Odds For The New Manager

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The realistic options for a new manager aren't  particularly overwhelming.

The dream options are endless.

Mr C has a huge decision to make and will make it for the good of SWFC.  He will not please all the fans.

Owlstalk will have another huge input after the appointment is made. That's the only certain thing in all this.

HAHA Huge input ? You couldn’t make it up.   Wait a minute I think you just have.     UTO 

23 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Bet you look good in a Dutch one 73 ?

Complete with blonde pigtails? Speaking of things dutch, just gave the mrs an oven, she's currently in the toilet throwing up, getting ready for the fall out when she gets back lol

Edited by s73owl
  • Haha 3

I think we can probably rule out Pulis and Coleman now. Not sure if we’ve expressed an interest and they’ve turned it down or vice versa but think they’d have it by now if it was going to be. All based on the flow of news/odds. Rowett still seems a possibility. After that, who knows.

Ruling current bookies fav Coleman out because you think he would have the job by now if it was going to be ?

dont get that at all.  Interviews and negotiations can take time.  I’d say he’s in the mix along with Rowett.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Apart from the connection of him actually being the manager of the club who George Hirst joined? Or being good mates with David, and being put in Be,glum to stay on the payroll because the Leicester owners really liked him. 

Now I know I haven’t been a huge fan of some of the stuff Mr C has done, but to say he wouldn’t make a connection is pretty much calling him a moron, he’s not a moron.

Don’t really wanna go off topic, but I was told by someone I know well that Nigel Pearson was not instrumental in the move.

Don’t care if don’t believe it, I do 

Despite him being a bit weird, not wanting to work in Sheffield and having a connection at least to the George Hirst saga, I’d much rather have Pearson than most of the names being banded around - Coleman, Bullen and Pulis for starters.

Don’t want Pulis, Coleman, Pearson.

My top 3 in order are;

Hughton

Holloway

Rowett

Pulis plays archaic/dire football and I doubt his brand would get a team up to the premier. I’m really unsure on Coleman - his club managerial career hasn’t been great and Pearson is an oddball.

Hughton is the standout. Holloway is a great bloke and would unite the fanbase. I think Rowett is a decent bloke and would get us going. His football isn’t great but he would do better here as he will be working with better players. 

We should all spend today praying to the elephant gods that Coleman doesn’t get the job. Consider his record in the championship

Coventry - 21st, 17th, 19th

Sunderland - 24th

In fact I’d hazard a guess that from ANY manager to have managed 100+ games at this level his record must be close to being the worst. That we’d even consider him - if true - is a worrying indictment of whoever’s drawing up the shortlist. 

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

Every manager in the frame has been sacked from 2nd tier clubs ,most more than once 

Belgian second tier though. What we talking, League Two level at best? No idea but it ain’t Championship. What the hell was he messing about there for in the first place. 

Edited by Sonny

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Belgian second tier though. What we talking, League Two level at best? No idea but it ain’t Championship. What the hell was he messing about there for in the first place. 

Because hed rather travel hundreds of miles than work in Sheffield!

Well that's what some suckers on here believe after a diplomatic  throw away quote by him 

18 minutes ago, owls10 said:

Why not Nigel Pearson.He is an experienced manager and after all he was the last player to lift a trophy for the club.

Not a chance it will be Pearson. As well as the Hirst saga , DC wouldnt  touch him after Pearsons son was filmed racially  abusing Leicesters thai owners a couple of years ago.

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Quiet day on the SkyBet market so far which suggests we're no nearer to an appointment. Totally expecting money to come in for Bullen should we win today :rolleyes:

If we are doing a deal with Newcastle for loan players, looks like DC taking his time and using Bruce's recruitment blue print. 

The new manager won't have time now to affect recruitment now anyway  so will be a case of working with what he has. 

Think the target for an appointment will be the Espanyol game, I'd  be surprised if Bullen starts the season in charge.