sure Chansiri has got loads wrong...He seems determined to take it to the limit to get it right,

As a fan, wheres yer choice?

You haven't actually got one have you?

We own..nothing..We have no say.

I will back him to the hilt on the Bruce thing...because I can't stand Ashley taking the p*ss out of the club.

The next decision he makes will be one of the most crucial in the history of the club, and whether you trust his judgement or not..

Theres absolutely f.ook all you can do about it

Reight laugh isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff King's dog said:

The embargo is the 'prize'. 

The sales of the ground to DC stopped us exceeding the 3 year loss figure, but that's a one off and we can't do anything similar. Until we've unwound the contracts of some of the bigger earners on £30k + per week, we will be stuck with free transfers and young prospects.

United were skint for other reasons and didn't spend big, so it's not impossible, but you need a manager with a plan, who sticks to it.

Jos had a plan and stuck to it

2 hours ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

We all got carried away not thinking of the consequences and hoping that the powers that be had a plan 

The only plan was promotion, unfortunately football is not an exact science.

Maybe the gamble isn't quite lost yet.

21 hours ago, stowyowl said:

People can talk about the pros and cons of Chansiri's pricing / selling policy in the current market, but I for one will not doubt the business acumen of the man who made a profit on Stevie May,

The same man who spent something like £7m on a striker when we already had 6 with vast experience at this level between them, for a team that didn't suit his limited game and knowing we were about to rocket through the ceiling of our permitted spending limits?

39 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The same man who spent something like £7m on a striker when we already had 6 with vast experience at this level between them, for a team that didn't suit his limited game and knowing we were about to rocket through the ceiling of our permitted spending limits?

he thought that the rhodes addition (goals wise) was the fillip we needed to get up.