Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Loans part mentioned in paper version

More that it means Bullen is going to be manager etc 

Edited by mkowl

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Is it a good deal? They could just loan us some unproven u23 player that can't even get a game for the u23? Or have I missed something? 

I'm sure we won't just have a blindfold on and take a lucky dip. We will have a say in who we take on obviously. 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Me too but I don't think it's likely. I reckon we're too much of a step down for him and wage wise he'd be on a lot. 

He played for WBA on loan last season. Him and Gayle were both at club.

If we are going to extract something from them thought might as well make it something decent.

I think we have enough left backs think we have Fox, Penney, Odubajo and Palmer all played in that position plus Reach. We lack creative quick players going forward and so went for them two. I was not sure if we could get defensive midfielder for us from them another area where we require someone.

Guest mkowl
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Awful decision if that is the case. 

My point is that the agreed form of compensation with Newcastle is probably not at all related to who our next manager will or will not be.

I know a lot want the manager to select players 100% of the time, but the situation with Bruce is exactly the reason why that should not be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Still no idea why people link this with Bullen getting the job 

Would a manager that hasn’t come in to the club yet really be happy that he hasn’t had a say in the players the club bring in? You would think they would want to bring their own players in. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Would a manager that hasn’t come in to the club yet really be happy that he hasn’t had a say in the players the club bring in? You would think they would want to bring their own players in. 

A question of timing get them whilst we can or lose out if we wait for the new manager to be installed.... Your choice.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Without a manager? That was my point, with no manager, we aren't going to be considered.

With a manager, different story, depending on who it is.

Can you just clarify something was Jos a manager? ;-)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

A question of timing get them whilst we can or lose out if we wait for the new manager to be installed.... Your choice.

If it’s the 2 lads from last season I would rather lose out. Spent to much time out injured.