4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would a manager that hasn’t come in to the club yet really be happy that he hasn’t had a say in the players the club bring in? You would think they would want to bring their own players in. 

Let’s wait and see if any players arrive yet eh...    

Bullen would have been given the job by now 

47 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I don’t know what some people expect given we are in a weak negotiating position here.

The trois de steves are employed by Newcastle. Assuming we have received compo for Bruce we are talking about his stooges.

Ashley will not flinch at a legal action threat. Pretty common the way he does business.

If we went full blown legal action then the cost would probably outweigh the gain.

So the whole thing now is about saving face rather than monetary reward.

If it involves loans or whatever get it sorted quick, let’s get a new manager in and get our season started.

It will do far more damage deflecting our club from getting sorted for the start of the season that it will if the end result of the deal is not perfect. Get it sorted and move on .

If we win the court will order that Newcastle must pay our costs.

It's not about saving face. If there are contracts in place we are entitled to the compensation stated in the contracts. If Ashley is not prepared to pay up we can ask the courts to enforce the terms of the contract. This is the way English law operates. If the amount shown in the contracts has been paid we are on shakey ground but we could possibly be able to go after Newcastle for an illegal approach. I'm not at all sure about the rights and wrongs of that.

The pursuit of a case against Newcastle isn't relevant to the start of the season. It will be in the hands of the solicitors now. The football management side is insulated from that. The club administration will deal with it not the team manager or coaches.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If it’s the 2 lads from last season I would rather lose out. Spent to much time out injured. 

That is fair point, presumably medical staff would know if had persistent problem. For this reason I would not like us to buy either of them at this stage.

Just now, Royal_D said:

Let’s wait and see if any players arrive yet eh...    

Bullen would have been given the job by now 

Possibly however perhaps DC will use the delay to say Bullen was the best of the candidates he talked to. If he gave it to Bullen straight away would be obvious he hadn’t talked to others. 

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

My point is that the agreed form of compensation with Newcastle is probably not at all related to who our next manager will or will not be.

I know a lot want the manager to select players 100% of the time, but the situation with Bruce is exactly the reason why that should not be the case. 

Bring back the committee. Best way of ensuring some continuity and avoiding stagnation and panic whenever we're without a manager.

The personnel on the committee might not have been ideal, but the principle was one of the best decisions Chansiri has made at the club. Shame it didn't last.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

either that, or a queue of lorries from dover to half way up the country deliberately backed up by french customs, bottlenecking uk production and exports. win/win.

Can we leave politics alone on the Sheffield Wednesday boards. Nobody will change their views now and it's irrelevant to the football.

Pretty please.

• Thanks 4

Just now, prowl said:

Can we leave politics alone on the Sheffield Wednesday boards. Nobody will change their views now and it's irrelevant to the football.

Pretty please.

Correct 100%

Project Fear failed and continues to fail.

Remainers’ glasses are still rose tinted.

The trick is learning to get on with each other. 

Football overcomes all boundaries and unites.

Unless there are managers to be recruited.

lol

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Correct 100%

Project Fear failed and continues to fail.

Remainers’ glasses are still rose tinted.

The trick is learning to get on with each other. 

Football overcomes all boundaries and unites.

Unless there are managers to be recruited.

lol

I did say Pretty Please.....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Quist said:

Does any body know Chansiri  whereabouts?

I understand he's in Uzbekistan visiting one of their second division teams. From what I understand theit manager has a  magnificent moustache and DC was wondering if the guy could do a job for us. Negotiations are proceeding well and it should be a good deal for us, so far the wage negotiations are 3 goats per month with a signing on fee of 2 camels. That's great for us as livestock don't count for P & S.

I'll keep you informed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I understand he's in Uzbekistan visiting one of their second division teams. From what I understand theit manager has a  magnificent moustache and DC was wondering if the guy could do a job for us. Negotiations are proceeding well and it should be a good deal for us, so far the wage negotiations are 3 goats per month with a signing on fee of 2 camels. That's great for us as livestock don't count for P & S.

I'll keep you informed.

Hope we don’t end up with the camel as manager instead.